Do we need a thread on what type of savers accnt or basic or cash acnt needed for MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-11-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Do we need a thread on what type of savers accnt or basic or cash acnt needed for MP

Same as above ..So Savers accounts dont work right ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2021

Longevity: 32%
Default Re: Do we need a thread on what type of savers accnt or basic or cash acnt needed for

it needs to be able to handle a direct debit mandate

I do not think most saver accounts are equipped for that
Old 06-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Do we need a thread on what type of savers accnt or basic or cash acnt needed for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therulerz5 View Post
it needs to be able to handle a direct debit mandate

I do not think most saver accounts are equipped for that
But how to you get multiple other accounts that are not savers do they let you have multiple current accnts
Old 06-14-2021

Longevity: 21%

This is not true savers do work my accounts are using savings accounts no problem all they need is a sort code and account number to receive payments
Old 06-14-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
This is not true savers do work my accounts are using savings accounts no problem all they need is a sort code and account number to receive payments
Yes but what about the payouts?
Old 06-14-2021

Longevity: 27%

The word 'saver' is pointless as each banking institution uses this word to describe a whole range of account types.

Some banks have satellite accounts to your main current account to encourage you to save. It's called a saver account but is effectively a basic current account. These will work. I have used them.

Some banks have savings accounts. These are accounts which are designed to keep your savings with them and access is deliberately restricted to encourage you to leave your monies intact. These wont work.

Folk need to start looking for banks with the first feature I describe. But be sure than once they see you using it for business purposes and not simple/normal savings they will question you - as many of us know.

Then there's the option of simply opening up a new current account and respecting it by making your stealth account a legitimate sales outlet so the need for countless accounts is gone.

If you're a seller of dodgy wares and are a burner account person then you either need to find a very accommodating bank or change your business model. There will be those dedicated to selling codes etc and they will put in a lot of effort to make it work. They will put in the hard yards and aren't the sort who frequent this forum. The chancer who simply comes here to have their hand held is doomed to failure, some would say rightly so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Bradd (06-21-2021), rafoman (07-06-2021)
Old 06-14-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
Yes but what about the payouts?
There is no problem with payouts I have 2 ebay accounts with savings accounts and have been getting payout for over 6 months now
Old 06-14-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

with savings accounts it is more like unreliable gambling , some people can use them , others don't , I would say you are on the bright side if you just take a current account
Old 06-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
with savings accounts it is more like unreliable gambling , some people can use them , others don't , I would say you are on the bright side if you just take a current account
Yea current account are better but the bank need more information every time you open another one, saving accounts are easy to open I have 8 savings accounts with the one bank
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uavmods For This Useful Post:
Bradd (06-21-2021), StealthHarry (06-18-2021)
Old 06-19-2021

Longevity: 65%

I have used a natwest savers for managed payments, have not had a payment yet but hope it works fine as it is the one i have used with PP for years.
Old 06-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There is no problem with payouts I have 2 ebay accounts with savings accounts and have been getting payout for over 6 months now
May i ask what bank you use cos iv got 3 banks im hoping iv got one like yours
Old 06-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
The word 'saver' is pointless as each banking institution uses this word to describe a whole range of account types.

Some banks have satellite accounts to your main current account to encourage you to save. It's called a saver account but is effectively a basic current account. These will work. I have used them.

Some banks have savings accounts. These are accounts which are designed to keep your savings with them and access is deliberately restricted to encourage you to leave your monies intact. These wont work.

Folk need to start looking for banks with the first feature I describe. But be sure than once they see you using it for business purposes and not simple/normal savings they will question you - as many of us know.

Then there's the option of simply opening up a new current account and respecting it by making your stealth account a legitimate sales outlet so the need for countless accounts is gone.

If you're a seller of dodgy wares and are a burner account person then you either need to find a very accommodating bank or change your business model. There will be those dedicated to selling codes etc and they will put in a lot of effort to make it work. They will put in the hard yards and aren't the sort who frequent this forum. The chancer who simply comes here to have their hand held is doomed to failure, some would say rightly so.
So how do you know waht you got cos iv got about 9 savers accounts in 3 different banks ?
Old 06-21-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
Same as above ..So Savers accounts dont work right ?
You mean specifically for UK accounts?
Old 06-23-2021

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:

Hello Uavmods,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you.
Old 06-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
May i ask what bank you use cos iv got 3 banks im hoping iv got one like yours
Which 3 banks?
Old 07-14-2021

Longevity: 33%

If it was a different user asking i'd tell them exactly the process, but because its Bradd and he is a *** who needs spoon feeding with everything. I won't.
Old 07-15-2021

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaten by dre View Post
I have used a natwest savers for managed payments, have not had a payment yet but hope it works fine as it is the one i have used with PP for years.
How is your Natwest Saver account getting along with Managed Payments?