eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   What is actually being checked?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/144926-what-actually-being-checked.html)

welshdan 08-18-2021 10:37 AM

What is actually being checked??

When eb does its mp checks what are they actually checking?

Seems like a credit search but no actual search shows on the file?

Just trying to check the mechanics of it to see how we can work at this?

murdered_by_ebay 08-18-2021 11:13 AM

Re: What is actually being checked??

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshdan (Post 1166785)
When eb does its mp checks what are they actually checking?

Seems like a credit search but no actual search shows on the file?

Just trying to check the mechanics of it to see how we can work at this?

they check whether you are known to the UK financial system. which is why it is important that you provide your actual details instead of trying to pull some stunts like some people here stating variations of their names , dates of birth , addresses etc. , their checks would show which information matches and which does not and that may easily lead to suspension

dune 08-18-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166787)
they check whether you are known to the UK financial system. which is why it is important that you provide your actual details instead of trying to pull some stunts like some people here stating variations of their names , dates of birth , addresses etc. , their checks would show which information matches and which does not and that may easily lead to suspension

And what about peple with zero financial history?. Let's say a mother that never had a work (or bank account) in her life and all the bills were paid by her husband.

What happens if she opens a bank account now and begins to sell on eBay?

murdered_by_ebay 08-18-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1166809)
And what about peple with zero financial history?. Let's say a mother that never had a work (or bank account) in her life and all the bills were paid by her husband.

What happens if she opens a bank account now and begins to sell on eBay?

I don't think anyone cares about that stuff. I can tell even more , you can move to the UK right now , get a residence permit and try to get yourself verified on ebay with your real ID , if they don't find your credit history they will just shut you down

and then you can write to the ebay pawns on the chat as long as you like , they will be promising new verification and reinstatement etc. and nothing will happen. this is a usual ebay tactic , no one cares about anything , all ebay agents on the chat have zero power to decide anything serious except they can reinstate brandnew accounts which were suspended randomly without any verification whatsoever in the first place

dune 08-18-2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166811)
I don't think anyone cares about that stuff. I can tell even more , you can move to the UK right now , get a residence permit and try to get yourself verified on ebay with your real ID , if they don't find your credit history they will just shut you down

and then you can write to the ebay pawns on the chat as long as you like , they will be promising new verification and reinstatement etc. and nothing will happen. this is a usual ebay tactic , no one cares about anything , all ebay agents on the chat have zero power to decide anything serious except they can reinstate brandnew accounts which were suspended randomly without any verification whatsoever in the first place

So I go further, what about if that mother without financial history (no banks, no work, no bills, ...) opens a bank account today, then his husband transfers some money to her account, and then begins to use it for little shopping (grocery, pharmacy, gasoline, ...) let's say for 1 year

Do you think it would be enough to have a financial history and successfully pass Managed Payments?

I can't believe this new system of payments has to be so complicated if the real mummy wants to earn some money at least for once on her life. eBay would lose many potential sellers !

murdered_by_ebay 08-18-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1166812)
So I go further, what about if that mother without financial history (no banks, no work, no bills, ...) opens a bank account today, then his husband transfers some money to her account, and then begins to use it for little shopping let's say for 1 year

Do you think it would be enough to have a financial history and successfully pass Managed Payments?

I can't believe this new system of payments has to be so complicated if the real mummy wants to earn some money at least for once on her life. eBay would lose many potential sellers !

the biggest problems arise if you don't have a credit history. if you open a bank account with a real bank you will have a credit history. but if you don't have any you will see that many banks will be reluctant to take you on as well

we have a whole bunch of banks here in the UK which only want customers with good credit history. in some cases a basic account can be opened even if there is no credit history but this is going to take effort as well as banks are suspicious of anyone who is not known at all so that eventually a very poor credit history is still a lot better than no credit history

dune 08-18-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166813)
the biggest problems arise if you don't have a credit history. if you open a bank account with a real bank you will have a credit history. but if you don't have any you will see that many banks will be reluctant to take you on as well

So I can tell you about that mummy and she has no problems opening online accounts with the top major banks. Those banks asked her about his status and she said "Housewife". Accepted without any problem ... I don't see why eBay would not (let's say she wants to sell old furniture)

murdered_by_ebay 08-18-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1166814)
So I can tell you about that mummy and she has no problems opening online accounts with the top major banks. Those banks asked her about his status and she said "Housewife". Accepted without any problem ... I don't see why eBay would not (let's say she wants to sell old furniture)

the mommy probably has a credit history , online accounts with major banks would not be opened without credit history. something like transferwise can do it but not real banks , they would require a personal visit

dune 08-18-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166815)
the mommy probably has a credit history , online accounts with major banks would not be opened without credit history. something like transferwise can do it but not real banks , they would require a personal visit

I must disagree. As you can guess I know that mummy very well and that has been and is her life (no "financial history" until now, 100% guaranteed). But now she has 2 online bank accounts with the 2 largest major ones in the country. Zero problems ...

murdered_by_ebay 08-18-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1166817)
I must disagree. As you can guess I know that mummy very well and that has been and is her life (no "financial history" until now, 100% guaranteed). But now she has 2 online bank accounts with the 2 largest major ones in the country. Zero problems ...

that would not work in the UK , maybe it is different in Spain and they have additional verification methods , Adyen do ask for the spanish internal ID number though , maybe this is the way they can identify people

dune 08-19-2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1166819)
that would not work in the UK , maybe it is different in Spain and they have additional verification methods , Adyen do ask for the spanish internal ID number though , maybe this is the way they can identify people

You could be right, we are asked for that and at some point the ID doc with those numbers must be uploaded (like online banks require when you open an account). And the same goes for other few countries: https://docs.adyen.com/platforms/ver...identity-check

welshdan 08-23-2021 10:01 AM

So in the UK if you have access to more than one address it will be a case of opening a bank account at the alternate address, utility bill and you should be okay to set up another account with your details and the alternate address if your original address is banned??

murdered_by_ebay 08-23-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshdan (Post 1167465)
So in the UK if you have access to more than one address it will be a case of opening a bank account at the alternate address, utility bill and you should be okay to set up another account with your details and the alternate address if your original address is banned??

if you are banned on ebay MP your full name and DOB are still on file so even if you use a different address obviously you could still be identified

welshdan 08-26-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1167469)
if you are banned on ebay MP your full name and DOB are still on file so even if you use a different address obviously you could still be identified

I guess it depends upon how hard they look. I think using good stealth principles ie keeping both accounts totally separate, you could be okay?

murdered_by_ebay 08-26-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshdan (Post 1167874)
I guess it depends upon how hard they look. I think using good stealth principles ie keeping both accounts totally separate, you could be okay?

if name and DOB are the same your only hope is that no one will be looking. This is not likely to be the case with heavy suspensions though , for example for copyright violations