eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   NEW Paypal assigned to OLD ebay - Payment holds ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/131872-new-paypal-assigned-old-ebay-payment-holds.html)

james_112233 12-06-2019 02:39 PM

NEW Paypal assigned to OLD ebay - Payment holds ?

So I dug up some old threads and followed Slokors / empirestates methods to assign a new paypal to a old ebay with a now suspended paypal. Did everything according t their instructions..

It appears to be working fine. But all payments are being held, not by eBay but Paypal.

The ebay is an old account so these holds are by Paypal.

Any one know how long Paypal holds funds for ? It says they will release payment after 1 day if sent with tracking which I have been doing but so far it isn't being released ? i'm reluctant to call them. With ebay it was a case of going on ebay chat and within minutes funds would be released if the customer had received their item.

phaz0rz 12-06-2019 02:43 PM

Re: NEW Paypal assigned to OLD ebay - Payment holds ?

It's standard on any new Paypal so it's nothing to call them over. The Paypal payment holds usually go away after 3 months, or sometimes sooner if you're a good seller.

Pandoras_box 12-06-2019 02:48 PM

Phaz is right. In short, don't expect any eBay history to crossover to the new PayPal. Think of the implication of that.

james_112233 12-06-2019 02:52 PM

Nervous times.

Would you say this paypal account has the same chance of passing the 2.5k EU limit doc check ? as a NEW Paypal and NEW ebay account would ?

I have fresh stealths started but they won't be established for another 3-5 months so I guess this is a gap filler but it would be great if I could permanently use this old ebay / new paypal combo.

Pandoras_box 12-06-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1053468)
Nervous times.

Would you say this paypal account has the same chance of passing the 2.5k EU limit doc check ? as a NEW Paypal and NEW ebay account would ?

I have fresh stealths started but they won't be established for another 3-5 months so I guess this is a gap filler but it would be great if I could permanently use this old ebay / new paypal combo.

Don't know if it will pass but I had paired a couple of old eBay accounts to new PayPal accounts in the last few years and all are still going strong. Twice was for a friend and no bad news yet.

Only thing is these PayPal accounts already had limits lifted.

I had to balloon the prices on eBay to slow down sales and build history so that the PayPal wouldn't invite scrutiny - and it seemed to work.

JamesNorth101 12-06-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1053468)
Nervous times.

Chances will be slightly lower than usual because there is chance PayPal will see the link to the old PayPal via the eBay

Just have to keep your fingers crossed and see how you get on

Jam918 01-07-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1053462)
So I dug up some old threads and followed Slokors / empirestates methods to assign a new paypal to a old ebay with a now suspended paypal. Did everything according t their instructions..

It appears to be working fine. But all payments are being held, not by eBay but Paypal.

The ebay is an old account so these holds are by Paypal.

Any one know how long Paypal holds funds for ? It says they will release payment after 1 day if sent with tracking which I have been doing but so far it isn't being released ? i'm reluctant to call them. With ebay it was a case of going on ebay chat and within minutes funds would be released if the customer had received their item.

New paypal assigned to old ebay,how is your paypal account now,everything works right?

frustr8ed 05-26-2020 03:07 AM

Bump!

What is the method from Sloker/empirestates (can't seem to find it) and did it work? I am going to give opening a new PP a go but wondering which details to use on the account, i.e. matching the old eBay / PP, or completely new details.

rsot 05-26-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frustr8ed (Post 1095959)
Bump!

What is the method from Sloker/empirestates (can't seem to find it) and did it work? I am going to give opening a new PP a go but wondering which details to use on the account, i.e. matching the old eBay / PP, or completely new details.

Either way, a link will exist but new details are likely better if you choose this route

frustr8ed 05-26-2020 04:05 AM

Will give it a try, thank you.