eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   payment gone to wrong email address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/16347-payment-gone-wrong-email-address.html)

lucy 02-04-2010 06:01 PM

payment gone to wrong email address

i listed an item via auctivia and somehow managed to type the wrong email address for paypal payment, i only realised this mistake, when i had sold the item and logged into ebay, where it said something like 'claim payment'

i clicked on this and this took me into paypal, where there was no payment, i was dumfounded and tried again, until i realised i used the wrong email address in the auction listing, which i have no access to

so i emailed the seller, told them they sent paypal to the wrong email address and they should login into their paypal and cancel the payment, i then sent them a paypal request to which they sent the payment

problem is whenever i login into ebay it keeps saying 'claim payment' for the one sent to the wrong email address, now an i what can i do?

aspkin 02-04-2010 06:08 PM

I've had that happen several times, I usually just ask the buyer to cancel and send the payment to my valid PayPal account and or leave the payment alone. Or you can create the new PayPal account and accept the funds if you want. Hopefully the email address you goofed on is available.

bode 02-04-2010 06:18 PM

If I've read your problem correctly. Log into your Paypal account and add the 'wrong' paypal email address to your account. This will accept the payment instantly.

aspkin 02-04-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bode (Post 123248)
If I've read your problem correctly. Log into your Paypal account and add the 'wrong' paypal email address to your account. This will accept the payment instantly.

Wow, I never thought to do that, nor have I heard of anyone else doing that.

Good thinking and hopefully it works; it could be useful later.

lucy 02-05-2010 04:21 PM

i sent a paypal request to the buyer and they paid me, but i still have that annoying 'claim payment' when i login into ebay, i've told the buyer to cancel the 1st payment that was sent to the wrong email address by logging into their paypal account and click cancel

askpin, you amaze me, never thought of adding the email address, can;t do it now, since payment has been made

bode 02-05-2010 04:33 PM

Well done aspkin :FF:

Lucy:
Go to Profile - Add Email
Enter the problem email address.
You will now receive payment.

Do this before he cancels it.

aspkin 02-05-2010 09:33 PM

Hehe, bode mentioned it. :)

I haven't done that for years, thus I forgot about it.

The gold old days of using the same PayPal account for dozens of eBay accounts is long gone. :)

reality250 02-07-2019 04:26 PM

Re: payment gone to wrong email address

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 123243)
I've had that happen several times, I usually just ask the buyer to cancel and send the payment to my valid PayPal account and or leave the payment alone. Or you can create the new PayPal account and accept the funds if you want. Hopefully the email address you goofed on is available.

What if it was the wrong - email was your old suspended account ? what should I do ?