eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Real name banned indefinitely, any point trying using these details for MP (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/144005-real-name-banned-indefinitely-any-point-trying-using-these-details-mp.html)

beaten by dre 06-14-2021 05:06 PM

Real name banned indefinitely, any point trying using these details for MP

Hi,

Around 5 - 7 years ago was banned indefinitely on a couple of accounts (real name) for selling C/F products as you can tell from my username.
Them days are gone and i am just selling unbranded low risk goods 10 - 20 items per month just as a side hustle on a stealth acc.
To switch to M/P is it worth me trying to use my change to my real name, address etc on my 6 year old stealth account or will it be an almost certain death to that account?

slokor 06-14-2021 05:40 PM

Re: Real name banned indefinitely, any point trying using these details for MP

I know of users doing so with US based accts.
Dont know how it is in the UK but theres only one way to find out. Worse case scenario you wasted some of your time.

beaten by dre 06-15-2021 06:54 AM

I can still accept pp at the minute on my good till cancelled items but can not edit anything so i am a bit worried about ending up without an account, i do think i would pass the M/P process but wondering if it would be a matter of time before i am linked to the banned accounts.

beaten by dre 06-15-2021 02:09 PM

Update.

I decided to test it and just try all my banned details if it works great, if not we may learn something.

Changed my name and address prior to going to the MP link.

Then entered all my banned details in the MP section.

Bank account used was one which was used for the PP account connected to this account.

Emails i have had :

1/ Thanks for updating your info.
2/ Important: confirmation of the set up of your direct debit instructions.
3/ You're all set up for the simpler way to get paid.

Last email was 30 minutes ago, i have not yet had to confirm any deposits as with paypal.

So it looks as expected due to legit details that i am signed up to MP but now i am just waiting to get linked, would this usually be instant?

quizmaniac 06-15-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaten by dre (Post 1158301)
Update.

I decided to test it and just try all my banned details if it works great, if not we may learn something.

Bank account used was one which was used for the PP account connected to this account.

Emails i have had :

Last email was 30 minutes ago, i have not yet had to confirm any deposits as with paypal.

So it looks as expected due to legit details that i am signed up to MP but now i am just waiting to get linked, would this usually be instant?

Sounds like you are signed up. No need for any micro deposits it will be instant. Go too payment on your account. If your bank is listed you are good to go.

beaten by dre 06-16-2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quizmaniac (Post 1158323)
Sounds like you are signed up. No need for any micro deposits it will be instant. Go too payment on your account. If your bank is listed you are good to go.

Yeah it is listed so all looks good that way, just the problem of being linked to previous accounts now.

quizmaniac 06-16-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaten by dre (Post 1158382)
Yeah it is listed so all looks good that way, just the problem of being linked to previous accounts now.

Indeed. Time will tell on that one. Plenty of people in the same position.

RipeBanana 06-17-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaten by dre (Post 1158301)
Update.

Emails i have had :

Just to clarify, when you said you changed your name and address before clicking to the MP link, what did you change it to? real details? before clicking the link and entering real details again?

james_112233 06-17-2021 12:00 PM

You won't get banned again unless you are breaching policies or selling vero.

I got banned 3 years ago and all is well with my real details across MULTIPLE accounts.

Don't risk your accounts submitting made up crap. They have relaxed the rules clearly otherwise there would be a mass ban that we would all be hearing about.

beaten by dre 06-17-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RipeBanana (Post 1158573)
Just to clarify, when you said you changed your name and address before clicking to the MP link, what did you change it to? real details? before clicking the link and entering real details again?

I went into my profile on ebay and changed my main name to my real name address DOB etc (which was banned for vero 6-7 years ago), after i did this i was checking if it had changed and i noticed the main name had been changed but there is a section with 4/5 other name and address sections which had not been changed, something like billing address, returns address and a couple of others. Changed these one by one before clicking the managed payments link. I am pleased i checked because mismatching address anywhere could just cause a flag you do not need.

beaten by dre 06-17-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1158618)
You won't get banned again unless you are breaching policies or selling vero.

I got banned 3 years ago and all is well with my real details across MULTIPLE accounts.

Don't risk your accounts submitting made up crap. They have relaxed the rules clearly otherwise there would be a mass ban that we would all be hearing about.

I hope so, i did ask about getting my old accounts back a couple of years ago and they said i was indefinitely banned. I sell nothing risky now and just want an easy life :surrender:

Justwondering 06-25-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaten by dre (Post 1158620)
I went into my profile on ebay and changed my main name to my real name address DOB etc (which was banned for vero 6-7 years ago), after i did this i was checking if it had changed and i noticed the main name had been changed but there is a section with 4/5 other name and address sections which had not been changed, something like billing address, returns address and a couple of others. Changed these one by one before clicking the managed payments link. I am pleased i checked because mismatching address anywhere could just cause a flag you do not need.

How did you change your DOB before signing up to MP ? I cannot see the option to change my DOB

Just to clarify, before signing up to MP , you went into your account settings, updated Name, Address and DOB ?

Then signed up for MP afterwards?

RipeBanana 06-25-2021 03:37 PM

Someone on this site. the user "Murdered by Ebay" Recommended that you change the details during the MP signup, they said after you are done signing up for MP, your Ebay account will be updated with the details you gave during the signup.

He said changing the details before signing up for MP might get you banned....

I havent tried it, wondering if anyone has done it that way?

murdered_by_ebay 06-25-2021 04:03 PM

you can do it the both ways. I did not say would be banned but said that it is safer to change the details during signup as they ask to update the details anyway if they were not correct

garden1 06-26-2021 10:13 AM

can you simplify what you do please. do you just sign up with real info then ebay will change everything on your account or change your details before you sign up for M/P then you risk getting banned again. thank you for any help.