eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Setting up new eBay account with real deets? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/144875-setting-up-new-ebay-account-real-deets.html)

medway30 08-13-2021 01:31 PM

Setting up new eBay account with real deets?

Has anyone set up a completely new eBay account since managed payments have come in with legit details?

I’ve tried to set up a couple accounts with legit details. (Friends and family who have allowed). But as soon as I list an item to sell I’m permanently suspended and not allowed to buy or sell.

I can’t figure out what’s triggering this??

Am I selling to quickly? Only listing 1 low priced item between £10-£50 I’m also bidding on a couple of items. Is this a trigger? I can’t see why either would be as I’m sure most people sign up to eBay in the hope to sell crap around house or something?

Should I just bid on something and wait a while before selling anything though I’ve never done that before as I only sell low priced items.

Is it the bank as that’s the only thing that is not legit. Savings accounts from my main bank account in my name. I can’t see a way around this as nobody is going to allow access to their bank account and I wouldn’t want to either.

What method are people using to set up new accounts? I can’t think of anything I’m doing wrong other than bidding to soon. Listing to soon or the bank account any advice greatly appreciated. I’m running out of friends and family ;)

SaiJin 08-13-2021 02:12 PM

Re: Setting up new eBay account with real deets?

When you say suspended, is it a temporary limitation that they wanna talk to you email or more like "we're ending you" email?

medway30 08-13-2021 02:19 PM

As I said permanently suspended/restricted whatever you wanna call it. Can’t buy or sell. Permanently

murdered_by_ebay 08-13-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166215)
As I said permanently suspended/restricted whatever you wanna call it. Can’t buy or sell. Permanently

you need to call in and ask to reinstate. those are random suspensions , they do not check whether your details are genuine

medway30 08-13-2021 04:15 PM

They said that the account won’t be reinstated and I cannot open another account nor buy or sell again due to too much risk or along those lines.
I can’t see how asking them to reinstate would change this especially as they are stating they won’t?

murdered_by_ebay 08-13-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166230)
They said that the account won’t be reinstated and I cannot open another account nor buy or sell again due to too much risk or along those lines.
I can’t see how asking them to reinstate would change this especially as they are stating they won’t?

did you actually call them?

medway30 08-13-2021 04:32 PM

No don't see the point when they state its permanently suspended and their decision is final?

"Your eBay account has been permanently suspended because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This means the following:
- You can’t buy or sell on eBay any longer. Any other accounts that you own or that are associated with this account have also been suspended.
- Outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven’t previously disputed will be charged to the payment method we have on file.

The safety of our community is a top priority for us, so our decision to permanently suspend your account is final and can’t be appealed. "

murdered_by_ebay 08-13-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166232)
No don't see the point when they state its permanently suspended and their decision is final?

"Your eBay account has been permanently suspended because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This means the following:
- You can’t buy or sell on eBay any longer. Any other accounts that you own or that are associated with this account have also been suspended.
- Outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven’t previously disputed will be charged to the payment method we have on file.

The safety of our community is a top priority for us, so our decision to permanently suspend your account is final and can’t be appealed. "

yes , they send this email almost to every new seller , it is like a welcome email

medway30 08-13-2021 04:48 PM

Really? So it can be appealed even though they say it can’t be?

murdered_by_ebay 08-13-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166234)
Really? So it can be appealed even though they say it can’t be?

this is ebay , a company run by complete morons

medway30 08-13-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166235)
this is ebay , a company run by complete morons

Lol
So you reckon I can ring them and get it reinstated?

pisports 08-13-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166236)
Lol

50/50 chances.
but after reinstated you better leave it for a few weeks before list a thing up.otherwise it may get into that suspension again.good luck

murdered_by_ebay 08-13-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166236)
Lol

not everyone get reinstated but the chances are not bad , they usually ask what you want to sell , how long delivery takes etc.

leaving the account without new listings for a couple of months after reinstatement may not be a bad idea

medway30 08-16-2021 05:00 AM

How do I get to call them I can’t find the cal them option now account has been suspended:(

medway30 08-16-2021 05:11 AM

Just spoke to them on chat and they said the decision is final and cannot be changed then closed the chat so I’m guessing calling them is pointless too.
Just wanna know what the f flagged it as these were legit details

medway30 08-16-2021 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166228)
you need to call in and ask to reinstate. those are random suspensions , they do not check whether your details are genuine

I’m guessing this is not the case as several agents through chat have now said that once a no appeal suspension has been put on your account it can’t be reversed.
They also no longer seem to have a phone number to call them on?!

Hardgrafter 08-16-2021 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166490)
I’m guessing this is not the case as several agents through chat have now said that once a no appeal suspension has been put on your account it can’t be reversed.
They also no longer seem to have a phone number to call them on?!

Hello mate

Sorry to hear that. Same issue has happened to me and I was using my dad's real details (permission given by him of course). My process was exactly the same as yours. When I went to list a cheap item under a fiver, suddenly boom the account gets suspended permanently. I called them too but still no joy. Such a shame. I used a Halifax savers.

Absolutely gutted.

medway30 08-16-2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardgrafter (Post 1166491)
Hello mate

Sorry to hear that. Same issue has happened to me and I was using my dad's real details (permission given by him of course). My process was exactly the same as yours. When I went to list a cheap item under a fiver, suddenly boom the account gets suspended permanently. I called them too but still no joy. Such a shame. I used a Halifax savers.

Absolutely gutted.

Can’t understand why. I used a Halifax saver too and Lloyds. These used to always work fine. Maybe not anymore but which banks do it that’s the case?
Can’t understand why they are being permanently suspend with legit details straight away

medway30 08-16-2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardgrafter (Post 1166491)
Hello mate

Absolutely gutted.

Also how did you get to call them? I can’t find a phone number anywhere that actually works :(

medway30 08-16-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureness (Post 1166505)
Halifax and Lloyds are heavily abused banks and are now being blacklisted by eBay. Try some other banks.

What U.K. banks do you recommend?

murdered_by_ebay 08-16-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 1166512)
What U.K. banks do you recommend?

use Monzo and Revolut , these are by far the best ones

and with suspensions , you need to CALL , never ask on the chat.

medway30 08-16-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166524)
use Monzo and Revolut , these are by far the best ones

and with suspensions , you need to CALL , never ask on the chat.

I can’t find the the number to call. It’s not coming up in help and contact I’m guessing cos I’m suspended and can’t appeal and it’s also saying I’m no longer a registered user.

What is the number to call them? The agents on chat said they are not accepting calls at the moment and the freephone number I found online had a recorded message saying to go to website and then hung up.