eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Adding bank account to paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/15155-adding-bank-account-paypal.html)

crazed_ebayer 12-11-2009 05:12 AM

Adding bank account to paypal

If i added a bank account to paypal but did not send the two small deposits can i still use the bank account to withdraw funds from paypal ?
The reason i ask because i believe sending gthe deposits is for dd setup and not for withdrawal purposes ...
am i correct ?

GreenBean 12-11-2009 05:22 AM

Where has this come from? paypal make the deposits, not you. The 2 deposits have to go to a bank account to make everything work: otherwise no funds will move into the account :ranger:

NZT 12-11-2009 05:49 AM

Green is right Crazed. What reason would you have for not wanting to do this? Could it be that you are worried about Paypal withdrawing money at any time as they see fit?

My advise would be to confirm the bank account and send the deposits. If you have any concerns that paypal could take money. IE if your balance falls into negative then you can ring your bank and ask them to CANCEL DIRECT DEBITS for PAYPAL.

Now you will STILL be able to withdraw money from Paypal to your bank account but PAYPAL will not be able to get money from your bank to THEM.

The only problem is that if you then wish to use this bank account to fund Paypal for example you buy something then the chance is that this will fail.

captainjack1980 12-11-2009 08:22 AM

You can add the bank account without confirming it but you will remain unverified and your limits will not be lifted.

And yes you can withdraw up to your limit BUT from my own and others experience you are more lilkely to get a limitation if you do not fully verify your account before receiving funds.

CaptainJack

NZT 12-11-2009 10:35 AM

I agree with Capn Jack. There is no reason NOT to verify a bank account and if you cut corners then you are asking for problems.

crazed_ebayer 12-11-2009 10:22 PM

well obviously i do have a reason . or else i would'nt or asked in the first place.
It just so happens that the bank i am with do not accept dd instructions , they will accept them in january/feb but not at the moment.
So, if i can add the bank account and still withdraw from the paypal account over the next 2-3 months upto my £1700 limit then this would work out ok .
As soon as my withdrawal limit is reached i will just wait untill the bank accepts dd intructions and then become fully verified.
So, i do have reason , and if i can withdraw without being fully verified then this would be a great little account over christmas and the new year.
----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

Someone mentioned that i was scared about paypal taking funds out of my bank .
Well yes , i am a bit concerned , because this is exactly what paypal are well known for .
If i did'nt have to verify i would'nt .
Verification is just a way for paypal to gain more control and steal fees and stuff out of your bank accounts.
I hate this, and if i could, i would'nt verify.
But of course, it is safer and more hastle free to verify , so if i could i would .

GreenBean 12-11-2009 11:06 PM

You should have a verified paypal account to sell on ebay uk in any case.

You can pay your ebay fees differently. :ranger:

You are running into problems IF you use an unverified paypal account. You must expect to have limitations. What's the point of asking if you (as always) have already decided what you are going to do? :pout:

NZT 12-12-2009 04:56 AM

sorry, this thread is pointless

NZT 12-12-2009 05:03 AM

Maybe you should try making your posts clear from the outset so that when people try to help you you dont get all narky because you have not told the whole story.

If you talk in riddles, how can you expect to be satisfied with responses.

TIP: Think about posts, then write them clear, so people can help you out.

oompaloompa 12-12-2009 06:06 AM

^^CE has previous....

crazed_ebayer 12-13-2009 12:01 AM

i am in this situation because the bank does not accept direct debit payments yet , however they will be seting up this facility for customers in the new year.
So , i can either fuk the account off or try to make some use out of it.
I prefer the latter.
All i wanted to know was can i withdraw funds from paypal to a bank account even if the bank account has not been fully verified .
And it seems by the responses in this thread that YES you can BUT your account is more at risk to limitations.
Ok, well if this is the case then thanks for the comments , i found my answer.

NZT 12-13-2009 08:56 AM

whew, I am very happy that our responses satisfied you.

captainjack1980 12-13-2009 08:57 AM

may I ask what bank you are using?

CaptainJack

dburnside 12-23-2009 06:09 AM

why dont you just open another bank account that is proven to work for paypal

cpm 08-01-2011 09:56 AM

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I want to know too.

I've got a fully Verified PP account with no bank account in it. Now having added a bank account (which does not support DD), am I still required to necessarily verify it by sending deposits?

So the account looks Verified but the new bank is Unverified.

What are my withdrawal limits from PP to bank account in such cases?

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-02-2011 12:34 AM

^ I have been doing this since feb - no problems yet, thats yet!

In such case, you will have no limits if you account already had no limits, or you will get the 1900 limit.

BiN4RY 08-02-2011 01:30 AM

If your account is unverified, you can withdraw up to the limit that Paypal gives you each month without confirming the bank account. If it is verified, there is no limit.