eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   UK Paypal setup failed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/12137-uk-paypal-setup-failed.html)

crazed_ebayer 07-16-2009 10:41 AM

UK Paypal setup failed

Failed to set up bank account information on my paypal account.
I tried to use false name/address but my bank refused to allow access
I received an email from Paypal saying, ammongst other things

" your bank card could not be added because we were unable to verify your credit card billing address. This is the address where you receive billing statements for this card."

I did not realise that paypal had the right to check where you live , who do they think they are ?....... The scum bags !

So , it seems trying to create a stealth Paypal account is difficult .

The only way i can think of getting arround this is ringing up the bank , getting them to change my registered address to my stealth address.

I feel like i'm in unknown territory , am i missing something ?:rant:

crazed_ebayer 07-16-2009 12:46 PM

There is a add new address option however once i add this address Paypal will have record of my realo details and will be able to link me for sure....
Any ideas ?

crazed_ebayer 07-17-2009 09:09 AM

any comments guys ?

GreenBean 07-17-2009 09:21 AM

Yeah, You made things out of order. Not the best way to make a paypal account. You never use false info with a bank account. Where did you get that idea from? Best thing is to start again with paypal.
Do the vcc first, then make the paypal account in the name to match the vcc name. Get the paypal verified, then make the ebay account to match the paypal name, link the verified paypal and way you go... Any problesm pm me

crazed_ebayer 07-17-2009 04:51 PM

So what you are saying is that it is possible to set up an entropay account with fa.lse details but not a paypal account .
Well, sorry for being such an idiot:confused:

getaroundebay 07-18-2009 02:39 AM

No lol everything must be in your own real details, the only details you change are for ebay and paypal!

crazed_ebayer 07-18-2009 10:55 AM

It's ok , i found another way around this problem ,
Yes again i have come up with my own solution to the problem

crazed_ebayer 07-21-2009 12:24 PM

Hey bean , you did'nt answer the question .

So you say you can create an entropay account under false/stealth details ?

* THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY IN YOUR REPLY ABOVE *

captainjack1980 07-25-2009 03:32 PM

I created my entro pay account with my stealth details.

I use my real debit card with correct details to load funds.

I used to change the address on file with entro to match that of the new stealth paypal account address I was trying to verify everytime. But I don't bother anymore and it still works fine.

CaptainJack x

mantisinc 08-06-2009 02:53 AM

Crazed_ebayer, with such an attitude, don't expect much help from people around here.

kamilm 08-08-2009 04:17 PM

Hello Guys I am a new member, didnt really have a lot of trouble with ebay yet, but still hate them already. I had some good stuff selling and nobody would have noticed that I was selling F***s untill ebay canceled my listing. Then all of a sudden they straight away opened disputes .... Anyway most of them were happy when they received their goods apart from one woman, that was a solictor :-( unlucky me.

Anyway, I have been reading in this Forum about bank accounts opening but I really struggle to open a few bankaccounts which I really need in order to survive.

1. Can someone please tell me how to open a standard bankaccount here in the UK? Which banks are the best? Should I provide my real details to the banks?

2. When having a few bankaccounts do I have to make names and adresses up? Because of the Verification process I am asking?

ANy help would be much appreciated
Thanks

captainjack1980 08-09-2009 05:54 AM

1. You can open as many UK accounts as the various banks will allow.

If you aren't very credit worthy it is best to apply for basic accounts - most banks offer these (although they usually have to be opened by post so can be a tad slow to get going).

If you have a good credit rating the quickest way to get a few bank accounts up and running is just to pop into any of the high street banks with some ID and open a current account there and then. Just don't go mad as all the credit searches will lower your credit score.

I find Abbey good as you can open as many current accounts as you like (subject to credit scoring). Lloyds TSB are to be avoided if your are using a stealth name on your PayPal account.

Savings accounts are now useless for PayPal.

2.You have to use your real details to open bank accounts - your ID will be checked by the bank. There is no easy or legal way to avoid this in the UK... Other than using a bank account in the name of a family member/friend of they are willing.

You can open as many bank accounts as you like in your own name though.

According to many it is fine for the name on your PayPal account to be different from the name on your bank account. PayPal will not have access to this information. Beware though it has been reported by some that Lloyds TSB and Barclays share information like account name with Paypal.

I prefer to keep all my PayPal names similar to my real name so as not to waste bank accounts through rejected electronic funds transfers.

CaptainJack.

kamilm 08-17-2009 04:23 PM

Thanks for your help.

So, I actually opened up a bankaccount with Lloyds TSB and will see what is gonna happen, and before reading your information I was trying to verify that paypal account with my Lloyds TSB with a completely different name, I just risked it. If I knew that before :-( What about the address though when you keep your names similar? Do you keep the same for paypal as on your bankaccount or do you make that one up?

Have another question, what about entropay? I see so many over here veryfying paypal accounts with entropay, I tried this,but entropay doesnt have a sort code, it is not really like a bank? How do you guys verify the paypal account then? It is just a visa, with this you are very limited,isnt it?

Would appreciate any help to this

captainjack1980 08-17-2009 04:38 PM

Address on bank account definately doesn't have to match Paypal - that is for certain.

You may be able to use entropay to verify your address (I haven't done it personally - I do the phone verification).

BUT you have to confirm your bank account before PayPal will let you do this. You will then get the option to link the entropay card to your account. You need to change your entropay account address to match that of your stealth account before you do this though.

CaptainJack

GreenBean 08-17-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamilm (Post 99726)
Thanks for your help.

So, I actually opened up a bankaccount with Lloyds TSB and will see what is gonna happen, and before reading your information I was trying to verify that paypal account with my Lloyds TSB with a completely different name, I just risked it. If I knew that before :-( What about the address though when you keep your names similar? Do you keep the same for paypal as on your bankaccount or do you make that one up?

Have another question, what about entropay? I see so many over here veryfying paypal accounts with entropay, I tried this,but entropay doesnt have a sort code, it is not really like a bank? How do you guys verify the paypal account then? It is just a visa, with this you are very limited,isnt it?

Would appreciate any help to this

It was recommended to AVOID Lloyds.Point is that there are other bank accounts that are sound. entropay works to verifiy the paypal and then you attach a bank account.

Ebayorbust 08-18-2009 01:13 AM

You need three parts to verify and confirm a UK Paypal account. Firstly, a UK bank account. Secondly, a debit card (this is where Entropay comes in) and thirdly a contactable phone number that has an area code matching the address given on the Paypal account.

GreenBean 08-18-2009 01:37 AM

^^^Agreed. I have bank accounts waiting. I establish the debit card then create the paypal account to verification point by attaching card & bank account. Phone number is there as well. I tend to leave the paypals to age for about 8 weeks. A little transaction here, a little transaction there ;) I love paypal
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

ash213 08-18-2009 02:42 AM

I did paypal with my halifax account.... but with flase name etc...hopefully the verification works...

did it sunday so hopefully by thursday the verification should go through right?

How many UK bank accounts do you guys actually have???

Ebayorbust 08-18-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash213 (Post 99832)
I did paypal with my halifax account.... but with flase name etc...hopefully the verification works...

did it sunday so hopefully by thursday the verification should go through right?

How many UK bank accounts do you guys actually have???

Yes, deposits should be there Thursday. Even if this part "works" there is still a small risk that the DD mandate gets rejected. This will happen within another 7-10 days or so if it is going to.

As for accounts, I've only got three myself and my wife has another three. This is enough for me to be getting on with but I may open a few more (back ups for back ups). Unless your credit rating is horrendous, you should be able to open basic bank accounts without too many issues.

luverlyjuberly 08-20-2009 04:01 AM

If the direct debit gets rejected do you get the choice/chance of submitting another account?

paypalpains 12-08-2009 01:33 PM

Never open a bank account with f-a-k-e details, you can goto prison! Paypal is not a bank! There is a difference

bode 01-10-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypalpains (Post 114414)
Never open a bank account with f-a-k-e details, you can goto prison! Paypal is not a bank! There is a difference

:amen: If they were a bank they would have to operate legally and we would have no need for all this discussion!