eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal trippin about the IP address... 24VC (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/104556-paypal-trippin-about-ip-address-24vc.html)

adamwu 01-23-2017 08:58 AM

PayPal trippin about the IP address... 24VC

Hi,

I need to upload a utility for paypal to confirm my address.

The problem is I just cant login as it says ''we verify your documents, etc.''. I have received email that ID is cool but still need to provide utility bill or something.

I gave them a call. Guy said that I need to change my password etc. and also that there is an issue with my IP as something is blocking to show my real IP. I said that I am not a tech guy, this is the business wireless but I will look into it.

Only with this acc, I am using 24VC. They use SoftEther VPN software. Should I get rid of this and do Pritunl as same as on the other accounts? Will this do the trick?

123 01-23-2017 02:57 PM

Re: PayPal trippin about the IP address... 24VC

Usually when they start inquiring about your ip address its because the account was already flagged for other reasons (such as suspicious transactions or receiving too much money at once, etc) so now its on high alert. Otherwise they wouldn't look into it like that.

Best thing to do would be to use a local ISP ip address from that country if you live there at least while you submit in the documents and they pass you. But if you don't live there than I guess you could try another vpn ip address but if its an issue with the account being labeled high risk already, I don't see how that would work.

That's why I find it best to start a bit slower to not draw so much attention to your account then when you increase sales, you don't get these kinds of limitations.

adamwu 01-24-2017 06:22 AM

Yes, I did one mistake. I tried to send money from paypal (UK to USA) buying currency. I used send for family and friends option. They assumed that someone tried to brake into the account. I will never do that again with my new account.

rsot 01-24-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamwu (Post 826185)
Yes, I did one mistake. I tried to send money from paypal (UK to USA) buying currency. I used send for family and friends option. They assumed that someone tried to brake into the account. I will never do that again with my new account.

Live and learn - good to avoid the repeat

Play 01-24-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

I used send for family and friends option.
Whilst many may have a different opinion, I never use this option to pay, even if I am paying friends and family. It draws too much attention to your account. Perhaps why I rarely lose PayPal accounts, who knows..

adamwu 01-25-2017 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826228)
Whilst many may have a different opinion, I never use this option to pay, even if I am paying friends and family. It draws too much attention to your account. Perhaps why I rarely lose PayPal accounts, who knows..

Lesson learned.

I will try a different VPN today. If they will be still able to see, I will get the train and go to London for coffee tomorrow morning.

GreenBean 01-25-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826228)

Or maybe because you have common sense.

Still the OP got the rsot boost to do better.

:FF: