eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal 180 days permanent limitation - Going to court for big sum of money advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/140174-paypal-180-days-permanent-limitation-going-court-big-sum-money-advice.html)

UKbasic 11-17-2020 08:48 AM

Paypal 180 days permanent limitation - Going to court for big sum of money advice

Hello everybody,

I am new here and need some help and general advice regarding the situation I am currently in.

Paypal has recently placed a permanent limitation on my account which had £19,000 in it (I know I should of withdrawn it). After, ringing them several times and them not giving definite answers; and emailing them multiple times with no response, I am at a wits end. It is not a stealth account but, one in my full name (I have never used a stealth account). I have heard horror stories and accounts on here stating that PayPal took the money they had due to AUP damages. My email states that I have broken the AUP so, I am stressed out about this. I pray the same does not happen to myself or anybody else so, I was wondering about taking them to court. They have not even stated how I broke AUP or given any reasons.

As this is over £10,000; it would not be a small claim but, would be a fast track claim. Has anybody in the UK done this before for an amount of £10,000? I have already calculated the cost of the claim which will be around £800-£900 (which, a friend has said he would borrow me it and I can pay him back after I win the money hopefully, if not we would work something out which, I am eternally grateful for) but, I do not know if PayPal will fight in court over this which, stresses me out greatly. Due to the amount of money needed which, I would need to fight my case in court (solicitor etc). Also, I am in desperate need of the money now due to job loss in the pandemic and money being tight. I literally cannot afford to wait 6 months for my money.

So, general questions:

Do PayPal go to court?

Is the fast track claim similar to a small court claim in terms of time process? I heard a small claim takes 14 days to issue legal action and the defendant must reply in 14 days? Everywhere I look online for fast track claim does not state that.

Has anybody taken paypal to court successfully and can give me a step by step process of the forms etc (You can send a PM with details if it is too private. I would be eternally grateful and appreciative).

Thank you for reading this and taking the time out of your day to do so.

UKbasic

Twisty 11-17-2020 09:48 AM

Re: Paypal 180 days permanent limitation - Going to court for big sum of money advice

If the account isn't stealth and you weren't selling questionable goods then go speak to a solicitor.

UKbasic 11-17-2020 10:19 AM

Re: Paypal 180 days permanent limitation - Going to court for big sum of money advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisty (Post 1125349)
If the account isn't stealth and you weren't selling questionable goods then go speak to a solicitor.

Yes to both questions. The account is in my name. And I was not selling questionable goods.

Do you know any solicitors/firms who have taken on cases like this?

johnniedoehe 11-17-2020 01:29 PM

never leave that much in your paypal! only keep the amount you need for fees and potential refunds!

agent006140 11-17-2020 11:17 PM

what did you sell?
AUP violation,you dont get your money back after 180 days

james_112233 11-18-2020 12:12 AM

Sorry to hear this news.

You are definitely in the right place and correct. Lots of people are being stung by this AUP clause and having their funds taken.

What category were you selling in ?

In regards to small claims ... It won't be finished in 6 months. No chance. The pandemic has put a heavy backlog on all cases.

I would definitely borrow your friends money and get the ball rolling with a solicitor before PayPal withdraw that fund near the end of the 180 days. The pressure of small claims may unlock your account.

But that's not a guarantee. Just a desperate attempt before 19k potentially dissapears.

Good luck and keep us posted.

UKbasic 11-18-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1125483)
Sorry to hear this news.

You are definitely in the right place and correct. Lots of people are being stung by this AUP clause and having their funds taken.

What category were you selling in ?

In regards to small claims ... It won't be finished in 6 months. No chance. The pandemic has put a heavy backlog on all cases.

I would definitely borrow your friends money and get the ball rolling with a solicitor before PayPal withdraw that fund near the end of the 180 days. The pressure of small claims may unlock your account.

But that's not a guarantee. Just a desperate attempt before 19k potentially disappears.

Good luck and keep us posted.

The category I was selling in was clothing. Mainly vintage clothing. They were authentic, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Are people in the UK being stung by the AUP clause or is it strictly in the US?

Have you or do you know anybody who is on this forum who has taken PayPal to court or put in a small claim/fast track claim towards them that lives in the UK? For example, a member here that I could PM for more information or someone I could email for advice.

I have read accounts of PayPal not responding and not wanting to go to court so, I was hoping that would occur so, the money would be released that way.

agent006140 11-18-2020 08:16 AM

clothing is not AUP violation,19,000 GBP from selling clothes?

UKbasic 11-18-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1125547)
clothing is not AUP violation,19,000 GBP from selling clothes?

I have emailed them and they have not responded back or told me how I violated the AUP.

I have been selling clothing for 5 years on the side when doing my University studies. I just did not make this amount in 1 year.

Do you know any other email adresses apart from pperlce or executive that I could contact Paypal on?

agent006140 11-18-2020 08:59 AM

paypal has its own seller forum,try to see if you see some Paypal rep emails,but I doubt they can expedite your case.

agent006140 11-18-2020 09:00 AM

Paypal AUP violation list can be viewed on its site.

defwax7 11-18-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

The category I was selling in was clothing. Mainly vintage clothing. They were authentic, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Mayby customer/competitor reporting, copyright/trademark. seen this before.

UKbasic 11-19-2020 11:00 AM

Does anybody know any law firms that would take this on? I am currently being quoted figures which are quite high.

agent006140 11-19-2020 11:27 AM

did you go thru Paypal AUP policy.
-involves sales of products and services identified by govt agencies to have a high likelihood being fraudulent.
-infringe.violate trademarks ,copyrights
-stolen goods
-selling certain items before seller has possession of the items
is the $10k from recent sales,or you just leave past sales proceeds in your account

agent006140 11-19-2020 11:33 AM

BRAND name manufacturers could have bought your clothing and decide they are not authentic and report to Paypal,what brands are you selling.
if this is the case,you are wasting your time hiring a lawyer,

UKbasic 11-20-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1125850)
did you go thru Paypal AUP policy.
-involves sales of products and services identified by govt agencies to have a high likelihood being fraudulent.
-infringe.violate trademarks ,copyrights
-stolen goods
-selling certain items before seller has possession of the items
is the $10k from recent sales,or you just leave past sales proceeds in your account

My items are not stolen.

I have not infringed on any trademarks or copyrights.

The money is from five year sales. I leave the money in my business account. Over the past year business has been awful and I have only sold a few items.

I send my items after the seller has paid. My items are clothing. I provide a tracking number and everything.

I do not think any brand name manufacturers have bought my clothing as it is usually an individual person buying a vintage cap or shirt.

I have just go off the phone to customer support and they have been no help again. So, I have been talking to solicitors. First, thing they state is that they will have to send a letter threatening court action so, I will probably go down this route.

Bigblackdog 11-20-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKbasic (Post 1126015)
My items are not stolen.

I have not infringed on any trademarks or copyrights.

The money is from five year sales. I leave the money in my business account. Over the past year business has been awful and I have only sold a few items.

I send my items after the seller has paid. My items are clothing. I provide a tracking number and everything.

I do not think any brand name manufacturers have bought my clothing as it is usually an individual person buying a vintage cap or shirt.

I have just go off the phone to customer support and they have been no help again. So, I have been talking to solicitors. First, thing they state is that they will have to send a letter threatening court action so, I will probably go down this route.

There is some anecdotal evidence, nothing more than that, that Paypal does not like going to court

Because of the consumer watchdog programmes on TV and radio they duck and dive to get fom under

The fact that they will not tell you what you are supposed to have done is a denial of natural justice and may well leave Paypal open to substantial damages claims

If what you have told us here is factually correct then it may well be worth your while shooting an email off to the Watchdog programme on the BBC

Be aware - if they take it on - and they may well - everything has to be legit from your side - everything

I would do this before legal action but a solicitors letter threatening legal action would not hurt your case

No one here can offer you legal advice - you need a good solicitor for that - but the consumer champions may well want to take Paypal on

:ranger:

DENDEN76 11-20-2020 07:51 AM

Have you tried reporting them on the Better Business Bureau?

Have heard some stories of funds being released through them

Bigblackdog 11-20-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1126022)
Have you tried reporting them on the Better Business Bureau?

Have heard some stories of funds being released through them

It is not a UK institution

:ranger:

agent006140 11-20-2020 08:13 AM

he money is from five year sales. I leave the money in my business account. Over the past year business has been awful and I have only sold a few items.
-------------
may I ask why you leave so much $$ in your Paypal account for so long?
Are you really in UK?
There is a case years ago of an Irish lady who travelled to London frequently and have a UK bank account .
One day she was asked t o provide UK driver license which she does not have,

bugmyday 12-06-2020 12:01 PM

go for it, your case looks good worth a shot. keep us updated

agent006140 12-06-2020 12:49 PM

professionals have a way of milking a case,not just lawyers but accountants and doctors as well.
One cardiologist told me he is always looking at his appointment book and counting the money