eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Need to find a bank account for my UK Paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/16053-need-find-bank-account-my-uk-paypal-account.html)

ihatescams 01-22-2010 04:49 PM

Need to find a bank account for my UK Paypal account

Banks keep declining to give me even the most basic current account because i have a bad credit rating so i am having great problems in obtaining one for my Paypal account.
I really want to use paypal to sell because without it my sales would be limited.
I am currently unable to withdraw funds from paypal and verifiy my paypal account.
In the past i have even rented a bank account from THINK BANKING who charged £35 setup fee & £12.50 monthly fee, i was happy to pay because atleast it meant i could trade on ebay.
If anyone knows of any other of these bank accounts or high street accounts which are basically guaranteed (either no credit checks or thin checks) then please help me because i am at an end!!

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 04:56 PM

The barclays basic account just checks identity. I believe the halifax easycash account is pretty easy to get to. Don't apply in branch as they will automatically check you for a full current account - just get the forms to send off or apply online.

How bad is bad? Do you check your credit reports? As long as you aren't an undischarged bankrupt and don't have any fraud markers you should be able to get an account with one of the above.

Also are you on the electoral role - this will help the banks verify you electornically.

CaptainJack

ihatescams 01-22-2010 05:13 PM

No, i'm not a fraudster , I've just missed a few payments in the past.....
I'll look into the two accounts you have mentioned above and try to get one sorted ...
Are there no Virtual Bank accounts that have the DD facility and can be used to verify Paypal ?

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 05:18 PM

I'm not suggesting you are a fraudster. You can end up with a CIFAS marker for many reasons.

And no there are no virtual bank accounts. The closest would be the THINK banking type operation you have mentioned.

And I suggest you adjust your attitude. I have deleted your ignorant post made within 5 mins of joining the forum.

CaptainJack

artdeals 01-07-2011 12:02 PM

halifax easycash

Hi,
I just received today my Visa electron card from Halifax by post.
However, when I try to register it with PayPal it says that the card is not accepted and to contact my card issuer.
Do easycash cards normally work with PayPal?
Thanks.

ryanba 01-07-2011 04:56 PM

Do you have any money on the card?. Is the account set up?. I signed up with Halifax, they sent me the card, I thought the account was open but it was closed down shortly after, they wanted to know why I needed 3 cards, I told them to spilt up my money but they still closed the account. - Never mind eh?. Anyway if you have no money on it then they can't take £1 from it to check the card works etc.

eternity4u 01-07-2011 05:24 PM

That's weird. Why would halifax close your account, you can never get 3 cards for one account, i have several accounts with them and have never been any problems

ryanba 01-09-2011 01:30 PM

No, I had 3 accounts for 3 different accounts, they wanted to know why I needed 3 accounts, considering they have been so strict I've closed all of them now.

sugarlaces 01-09-2011 07:24 PM

sign up for secure trust bank. 12.50 fee a month but you can have as many as you want. its great i have 2 with them

barton_67 01-12-2011 05:53 AM

is that £12.50 for every account you open sugarlaces?

GreenBean 01-12-2011 06:10 AM

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...t-prepaid.html

here's some info that is fairly recent, barton. :yar:

barton_67 01-12-2011 06:21 AM

thanks again for your help greenbean

Stigger 01-14-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artdeals (Post 195387)
Hi,
I just received today my Visa electron card from Halifax by post.
However, when I try to register it with PayPal it says that the card is not accepted and to contact my card issuer.
Do easycash cards normally work with PayPal?
Thanks.

If you applied for the account online, then the account is not activated fully untill you go into the bank with ID, Just go down the bank take some id and put a tenner in

isitworththestress 01-15-2011 06:50 AM

Someone mentioned on here that they just go into the bank and say they need a bank to have their benefits paid into and the banks are obliged to give a basic current account.

maybe that would be an idea

Stigger 01-16-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 197082)
Someone mentioned on here that they just go into the bank and say they need a bank to have their benefits paid into and the banks are obliged to give a basic current account.

maybe that would be an idea

No, they don't give them to everyone, thats why allot of people on benefits have post office accounts

GreenBean 01-16-2011 06:36 PM

Majority of people in the UK are entitled to basic accounts. Usual exclusions are for fraud,undischarged bankruptcy. FSA is enforcing the rights of consumers to have such accounts. Use this URL for more info
Types of bank account : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

If you look at the FSA page, they outline the available banks. Dont forget Credit Unions may be feasible as well. :spy:

ATOPDRESS2008 01-19-2011 02:50 AM

about secure trust bank account

acutally ,is that account could used from paypal ?

ihatescams 02-26-2011 12:12 PM

Bank interview

I actaully have an interview at the bank for a standard current account next week, i did the application online and recived a letter a few days ago, i think i put on the application that i didn't allready have a bank account , but i obviously do....will the bank be able to find out that i have an account with another bank or is this information classified ?
Also, what are good excuses to use when they ask you the question " what do you need the account for " ??

Imakemoney 02-26-2011 02:48 PM

My friend who also uses stealth methods has got a poor credit rating and uses the Cooperative current accounts so could give them a try.

stickmade 02-26-2011 06:04 PM

can anyone confirm that "think banking" think banking - The account open to everyone Works for withdrawing money from paypal, did a quick look on the fourms but could not find an answer, cheers.

GreenBean 02-26-2011 06:14 PM

i think since THINK offers Direct Debits & Standing Orders it should be usuable.
Cant think who uses it but think someone here does. I think :yar:

i think i need coffee too ;)

stickmade 02-27-2011 07:51 PM

Thanks GB, however i've read this before on sites that they accept DD & standing order and i went ahead and ordered other prepaid banks and they did not work. Can anyone who has susucessfully added & withdrawn money with "think banking" confirm it works b4 i go ahead and order, thanks in advance