Clever TRICK to by pass ID check or not so smart? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-08-2022

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 69%
Default Clever TRICK to by pass ID check or not so smart?

I have been hit with an ID check and want to verify with real info, but my previous address's on my credit file are banned. I am aware Adyen use Experian and I can edit or change the address in my Experian account. If I was to do this then send over my real passport. Would this work? or am I missing something?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Clever TRICK to by pass ID check or not so smart?

I have never done this myself but... worth a try and let us know?
Old 11-09-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

best of luck OP - try it out and let us know as SaiJin suggested
Old 11-09-2022

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross88 View Post
I have been hit with an ID check and want to verify with real info, but my previous address's on my credit file are banned. I am aware Adyen use Experian and I can edit or change the address in my Experian account. If I was to do this then send over my real passport. Would this work? or am I missing something?
Adyen definitely use clear score and credit karma. This is how it works when you change details and submit ID Adyen do a TRACESMART where they check your name, date of birth and address against your name on your eBay account and address on your eBay account. If it all matches up correctly and you send in your real passport using a pdf format not jpg it will pass.

To change an address on credit karma you can simply change your bank details address through online banking this will appear on your credit report. I’ve changed address but not used a changed address as I have a few old address on my credit report so I’ve been able to use them with success.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (07-09-2023), ross88 (11-09-2022), rsot (11-13-2022)
Old 11-09-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Some times it takes up to a month to change credit info depending on service you use
The Following User Says Thank You to Roy3805 For This Useful Post:
ross88 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

if the address was banned before MP it does not matter it can be used again

if it was banned on MP it may or may not lead to suspension depending on the type of old suspension

however , it is sufficient to identify people by name + DOB for the purpose of suspending them for older violations , it is not enough only for the purpose of passing the verification
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
ross88 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Adyen definitely use clear score and credit karma. This is how it works when you change details and submit ID Adyen do a TRACESMART where they check your name, date of birth and address against your name on your eBay account and address on your eBay account. If it all matches up correctly and you send in your real passport using a pdf format not jpg it will pass.

To change an address on credit karma you can simply change your bank details address through online banking this will appear on your credit report. I’ve changed address but not used a changed address as I have a few old address on my credit report so I’ve been able to use them with success.
That’s really good to know, i have like 5 bank accounts. Do i only need to change on one of my bank accounts to get the address on my credit report?
Old 11-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Also when you got hit with the id check and managed to pass.. did you change your account details before providing docs? I am in a situation where I have an account I purchased and I guess I would have to change it to legit details to pass the ID Check.

Last edited by ross88; 11-09-2022 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That’s really good to know, i have like 5 bank accounts. Do i only need to change on one of my bank accounts to get the address on my credit report?
Also interested to confirm - feels like only 1 change is needed
Old 11-10-2022

Quote:
Also when you got hit with the id check and managed to pass.. did you change your account details before providing docs? I am in a situation where I have an account I purchased and I guess I would have to change it to legit details to pass the ID Check.
One account I created was in my name and previous address on credit report so didn’t change anything over.

Second account was asked for ID after £1000 in sales. I changed name, date of birth address kept the same because it was in my brothers name and date of birth and previous address we lived at.

He didn’t let me use his ID which I don’t blame him as I wouldn’t let anyone use my ID so sent same ID which passed on the other account and passed on that account as well.

I wouldn’t submit stealth ID it will get your account suspended.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
rafoman (01-07-2023), ross88 (11-10-2022), shadowface (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022

general rule of thumb with verification is that if you get asked to provide ID on a recent account the verification has already failed

so request for ID is the last chance you are given to correct the problem , one it is uploaded you are done and there is no way back

on older verified accounts ID may also be asked for but this usually happens if the same person has multiple accounts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
rafoman (01-07-2023), ross88 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
general rule of thumb with verification is that if you get asked to provide ID on a recent account the verification has already failed

so request for ID is the last chance you are given to correct the problem , one it is uploaded you are done and there is no way back

on older verified accounts ID may also be asked for but this usually happens if the same person has multiple accounts
My plan is to slowly build up one of the accounts I purchased and when I get the ID check I will update the account to my real details including a random address I have added to my credit file.
Old 11-10-2022

Quote:
My plan is to slowly build up one of the accounts I purchased and when I get the ID check I will update the account to my real details including a random address I have added to my credit file.
This is not a bad idea you will need to remove your bank account and VCC once you change your account details over. So if your account passes with your passport your payouts will still be on hold as name on eBay account must match name on bank account.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
ross88 (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is not a bad idea you will need to remove your bank account and VCC once you change your account details over. So if your account passes with your passport your payouts will still be on hold as name on eBay account must match name on bank account.
Thanks Sam! Do you think I should change to real details before the ID check or wait till I get hit with it and change them just before submitting pdf passport? Your a credit to this community mate really appreciate your help

Last edited by ross88; 11-11-2022 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2022

Quote:
Thanks Sam! Do you think I should change to real details before the ID check or wait till I get hit with it and change them just before submitting pdf passport? Your a credit to this community mate really appreciate your help
Thanks mate I appreciate you saying that. I just don’t want to see people lose money over and over again when it’s not that hard to get back on eBay once you know how.

I enjoy helping and sharing my knowledge for free to help everyone

Going back to what you said you can wait until you are hit with the ID request before changing everything over.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
ross88 (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thanks mate I appreciate you saying that. I just don’t want to see people lose money over and over again when it’s not that hard to get back on eBay once you know how.

I enjoy helping and sharing my knowledge for free to help everyone

Going back to what you said you can wait until you are hit with the ID request before changing everything over.
Thank you Sam, I am going to do all these things and will check back in and let you and this community know how it all goes. Really appreciate it mate
Old 11-13-2022

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%

Just an update, stealth ID didn't pass on one of my stealth accounts yesterday. Better to change to real details and upload a real ID.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimble For This Useful Post:
samspalace (12-06-2022)
Old 11-13-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%

Quote:
If it all matches up correctly and you send in your real passport using a pdf format not jpg it will pass.
They will accept jpegs, it's all I've ever used, like 99% of sellers, and have never had an issue. What makes you think it is less likely to?

I doubt many sellers, have ever uploaded a photo or scan of their passport by .pdf.

Last edited by Hank; 11-13-2022 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
They will accept jpegs, it's all I've ever used, like 99% of sellers, and have never had an issue. What makes you think it is less likely to?

I doubt many sellers, have ever uploaded a photo or scan of their passport by .pdf.
Since I got my main account suspended I tried 2 jpegs of my passport and both of my accounts got suspended.

I’ve converted to pdf and both passports have passed. I’m not saying they won’t accept JPEG’s I’m just saying what I have done and what has worked for me.

They could of been rejected because of my address

1) random address used
2) a real address used not my own

Either way I will continue to use pdf as it has passed on 2 of my accounts.
Old 11-13-2022

just use your real ID and make a scan on a usual scanner which uses JPG as default

details must match what is verifiable through experian and you are good to go

sending in real ID but failing credit check is the same as sending stealth ID and failing credit check
Old 11-13-2022

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 39%

Wait until eBay is going to implement video verification like Amazon.
Old 11-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
Wait until eBay is going to implement video verification like Amazon.
will be annoying if so