eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal not accepting ID after 180 Days hold (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/108451-paypal-not-accepting-id-after-180-days-hold.html)

zamzam 06-26-2017 11:10 AM

PayPal not accepting ID after 180 Days hold

Hello,

Hope someone could shed some light on my headache situation, my paypal account was limited and 180 days passed 2 weeks ago. Since then I have rang several times each time told to upload docs for ID. I have sent in my driving licence and passport which has been rejected.

They keep asking for proof of ID? Even though I have sent everything... what shall I do? Please can someone help??

slokor 06-26-2017 01:57 PM

Re: PayPal not accepting ID after 180 Days hold

Sounds like you already tried everything they asked for and it failed.
Looks like youll be waiting 180 days...
Why was the account limited? how old is the account? is it a real account or stealth?

zamzam 06-26-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 854686)
Sounds like you already tried everything they asked for and it failed.
Why was the account limited? how old is the account? is it a real account or stealth?

Account was stealth, was 3 months old from new. EU receiving limit came and docs failed there verification - account permanently limited...

BaggaDonuts 06-26-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamzam (Post 854719)
Account was stealth, was 3 months old from new. EU receiving limit came and docs failed there verification - account permanently limited...

There is a lesson to be learned here, its in the second sentence at the beginning. Also, you'll be putting this bad boy on the shelf for 6 months to get your money. Unless you get one of those pity emails after 45 days that gets your money out sooner.

Ebayorbust 06-27-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Also, you'll be putting this bad boy on the shelf for 6 months to get your money.
It's been over 180 days since the account was limited. Paypal are requesting photo ID before allowing the funds to be withdrawn. The OP has supplied this but Paypal are not accepting it and continue to hold his money.

Quote:

There is a lesson to be learned here,
There certainly is.

James Brown 06-27-2017 06:35 AM

Since they were not happy with docs and limited account there was no point in sending same docs again after 180 days expired. Ignore the repeated requests for photo id, if you haven't got photo id they cannot force you to provide it - just call and explain you have no photo id and tell them what docs you DO have. Such as a bank statement and possibly a birth certificate. At this point only genuine docs will bring results so take your time and proceed with care....

bored164 06-27-2017 08:36 AM

zamzam,

this has happened to me too. when i rang up after i had submitted the documents, the person who i spoke to said that they checked my documents for verification but they had failed. the person said the only way i can get my monies if i send in documents which will pass the verification database. i.e. genuine documents. which of course i didnt have so had to take a loss on that account. nothing you can do if they want to verify your documents.

zamzam 07-08-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored164 (Post 854804)
zamzam,

this has happened to me too. when i rang up after i had submitted the documents, the person who i spoke to said that they checked my documents for verification but they had failed. the person said the only way i can get my monies if i send in documents which will pass the verification database. i.e. genuine documents. which of course i didnt have so had to take a loss on that account. nothing you can do if they want to verify your documents.

What about if the documents supplied are 100% genuine, yet they still don't accept??

bigboy 08-26-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

zamzam,

is this a new thing? i was under the impression paypal will accept any docs, which they never used to "verify" just have a glance at and approve???

grant75 06-24-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

zamzam,

I know you posted a this a while ago but try filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against paypal if they still haven't given you your money. I've had this issue before and BBB complaint always resolves it. Note: it may take up to 30 days to get a response though.

mmmbop 06-27-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 927021)
I know you posted a this a while ago but try filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against paypal if they still haven't given you your money. I've had this issue before and BBB complaint always resolves it. Note: it may take up to 30 days to get a response though.

Dosent exist in the UK.

We have the Financial Ombudsmen and requires the stealth adddress to be accessible for their correspondence. There are ways around it though.