eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Limitation removal time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/16420-limitation-removal-time.html)

bode 02-07-2010 03:24 PM

Limitation removal time

I have a temporary limitation on a Paypal account and was required to submit last 10 tracking, supplier invoice and close disputes.

It took me while to get all this done, but I have submitted the last bit of info. Three working days have now passed so was wondering should I start the phone calls on Monday?

Are they going to stall me? What's a normal time limit?

Lyda 02-07-2010 09:05 PM

Just be patient and try not to call if you can help it..specially if this is Stealth account. PayPal is slow in things like that and may take couple of weeks before they will get back with you....

bode 02-08-2010 09:42 AM

No it's not stealth but that money is needed to pay fees which urgently need paid before complete suspension and the rest is needed to set up new business. In limbo at the moment and patience has run out with them.

Lyda 02-08-2010 11:18 AM

Well, not sure that calling will really help to speed up things. I am afraid they may sense "desperation" if you call within a week after you emailed them.. and that's no good for you...But, if you still don't hear from them after at least two weeks have passed, than you'd have legit reason to call and check on it...

bode 02-08-2010 12:38 PM

I gave them a friendly ring and thanked him at the end, he's now putting it under review which takes 24-48 hrs.

The only thing he pulled me up on was the lack of tracking numbers (which had already been green ticked as completed).

I think it's fair to chase them up after 72 hrs on working days as that is their standard turnaround for everything.

I'll update.

bode 02-09-2010 06:36 PM

After he pulled me on the tracking numbers, they sent an email a few hours later asking for the last five tracking numbers. They knew fine rightly that I had sent a receipt for 1st class post without tracking.

I rang them again today and he seemed happy that my ebay account was closed and I wasn't intending to sell. Then I got the Appeal Denied email saying that they were closing the account and had to wait 180 days.

I won't be allowing that.

I've sent a legal warning off to their UK offices and by email. I'll find out within the next few days.

Extremehat 02-09-2010 07:15 PM

Good luck man.

Seems all they want is for money to stay in their account for as long as possible. I hope you win ... and if you do take them to court, make sure you sue um for at least a mil :)

'Just let the users pay!' - PayPal

bode 02-10-2010 09:37 AM

I sent off a pre legal warning telling them that I didn't want to use their service anymore nor do I authorise them to hold my money. I also demanded that they provide a vaild legal reason that allowed them to hold my money.

I got a reply within hours which appears to be their standard letter stating that their decision is final and that my account poses a security risk to their business and cited a number of reasons that they look at but won't disclose.

I sent another email demanding my money and restating that I don't wish to use their service in future and to give a detailed reason why my business could pose a risk when they release my money.

Should they ignore the demand or fob me off without giving valid legal reasons, court proceeding will commence within a week. It costs £25 in the UK but this fee will be passed on to them by the court.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

After that they will be hit with a £500 fee by the Financial Ombudsman to look at the case.

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Lyda 02-11-2010 11:04 AM

If everyone who got limited this way would do the same thing, PayPal would be swamped with complaints against them. Wonder if there is a service like this in US?

iron 09-04-2010 11:07 PM

so does this work then? by sending paypal a legal warning? and getting access to the frozen fund faster than the standard 180 days?

FandangoKango 09-10-2010 03:57 AM

yea, whatever happened to the guy who posted this? i want to know also...

GreenBean 09-10-2010 06:56 AM

He is no longer on the forum