eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Help MP, have I gone wrong somewhere? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/145770-help-mp-have-i-gone-wrong-somewhere.html)

sareen101 10-30-2021 02:48 AM

Help MP, have I gone wrong somewhere?

Hi all I created a new EBAY account with MP. I used all legit details from a friend, but ofcourse used my own bank account. I confirmed all deposits ebay made and was working fine until I hit the £1k sales. It is now asking for ID.

I just wanted to ask if asking for ID is normal? All details e.g. name, DOB and address are real but bank account is different.

brassmonkey 10-30-2021 02:52 AM

Re: Help MP, have I gone wrong somewhere?

I think everyone is asked for ID eventually - if when signing up for MP ebay can verify you then they may not ask for ID straight away but eventually they will as part of KYC.

sareen101 10-30-2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 1174408)
I think everyone is asked for ID eventually - if when signing up for MP ebay can verify you then they may not ask for ID straight away but eventually they will as part of KYC.

Thank you for your reply, am I able to make a stealth ID but with real person details e.g. name, DOB?

Or will that equal a ban? I'm sure if they done a credit search it would pass as real details.

murdered_by_ebay 10-30-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareen101 (Post 1174407)
Hi all I created a new EBAY account with MP. I used all legit details from a friend, but ofcourse used my own bank account. I confirmed all deposits ebay made and was working fine until I hit the £1k sales. It is now asking for ID.

I just wanted to ask if asking for ID is normal? All details e.g. name, DOB and address are real but bank account is different.

what did the ebay message say exactly?

sareen101 10-30-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1174415)
what did the ebay message say exactly?

We couldn't verify the identity information you provided.

More details But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.

Says the above but the identity is genuine

murdered_by_ebay 10-30-2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareen101 (Post 1174416)
We couldn't verify the identity information you provided.

More details But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.

Says the above but the identity is genuine

identity is not enough , you need to state details that allow to make a credit check , ask your friend to get a credit report from experian and then change the details on ebay to the exact details from experian , then upload ID

if you upload ID and do not correct the details it is likely you will be suspended. you only have one attempt , once ID has been uploaded there is no way back

sareen101 10-30-2021 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1174417)
identity is not enough , you need to state details that allow to make a credit check , ask your friend to get a credit report from experian and then change the details on ebay to the exact details from experian , then upload ID

if you upload ID and do not correct the details it is likely you will be suspended. you only have one attempt , once ID has been uploaded there is no way back

Thank you for your help/advice. So a normal account would not need ID that have details that matched? Does it 100% mean the details do not match experian?

murdered_by_ebay 10-30-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareen101 (Post 1174420)
Thank you for your help/advice. So a normal account would not need ID that have details that matched? Does it 100% mean the details do not match experian?

ID may be asked for under various circumstances , the issue here is that not that an ID is asked for but that the provided information could not be verified this is a typical ebay message when false details are on file and this usually results in permanent suspension unless details are corrected

there were various people here who tried sending in real ID and were suspended because ID is not enough , the details must pass credit check

rsot 10-30-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1174421)

there were various people here who tried sending in real ID and were suspended because ID is not enough , the details must pass credit check

Certainly seems like it for UK MP

RipeBanana 11-08-2021 06:50 PM

On top of Verification, I suspect they also have some sort of trust index, that makes it more likely that they will request further infos?