eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   How to Open Basic Bank Account??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/15255-how-open-basic-bank-account.html)

no!!! 12-16-2009 05:08 PM

How to Open Basic Bank Account???

Hi iam new and wondering about opening a new bank account for my stealth paypal account.

So i go to any bank and i ask to open a basic bankk account right???

When they ask me if i have any bank accounts or cedit cards, do i just lie or tell them the truth? As iam guessing they can check it out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

GreenBean 12-16-2009 05:27 PM

No! No! No! (Been waiting to say that since I saw your user name;))

Welcome to the forum anyhoo :cheer:

A basic bank account will not always work. You need to have a current account. These allow the Direct Debit mandate for paypal purposes. You can say you are getting another account for business purposes: why lie? :ranger:

captainjack1980 12-16-2009 05:30 PM

A basic bank account is a current account GB. It has full DD facilities it just doesn't offer frills like an overdraft.

I recommend Natwest (or RBS or Ulster - they are all part of the same group). You want the STEP account - apply online or in branch.

Abbey are also good for stealth.

Just tell them you aren't happy with the service at your current provider, or if you apply online you don't have to tell them anything.

CaptainJack

captainjack1980 12-16-2009 05:35 PM

P.S. what credit cards you may hold are irrelevant to your application.

GreenBean 12-16-2009 05:40 PM

Slaps self. Yeah, next.... note I did say may not work...:cheer:

It's 105F here. Me team just won a scrappy match of football. Think I'll go rest. Watch the place, Captain :peace:

captainjack1980 12-16-2009 05:46 PM

Take it easy :)

It's dark and cold and wet here.

Don't worry I'll soon run things into the ground for you.

CaptainJack.

no!!! 12-16-2009 06:49 PM

Hi thanks for everyone for getting back to me :clap:

I currently already have Natwest current account, and a basic HSBC account.

So will they ask me to cancel my existing accounts before they allow me to open a basic account with them?

I mean when they ask me why basic account and not current account? I cant really say err for a stealth account :doh:

Probably give Abbey a try tomorow.

PS Yep user name is the 1st reaction i get when i log in and get the suspended or limited account message, No! No! No! :doh:

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 03:55 AM

No they won't.... If you have online banking with Natwest you can apply for the STEP account online after you log in and you will be able to manage both accounts in the same place.
I am with Natwest and I have a full current account and a STEP account. I also have accounts with RBS and Ulster.

If credit rating isn't a problem you may as well just apply for a full current account. Or if you are set on a basic account you just say you get declined for full current accounts because of your credit rating. If your that worried about what they are going to say then apply online.....

CaptainJack

no!!! 12-17-2009 04:06 AM

At the Mo with Natwest i have a Current account, savings account ( Both been banned ) My Wife has a current account, which is also currently banned.

We went last week and opened a savings account for my wife, and a current joint account & savings joint account. Tried setting up Paypal with 2 of these accounts and instantly accounts got limited ( This was before i stumbled across this forumn )

Think later i might go to Natwest and probably make some story up about the new account details been leaked on internet or somthing similar and am concerned about the security of the new accounts hopefully they can issue a new account number.

So with all these accounts i can still open a Step account?

Thanks

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 04:13 AM

With all that lot you might want to give Natwest a rest lol..... but yes you should still be able to open a STEP account... If you do it in person tell them it is to help you manage your money. Personally I would do it online!

CaptainJack

no!!! 12-19-2009 08:29 AM

Went to Abbey, they managed to open me current accounts, so i opened 3 current accounts.

Wanted to open a savings account but Abbeys Savings account dont allow direct debits.

So i was wondering because they opened me current accounts does that mean i can add a basic account later on?

captainjack1980 12-19-2009 08:39 AM

Abbey are quite lenient with how many accounts you can have (I have had a max of 7 so far) so you should be good for more accounts in the future...

CaptainJack.

no!!! 12-19-2009 08:48 AM

Hi, i got a current account for myself, one for my wife & a joint account.

What other options have i got for more accounts?

captainjack1980 12-19-2009 08:53 AM

I just apply.... Computer either says yes or no :)

CaptainJack

no!!! 12-19-2009 08:55 AM

So you can have multiple current accounts at the same bank?

Do they not ask you what its for?

captainjack1980 12-19-2009 08:59 AM

Not if you apply online.

If you do it in bank you can tell em it is to use with Ebay/Paypal or to help you manage your finances (a bill payment account for example).

Either way your info goes into the computer and it says yes or no.....

CaptainJack

dburnside 12-23-2009 06:07 AM

i would also recommend alliance leicester which are part of abbey group, i have had 5 accounts opened with them in last year only need id to open basic account

no!!! 12-28-2009 05:55 PM

I already have a Natwest Current & Saver accounts and use online banking, can i apply for a Step account with Natwest or do i need to go in?

i logged into my natwest Online but cant seem to find how i can open a step account.

oompaloompa 12-28-2009 06:25 PM

try cooperative or any online bank, can open multiple accounts normally, hsbc green account lets you do that too, online..