eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Closing down Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/22224-closing-down-paypal.html)

paypalpains 09-01-2010 10:53 AM

Closing down Paypal

As some of you may have read, recently my ebay account was suspended indefinitely. However, for now, my paypal account is fine. Although thanks to ebay and its maliciousness, have had a couple of buyer disputes now. Also I have money being withheld from some sales I made with my new ebay account. They should clear soon as the payments were made on the 13th, and I do believe the hold is for 21 days.
What I would like to do, to save my bank card , is to close this paypal account as soon as possible. This will require me to refund the people with complaints, I can handle the loss if they do not return my items to me. Also withdraw any monies left in my account, before any other disputes are filed.
I am hoping that by closing the account it will save my bank card ( just in case paypal at some point decide to part company for all the disputes being filed).
If I can manage to do that, then will I be able to use the same card to open another PP account in the future?
As the new account will have a new email address, I am hoping ebay will not be able to link it. (ebay would not know my bank details would they?)
I always made one off payments to Ebay, rather than setting up direct payments through PP to EBay.
I am hoping this should work , as I have opened a PP account , and because the Phone verification did not work, I closed it , and then re opened another one with the same details, and it accepted them.
One more thing, if I do manage to close the PP account, yet get disputes after I have closed it, what will happen then? As the buyers will have no where to go to make a claim? Will PP log that this has happened?

pod 09-01-2010 11:15 AM

Closing paypal wont stop chargebacks.

You can not reuse anything with PayPal, ever again.

paypalpains 09-01-2010 11:17 AM

Where will the charge backs go ? to that account I presume?

Guess the best thing to do is just keep it open for a while then, till all the disputes are out of the way with. There should not be that many anyway, only had a few sales for that day, a few whos head popped up because of ebay and their fu*king awful emails they send. and a couple of returns

pod 09-01-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypalpains (Post 163338)

a few whos head popped up because of ebay and their fu*king awful emails they send. and a couple of returns

Ya, eBays panic "get your money back now" emails are pretty low budget

paypalpains 09-01-2010 12:01 PM

Its a disgrace they are allowed to do that

pod 09-01-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypalpains (Post 163351)
Its a disgrace they are allowed to do that

It truly is! Its not like the buyers are not protected if something goes wrong. But wait until something goes wrong before you freak them out!

topseller 09-01-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 163355)
It truly is! Its not like the buyers are not protected if something goes wrong. But wait until something goes wrong before you freak them out!

Really, they cause themselves more problems by doing that. Pissing off the seller to take revenge and scaring off real buyers that even though they get back there money, Ebay/Paypal is full of scammers.