\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Advice for creating new UK Paypal account :( (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/15763-advice-creating-new-uk-paypal-account.html)

ringer69 01-11-2010 05:09 PM

Advice for creating new UK Paypal account :(

Hi everyone,
Ive been a member here for a while but havent needed to ask any questions - until now!!!

Ive been riding my luck for a couple of years - Ive lost many Ebay accounts through suspension over the years, but like a lazy fool Ive always stuck with the same Paypal account. Id been getting away with it for so long that I stopped worrying about it. At last my sordid past has come back to haunt me!!!!

Anyway, at last Paypal has suspended my account because its linked to other suspended ebay accounts, plus my ebay account has been taken out.

I understand how to set up both new Ebay and Paypal accounts, however Im a bit worried about the Paypal account.

These days I sell high end priced goods, all completely legit, however the prices range from £300 to £800 a piece - I turn over around £3000 a week.

Im really worried that as soon as I verify the Paypal account and start selling again the account will keep getting limited due to high risk (new account + big turnover = High Risk for Paypal).

Has anyone any advice?
I need to get selling pretty quick so I havent the time to be leaving the Paypal account to age, or to be taking it slowly with sales.

Ive been thinking, as soon as I verify my Paypal account Im likely to get limited on possibly the first big sale. If I then follow the whole procedure of sending in invoices, supplier details, tracking numbers etc etc do you believe that that will clear the way for me to start selling big again without any more limitations from them? Or am I likely to be hit with the same limit the following week?

Last time I set up a new selling Paypal account was in 2006 and the limitation process was pretty simple - verify the account, sell until you hit £4000 and get limited, verify again with invoices, tracking numbers etc, and then go for gold.

From what I can gather from reading here is that its a bit trickier.

Id be extremely grateful of any advice here.

Thanks
ringer69

GreenBean 01-11-2010 05:52 PM

Doing that volume you are going to be limited several times. Then you are going to get the parting of the ways letter. Products are high risk even being legit.
Might suggest you think of making several accounts and spread the goodies over them. Putting all on one is not what I would suggest.

Each ebay/paypal needs matching info. Have a think about this approach.

captainjack1980 01-11-2010 05:57 PM

You can't rush things either :)

The key to being stealth is taking your time, thinking things through (as GB points out) and building things up slowly (it takes at least 1 month of small scale selling and feedback building to get an account to the point where you can start putting volume sales through it).

And you will definately need to spread those sales out across multiple accounts!

CaptainJack

ringer69 01-11-2010 06:02 PM

Hi GreenBean and Captain,
Thanks for the quick responses.

Do you believe that if I reduced my selling and aimed to sell 2 or 3 items a week, at around £300 to £400 each, would be less of a strain on the account?
I sell wind turbines - dont know if this is classed as a high risk item, or is any expensive item seen as high risk by Paypal??

I have all the paperwork and details needed to keep Paypal happy.

What do you all think?

captainjack1980 01-11-2010 06:27 PM

That sounds reasonable if the account is made correctly. If you can supply all the paperwork you should be fine - you should plan for a limitation at some point!

High risk isn't just about price no - it is also related to category and specific items/brands so you should be OK there.

Captainjack

ringer69 01-11-2010 06:37 PM

Thank you Captainjack - hopefully I will sleep better tonight now!!

I used to be a bit naughty on Ebay a few years ago and got my self into a bit of bother with it.
However, now Ive found a nice legit niche that Im really interested in and Im trying to stick to the straight and narrow with it.
Again, thanks GB and Captainjack, and any advice off anybody else would be great aswell.
Thanks
ringer69

GreenBean 01-11-2010 07:05 PM

^^^This is doable since you appear to have basic ideas. I'd be thinking of having a premier or business account with paypal