eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   is it possible 2 have 2 accounts on mp with same name and dob without linking? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/145085-possible-2-have-2-accounts-mp-same-name-dob-without-linking.html)

bonedaddy101 08-31-2021 12:32 PM

is it possible 2 have 2 accounts on mp with same name and dob without linking?

cant seem to get a definite answer from anyone?

Ill Be Back 09-04-2021 04:18 AM

Re: is it possible 2 have 2 accounts on mp with same name and dob without linking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 (Post 1168414)

I too am wondering the same. I have 2 real drivers licences in my name with different addresses. I have one store doing fine at my current address and was contemplating on using my other ID for my previous address. I think it will link and cause issues though so not taking that risk at the moment.

rsot 09-04-2021 05:24 AM

Re: is it possible 2 have 2 accounts on mp with same name and dob without linking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Be Back (Post 1168784)
I too am wondering the same. I have 2 real drivers licences in my name with different addresses. I have one store doing fine at my current address and was contemplating on using my other ID for my previous address. I think it will link and cause issues though so not taking that risk at the moment.

It's difficult to say 100% because MP is still relatively new - eb is using MP for the payments but it seems like they are operating a little differently with regards to using stealth info to register eb and real info for MP...

Ill Be Back 09-05-2021 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1168790)
It's difficult to say 100% because MP is still relatively new - eb is using MP for the payments but it seems like they are operating a little differently with regards to using stealth info to register eb and real info for MP...

You mentioned in another post about using the same ID on two different accounts without linking. Is this possible.

Thanks

Pandoras_box 09-05-2021 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Be Back (Post 1168784)

One of these will be invalid if both are UK licences; otherwise one is foreign and both are valid.
In that case, unless you've got two identities with separate UK history, one of your accounts will fall flat.

I see two exceptions though:
1. Thee first is what you would be able to do if one of both licenses were foreign. ;)
2. You can ditch the invalid or foreign license, ring eBay and ask for a second selling account. You're allowed to have multiple selling accounts with a few minor inconveniences.

Pandoras_box 09-05-2021 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 (Post 1168414)

Perhaps you aren't getting a flurry of responses because folks suppose you should have deduced the answer yourself.

The short answer is no.
If that were possible, what would stop you from going for 10, 100 or a thousand stealth accounts with one ID?

eBay allows you to own multiple 'legit' accounts, but you can only have one history tied to your identity. If you start exhibiting felonious behaviour, all your accounts will be on death row simultaneously. :redface:

Ill Be Back 09-05-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1168877)
One of these will be invalid if both are UK licences; otherwise one is foreign and both are valid.
In that case, unless you've got two identities with separate UK history, one of your accounts will fall flat.

I see two exceptions though:
1. Thee first is what you would be able to do if one of both licenses were foreign. ;)
2. You can ditch the invalid or foreign license, ring eBay and ask for a second selling account. You're allowed to have multiple selling accounts with a few minor inconveniences.

Thanks. Unfortunately both of them are UK licences. I moved addresses a year ago and didn't send the old one back lol