eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   IMPORTANT; new changes to uk paypal verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/14820-important-new-changes-uk-paypal-verification.html)

dburnside 11-18-2009 03:02 PM

IMPORTANT; new changes to uk paypal verification

I have never heard of this before;

i have to validate phone number which i did successfully

however

paypal said this was unsuccessful as the number did not match phone number located in public records so they are sending a letter with a code

SINCE WHEN DID PAYPAL CHECK DATABASES LINKING PHONE NUMBERS TO ADDRSSES?

oompaloompa 11-18-2009 03:30 PM

this has been going on for a while.......dont know what their databases consist of but make sure you get coding and first few digits spot on....

dburnside 11-18-2009 03:48 PM

yea i used the correct codes for the address

looks like another paypal down the drain lol thats 2 in a month because of their stupid phone verification

what would happen if i just made incorrect postal codes and say ive moved address?

oompaloompa 11-18-2009 03:56 PM

yes Ive heard people say theyve tried that before, dont know outcome, worth a try to save account, make an accessible address in future, even if its a jumbled version of a real accessible one, a letter may get there ( with a few angry postmaster biro scribbles on it!)

dburnside 11-19-2009 07:35 PM

found this on another site

How do I verify my postal address?

1. Ensure you are signed in, then click on Account in the main navigation bar;
2. Click on Verification;
3. To the right of the Postal Address area, click on Send me a verification code in the mail;
4. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your verification letter to arrive;
5. After you have received the verification letter, return to the Verification page;
6. Enter the 6 digit numerical code included in the letter and click Submit.

You can update your address as often as required. However, your address can only be verified once every 2 months.

If you do not receive a verification letter after 6 weeks, you may request a new one. However, there is a maximum of two verification letter requests per address.

so i might be able to change address and get another letter sent

itsmeagain 11-20-2009 06:45 AM

postal verification

Don't hold your breath on the letter arriving, spoke to paypal today and they say the letter comes from America and can take two weeks but sometimes doesn't arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebayorbust 11-20-2009 11:38 AM

There is absolutely nothing new with regards to Paypal's phone verification system.

I confirmed a stealth account very recently and there was no problem at all.

The phone number you used was probably not specific enough to the area. Were you using a city code?? eg London, Birmingham etc If so, the 0208,0207 or 0151 is not specific enough. In this instance the next two or three digits also need to match.

The best advice is to set up stealth accounts in areas where you have a five digit area code, followed by six numbers. Most folk seem to run into problems when they try to verify four digit area codes from major cities.

Are you defo using a call forwarding service eg Ring Central or are you trying to use voip??

dburnside 11-21-2009 02:40 PM

i confirmed another account no probs, must be the first digits after the area code is where the prob lies

anyone more to the point i cant get the letter should i enter a wrong code and see what happens or should i change address and see if they send a new letter, this time to address i can access

oompaloompa 11-22-2009 12:07 PM

it often takes over 3 weeks for letter.

....yes it is the numbers after the code, you need a fairly precise number match.....

call them, say your number didnt work AND youve moved, see if they will send a code to a different number, but before you do it, enter another address thats accessible in case the number goes wrong or they say they wont do it and a letter needs to go out...

I dont know if they will buy it, but people move all the time, or say it was your work address and number, and you left the job so you need to get it to your home address.

boondoggle 11-23-2009 02:34 AM

You can just keep emailing them saying the letter hasnt arrived and asking for a new one to be sent, eventually they will ask for a utility bill which is easily done, even if your Stealth address is 10 Downing Street.

oompaloompa 11-23-2009 06:11 AM

^ doubt if that one-eyed Scot has an ebay account, I know Cherie did...

Exactly as boon said, there are ways round it, just make it sound believable....

Given a letter takes 3 weeks or more, personally I think it would take too long and too risky to email them saying didnt receive, theyll send another letter to same address at least once more I assume, but if youve got the time to wait, then its a possibility.....

dburnside 11-26-2009 05:43 PM

so should i try a random code and see what happens or email about a replacment letter? im think of also changing address on it and i will then be able to get letter

adam30 12-01-2009 11:06 AM

Im in the process of opening a stealth account, i have checked a few local number firms and i can get my area code no problem but the first few digits are way off..
e.g 453 and instead i find 680

am i stuffed before i have started?

adam

captainjack1980 12-01-2009 11:41 AM

You should be fine as long as you have the correct area code. As EbayorBust said above the issue seems to be with the big city codes.

CaptainJack

adam30 12-01-2009 05:46 PM

ok thank you, i missed that bit.

NZT 12-02-2009 05:34 AM

Dont worry if the phone number does not work, you can always receive the letter.

NZT 12-03-2009 11:56 AM

Also a lot of the voip numbers have changed over the past couple of months meaning that getting a Voip number close to a landline number is a lot harder.

paypalpains 12-08-2009 01:00 PM

am in the process of opening my new paypal account, and have signed up for an 0845 number to redirect to my home phone.

Thought it would be a good idea, however after reading this post seems to suggest that it wont work.

Has anyone else tried using a national 0845 business number ? Has it worked for you?

Regards

NZT 12-09-2009 10:59 AM

Yes the 0845 will work. However you may find that "touch tone" is disabled. IE. when it says press 1, when you press 1 nothing happens.

The way round this is to use a mobile. Put the mobile to the phone and press 1.

Each tone pitch is different and it will recognize it.

Phone verification might still fail though, so be prepared for a letter in 20 days.

paypalpains 12-11-2009 06:38 AM

0845 doesnt work, when i tried it , a message came up saying it cannot be a mobile phone:S dont where they got that from, however probably just to bar the number. Am going to have try another way