eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Could you please help me for Paypal dispute (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/15482-could-you-please-help-me-paypal-dispute.html)

citypark 12-29-2009 03:43 AM

Could you please help me for Paypal dispute

I have a problem with buyer. I sold 7 book sets to him. 1 book set is comprised of 4 paperback books.

I posted him those 7 book sets. However, He first filed the dispute that he has never received the item. So I responded with tracking number which is shown that it has been delivered. A few days later paypal closed the dispute in my favour. Now he escalates the dispute saying "The item is Significantly Not as Described" which is obviously a scam. I should realise at the beginning when he bought so many book sets from me.

Now paypal asked me to respond to the dispute otherwise they will refund the money to buyer in 10 days.

When I go to paypal dispute, there is only a box for me to fill the information as "seller explanation". Could you please tell me what I should write down in this box. I cannot lose because it's a lot of money. This buyer is obviously a scammer. He never contacted me to solve the problem before open dispute. He never responded to my email too.

Is it good to do like this.
I am thinking to take a pictures of books I have right now (which is the same set as what I posted to him) with a paper written my ebay username and my stealth name on. and ask paypal to go the item link to see the description. and insist that they are as described.

I am so upset now. Please anyone help. Thank you

oompaloompa 12-29-2009 11:05 AM

I know, it is upsetting - you put in tracking , so he changed type of dispute but unfortunately there isnt much you can do , other than refund and return...

it depends on what the buyer is saying is the reason for SND, as to what you put in message...if you have pictures that would help. Get back to us on that..

In any case put your case to paypal and also make certain they know you will not give refund unless returned first....however you may find that you will have to pay refund postage both ways to buyer, if pp believes them, be prepared to lose out, such is nature of buyer power on pp....therefore on certain items it may cost you less to come to an agreement with buyer eg. let them keep item for partial refund eg 25% off, you could make that an option too - a compromise, where you at least break even instead of lose money on this.

citypark 12-29-2009 01:52 PM

I have request for the item to be returned first. Then I will give him refund. I have asked a few people and they said this option is the best option to do because paypal is always on buyer's side. I will sort it out later if I find out he sends me a brick as a return :(

splatman 01-13-2010 08:19 AM

I believe there is people making a small living from buying things of ebay sellers then either saying its not arrived or its not as described.
Also there are just so many plonkers out there you can't please them all and have to take it on the chin. Anyone that tries it with me i keep an eye out for them selling something and exact revenge.

bode 01-14-2010 05:53 PM

I deal with scammers directly and firmly. Ignore the eBay and Paypal crap, I send them a legal letter.

Basically it's a declaration of non receipt warning them that obtaining goods by deception and credit card fraud (via Paypal) is a criminal offence. Royal Mail are aware of fraudulent disputes and record the addresses of non-receipt claimants, hold them on file and will prosecute.

I find that it's a very successful method of getting disputes closed fast.

If he hasn't paid you, send him an invoice with your letterhead. If he doesn't pay, get your money via moneyclaim.gov.org or pass the debt to a collection agency.

charlesb 01-20-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bode (Post 119530)
I deal with scammers directly and firmly. Ignore the eBay and Paypal crap, I send them a legal letter.

Basically it's a declaration of non receipt warning them that obtaining goods by deception and credit card fraud (via Paypal) is a criminal offence. Royal Mail are aware of fraudulent disputes and record the addresses of non-receipt claimants, hold them on file and will prosecute.

I find that it's a very successful method of getting disputes closed fast.

If he hasn't paid you, send him an invoice with your letterhead. If he doesn't pay, get your money via moneyclaim.gov.org or pass the debt to a collection agency.

anychance of a copy of this legal letter! sounds like a good idea to scare of the 'chancers'

kingfish900 01-21-2010 02:55 AM

refund upon recieving your returned item is the best option. just make sure you wait till getting your items back and make sure everything is there and untampered.

bode 01-28-2010 04:21 PM

ebay item
Item Number 2307858043853

Dear Miss Scammer,

**ebay ID** would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the non delivery of your item. Items rarely go missing when posted via Royal Mail and most cases are down to providing incomplete or incorrect addresses, or your item may be sitting unclaimed at your delivery office.

Delayed items usually arrive a few days later and non-deliverable items are returned to the sender on the 16th day after posting. Royal Mail considers items "lost in post" 15 working days after the due delivery date.

**ebay ID** is happy to provide posting dates when requested, as Proof of Posting is retained for all items and kept on record.

**ebay ID** would be grateful if you could take the following steps before signing this declaration for non-receipt of goods.

Are your address details on PayPal correct?
Has your item been left in a garage?
Has your item been left with a neighbour or work colleague?
Has the postman left a card stating reasons for non-delivery?
Have you spoken to your delivery office to see if there has been a problem with deliveries in your area?
If relevant, are Customs holding your item?

If you have paid using PayPal, all items are sent to the registered address on PayPal.

Royal Mail takes the loss and possible theft of parcels extremely seriously and investigates all lost parcels. All claims of non delivery will be fully investigated.

By completing this declaration you are agreeing that your claim information may be forwarded to Royal Mail to assist in their investigations into the theft of your parcel. Royal Mail may also contact you separately so that you may help with their investigations.

If this transaction is under dispute in PayPal, a new invoice will be issued to recover any lost funds incurred by **ebay ID**

We would like to advise that due to the unfortunate increase in PayPal buying fraud; non-receipt disputes through PayPal which have been opened due to false claims, claims not closed despite receipt of goods; for reasons of buyer’s remorse or “no longer needed” will be considered attempted fraud and appropriate legal action will be taken to recover losses.

CONTINUED

Declaration of non receipt of goods.

The following **ebay item** posted on the ________________ from *** High St. Post Office, YOUR TOWN AB1 1AA:

eBay Item number: ________________________________

Date of Purchase: _____________________________

Has NOT BEEN DELIVERED to the address stated below

Paypal account holder:

Registered Paypal address:

By providing this information, I am happy to co-operate with Royal Mail, the Police, Credit Card Company or Bank in any investigation that may follow.

Print name:

Signed:

Date:

We would like to point out, that Royal Mail are fully aware of fraudulent non-delivery claims by eBay buyers and record the addresses of non delivery claims on a database. Obtaining goods by deception and credit card fraud is a criminal offence under United Kingdom law and offenders are likely to face prosecution.

Please return this declaration within 7 days. If you choose not to sign and return this declaration, I understand that **ebay ID** will inform the parties involved of your decision during the claim process. Please allow 28 days for delivery in line with UK consumer law.

Once again, we would like apologise for the inconvenience and hope that your item turns up soon.

Yours faithfully,

your name
**ebay ID**