Holding question. Hi guys - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 06-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Holding question. Hi guys

I have been reading up on here, but alot of the jargon is too in depth for me, im afraid im just a humble mental health student haha.
I dont use paypal for business, just the occassional sell/buy on ebay. I have 100 percent feedback, and randomly, my accounts on the good old 21 day hold! this has really pissed me off, ive called them and got nowhere, and emailed and been ignored.
I dont fit into any of their catergories to be able to put this holding crap on my account, so im unsure as of why?
Are there any reasons, aside from the ones they claim, that this may have happened for?
And anyway i can get this lifted? its putting me off ebay now. I dont see the point when i have to wait almost a month for goods i sold..

Thanks in advance, im sorry if i sound dumb/annoying!

Edit: Also to add, i tried one of the 'tricks' (im aware i wont post details, but im sure you can guess as its the easiest one to access) and this didnt work. Am i too late, did they catch wind ! Its beyond a joke because its actually been 21 days yet its still on hold!

Last edited by kaylalouise; 06-03-2010 at 05:35 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2010

If your talking about refunding the 1p...That stopped like yonks ago!

What are your DSR's like? It will be something to do with your ebay account, its ebay that orders the holds, not PayPal.

The holds are annoying, but don't forget you can get them lifted 3 days after online tracking shows as delivered, email them with the tracking numbers and transactions and they release...simple!
The Following User Says Thank You to meVebay For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (06-16-2010)
Old 06-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes it was! Im worrying theyll wonder why i randomly refunded this woman 1p hah. Its annoying, ive asked her nicley to leave me feedback, but she just didnt bother.

Is it 3 days after they have seen it has been delivered? The 21 day hold, is it manually lifted by staff or automatic when it hits the release date? I have the tracking number but its the 4th now anyway, i thought it would be out at midnight.

I thought my DSR's where good, 4.9, 4.7, 4.5 and 4.6.
Old 06-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum,kayla,

paypal 'say' the funds get released when certain things happen. It's not exactly what happens though. Many accounts get the funds released when tracking is provided. Just as many do not.
Your DSRs need a little improvement. How old is the account & what's the FB?
Old 06-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Welcome to the forum,kayla,

paypal 'say' the funds get released when certain things happen. It's not exactly what happens though. Many accounts get the funds released when tracking is provided. Just as many do not.
Your DSRs need a little improvement. How old is the account & what's the FB?
Tbh this is a fairly new account, say 6-9 months? And it has little activity, just casual. Im not sure how to improve my DSR's, im sure people are being picky. Im constantly on the go communicating via iphone, I get good packaging because my dads a postman and i send first class recorded! lol. Theres only so much i can do without sending cookies for them!
Fb is 100%, but only 2pages worth of people. However, ive been awaiting feedback off a ridiculous amount of people, and ive sent messages, so im assuming im not gettting it off any of them. im wondering if its in relation to that?
Old 06-04-2010
Threadstarter  

So I called them up, and they realsed the funds. However, I got a reply from an email I sent them before, saying "They have realsed "x" amount" Which would have been only half of my funds. Any ideas? Its a small amount of money. So Im confused?