eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal limited - just need to validate info (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/13328-paypal-limited-just-need-validate-info.html)

djb 09-10-2009 01:29 PM

paypal limited - just need to validate info

hello,

paypal is for some reason not connecting me to the screen to validate information via telephone.. it just keeps asking me to enter new credit card details.... WHY??? all i need to do id validate via phone and I am done?? iam confused... please help

lakeman 09-11-2009 12:17 AM

Is the card on the account expired? More info would be helpful. What did you click for it to ask for a credit card?

djb 09-11-2009 03:11 PM

nothing, that screen comes up straight away when i try to confirm location on paypal.... account is currently limited and all i need to do is confirm location by phone! c/c is fine.. have two c.c's on there... but it just keep asking me to put another c.c. on file???? all very odd!!

Ebayorbust 09-12-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djb (Post 103401)
nothing, that screen comes up straight away when i try to confirm location on paypal.... account is currently limited and all i need to do is confirm location by phone! c/c is fine.. have two c.c's on there... but it just keep asking me to put another c.c. on file???? all very odd!!

Have you linked the credit cards (entered the expuse number)? This is part of the "confirm location" process.

Lyda 09-12-2009 09:08 AM

Try first deleting/removing the old cc info and than add new one - It should work. Keep us posted.

digzz 09-14-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 103482)
Have you linked the credit cards (entered the expuse number)? This is part of the "confirm location" process.

This is a lie :suspicious:....This does not confirm a location....Only Phone or Letter will do this!!!!!!!

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 08:39 AM

It's not a lie. It works just fine. Except when foreigners pretending to be someplace they aren't are detected by the PP system as faking their location. When that happens, they in return will lie about the limitation, the confirmation, and anything else, just to keep people tied up, busy, and out of the way.

digzz 09-14-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 103757)
It's not a lie. It works just fine. Except when foreigners pretending to be someplace they aren't are detected by the PP system as faking their location. When that happens, they in return will lie about the limitation, the confirmation, and anything else, just to keep people tied up, busy, and out of the way.

HOW THE HELL Would you know...Your From the U.S. I Rest my case!!!! Your Not in the U.K.

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 09:01 AM

You are somewhat confused about what I may or may not know, in many ways. I was offering info that you could process in a way that was productive. If you choose to continue not doing so, it's your problem. Go away.

digzz 09-14-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 103765)
You are somewhat confused about what I may or may not know, in many ways. I was offering info that you could process in a way that was productive. If you choose to continue not doing so, it's your problem. Go away.

Well don't try and tell me Something Like it's not a Lie...Because it is....I've tried and tested it...and the person that said it in the first place Ain't said a thing....because i've already questioned him....and He did'nt say a thing!!! And that is :

Ebayorbust

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 09:10 AM

Doesn't mean they lied. What works for some doesn't work for others. Especially if the info you provide to address the issue is not valid. There are other solutions to your dilemma.

EBAYPLAYA 09-14-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyda (Post 103488)
Try first deleting/removing the old cc info and than add new one - It should work. Keep us posted.

Hey Lyda,
After deleting the old one is it ok to use the same credit card to confirm ?
Or Do I need to get a new one ?

EBAYPLAYA 09-14-2009 09:55 AM

I just tried to delete my current CC info. But paypal system won't let me because I have limited access :(

What do I do ?

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 10:03 AM

EBAYPLAYA,

The last time I was in the same situation, I ended up having to call them on the phone. You can't remove one card before you've added another valid card.

If you are trying to add a card that they recently blacklisted, you'll have to obtain another card. If it hasn't been blacklisted, it may not be updated by the issuer to reflect your address yet.

What type of card and when did you input your personal info with the issuer of the card? Example: If you have a Simon card and didn't log on to Simon to put in your info yet, AVS won't match. If you just updated the info, Simon database might still need time to propogate the database. If it was a recent update by you, give it a full 48 hours, just to be sure, before trying it on PP again.

EBAYPLAYA 09-14-2009 10:06 AM

Vicvelcro,
Thanks for the info.
So you think they can solve the problem if I call them ?

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 10:10 AM

Well, that depends. Maybe you can give me some details and I can try to help figure out what advice would be best for you.

I wouldn't call them until the actual card problem is understood.

What card? When did you get it? When did you provide your info to the CARD ISSUER? How long did you wait after registering the card before you put the info on Paypal?

oompaloompa 09-14-2009 10:43 AM

a message to you digsy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by digzz (Post 103756)
This is a lie :suspicious:....This does not confirm a location....Only Phone or Letter will do this!!!!!!!

digzz I know you are banned now - there is some confusing info, and I can see where youve got confused, your problem was you couldnt give your chavvy mouth a rest..

the vcc expuse is part of initial verification process BUT to lift limits after youve done vcc and bank etc, you go for either address or phone location verification. Now you had a problem with ringcentral, Ive not used them, all I know is that when I used tamar for example I didnt pay anything until Id seen what number they were offering me. As for a free trial, waste of time, already explained all this on another thread, those arent fresh numbers they are just recycled freebies..

I saw your other thread and couldnt respond as it was closed, due to your aint this and aint that, if you rejoin under another guise, curb your temper on this forum, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar...

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 10:51 AM

Well, oompa, digzz already used the cc to confirm the cc, so that's why it failed for confirming location. When you get the long list from PP, each item can only be used for one thing.

Example: I can't use my VISA ending in 0000 to confirm cc AND location. I could use 0000 to confirm CC then another card (which I have already on file) like say my MC ending in 9999 to confirm location.

Some people just don't pay attention to what they read. He skimmed the info the PP wanted and didn't see the part that says you can't use ONE ITEM for TWO DIFFERENT PURPOSES.

Duh!

Actually, the misunderstanding is probably a combination of being hotheaded, impatient, not enough brains to support anything beyond minimal life support, and misrepresented location.

Digzz wan't really IN the UK. Was using VPN to appear in UK. Native language was not the Queen's English or Yankee English even. So this person who believed the entire world is here to serve their every whim was getting upset for being balked, didn't understand half of what was read, and didn't read half of what was said. Just fluent enough to be abusive.

Mystery solved.

oompaloompa 09-14-2009 10:55 AM

sorry, are you saying you can confirm location with a cc, in UK? I did not know that, seriously???

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 10:58 AM

It was my understanding that digzz was using a US PP. But I base that assumption on info provided by digzz to me a while ago in PM. Perhaps digzz got a new PP from UK and I am wrong to assume.

oompaloompa 09-14-2009 11:08 AM

so in US you can confirm location with just a card? gosh, thats a big big loophole, you can still do that in some European sites, I know that cos Ive done so in the past..but I thought the US sites were more sophisticated or at least the same as the UK one....

I think I will just doublecheck with GB about this because if this is something Ive missed in terms of the UK, I will slap myself in the face personally.....hard

oompaloompa 09-14-2009 11:12 AM

why cant i see u Vic? are u a mod now???