eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal suspended my account forever!!!!!!!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/22286-paypal-suspended-my-account-forever.html)

iron 09-03-2010 06:46 PM

paypal suspended my account forever!!!!!!!!

im soo pee'd off right now, paypal have just suspended my account forever, i recieved this email -

Every business must balance its exposure to risk with its business goals.
At this time, we are not comfortable with the amount of risk your business
exposes itself to. We would like to begin the process of ending our
relationship in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

In addition, your related eBay account will remain closed due to this
current PayPal action.

Please log in to your PayPal account and fill out the Limited Account
Access form to let us know what to do with the funds remaining in your
PayPal account.

- Click "Contact Us" and then "Contact PayPal Customer Service"
- Choose the topic "Limited Account Access," click "Continue," and write
your instructions in the message box.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement Options
-----------------------------------

1. Your remaining account balance can be used to provide refunds to your
buyers (if applicable).

If you choose to provide refunds to your buyers, please provide a list of
transaction IDs for the buyers that you would like to refund.

OR

2. Your remaining funds will be held in your PayPal account for 180 days
from the date your account was limited. After 180 days, you will be
notified via email about how to receive your remaining funds.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and regret any
inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Janine
Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
the Resolution Center.

----------------------------------------------------------------

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way back for this account? or should i just start over?

jeffweico 09-03-2010 07:15 PM

Start over. PayPal almost never reverses their decisions.

But determine WHY they consider you a risk first, so you can avoid that in the future. If you don't the next account will just be closed as well.

You've gotta love it....

PayPal States:

We would like to begin the process of ending our
relationship in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

So, they IMMEDIATELY stop your sales and hold your money hostage for six months. What could be MORE DISRUPTIVE than that?

iron 09-03-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 163834)
Start over. PayPal almost never reverses their decisions.

But determine WHY they consider you a risk first, so you can avoid that in the future. If you don't the next account will just be closed as well.

how can i deduce anything from this email???

ill tell you what has gone on maybe you can chime in on why you think they sent me this?

anyway, i had 3/ accounts reg'd to one paypal.
all accounts on stealth details, ebay as wellas paypal.

the first limit i provided stealth id, supplier invoice etc limit was lifted and was allowed to sell.

fast forward, i recieved alot of sales over the last 1month or so, by selling more by offering users second chance offers, and thus i recieved a high amount of money through paypal, which is when i recieved the - suspicious account behavioue email, and was limited and was asked to provide supplier invoice, and proof of postage i supplied these and was waiting for the limit to belifted but they sent me an email stating that the tracking number s supplied dont show up as delivered so had to wait until it showed up as delivered.

eventually all tracking id's showed up as delivered when bang i get a not as described dispute from a buyer, before the disput i had sent an email that all tracking ids show up as delivered and when the limit would be lifted, after the disput had taken place they had replied back saying that i would need to sort the dispute out first before considering lifting the limit, which i did and complaint was evntually sorted out.

then another buyer from 2 months ago left negative 2 negative feedbacks on my account while in the process of my paypal account being limited.

and today i then contacted ebay live chat asking them if it was possible to get that feedback removed, to no avail i was asked to phone trust and safety, which i agreed to but did not phone them and left live chat, then a couple of hours later BANG!

i recieved the email outlined in the first post and ONE of my ebay accounts was suspended.

any ideas as to why i was sent that email by paypal????

GreenBean 09-03-2010 08:41 PM

'Cos paypal dont like your business practices. :pouts:

You appear to them as a risk. Now you need to re-think what to do to beat them and their mate ebay.:ranger:

Welcome to the forum. We specialize in beating ebay/paypal :pop2:

iron 09-03-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 163851)
'Cos paypal dont like your business practices. :pouts:

You appear to them as a risk. Now you need to re-think what to do to beat them and their mate ebay.:ranger:

Welcome to the forum. We specialize in beating ebay/paypal :pop2:

how do you mean?

i am selling vero items, do you think they have recognised this fact? and are taking action?

id like to know other people who are selling vero items in quantity, if theyve recieved this from paypal also?

jeffweico 09-03-2010 10:15 PM

OK....

This is becoming clearer.

You are selling what eBay deems to be high-risk items. If you don't know what eBay considers high-rsik, just go to DHgate and see if what you are selling is listed there. If it IS, then your product is considered high-risk, whether or not it is genuine.

Second, a "lot of money" starts moving through PayPal. This also triggers reviews.

Third, they saw the buyer dispute and 2 negative feedbacks coming in.

Now, you didn't say exactly what you are selling, what the negative feedbacks said, or why the buyer claims the item you sold him is not as described. And I'm not asking you.

But let me take a guess...

Was the authenticity of your items questioned?

I see plenty of red flags here. PayPal probably didn't do this because of just ONE thing, it looks like it was a COMBINATION of things they didn't like.

1) Selling large quantities of VERO items.
2) A sudden surge in sales (I'm guessing from the info you gave)
3) A buyer dispute and 2 negative feedbacks.
4) Large amounts of money involved.

In your last post you asked if others selling large quantities of VERO items were also banned by PayPal. I see where you are going with this, but that is a road to nowhere. eBay and PayPal are NOT fair and the rules are NOT applied consistently. That is just the way it works. But, eventually, ANY account that shows this type of activity will draw their scrutiny.

It is always best to spread sales over several accounts and slowly increase them on each account. ESPECIALLY if your items are favored by counterfeiters. Please understand I am NOT accusing you of anything - eBay and PayPal have no way of knowing for sure whether or not your items are legitimate, but ALL such sales are considered high-risk. That is just the way it is.

iron 09-04-2010 05:53 PM

thanks for the response, i think i will give up on selling counterfiets and starting to move on to more legitamate items under my original ebay account from back in the day which i got reinstated a couple of months ago.

they probably had thier suspicions that i was indeed selling counterfiet items.

if i start selling unbranded items around 20-30£ each do you think they will eventually send me that email again? i understand each individuals circumstances are differnt and unique.
it looks like that there is no way to avoid this, even by selling legitamate items? if you alot of money is going through paypal account, does it give them the power to shut down my paypal solely based on "a large amount of money going through the account"?

im thinking that that email was sent to me due to selling counterfiets and no other reason but that, and the trigger was the fact that i was selling alot more than usual?

jeffweico 09-04-2010 07:55 PM

Generally speaking, eBay/PayPal is more tolerant of unbranded items, since that eliminates the risk they are counterfeit. Stiill, if they see tons of sales on a new account, it COULD trigger a review.

However, if you start slowly and build a little each week, treat each customer as if they were your MOTHER, and ship quickly, you should be OK.

While nobody can say for sure why eBay/PayPal takes certain actions, we can guess. My guess is the complaints and selling VERO were the two main factors that did you in.

iron 09-04-2010 09:18 PM

do you think it would be safer to convert my recently reinstated ebay account to a shop? the £350 a month package?

and my paypal account to a paypal business account?

im thinking this would then allow me to listin and sell in volume?

jeffweico 09-04-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron (Post 163989)
do you think it would be safer to convert my recently reinstated ebay account to a shop? the £350 a month package?

and my paypal account to a paypal business account?

im thinking this would then allow me to listin and sell in volume?

I never used this option, so I don't know. Maybe someone else who has tried this will chime in.

iron 09-04-2010 09:22 PM

the ebay account is a pre 2005 one and only has 5 feedbacks was reinstaed 4/5 months back

original paypal account undder my legit name is also pre 2005 which has never been shut down, bear in mind has hardly been used though, just when im laundering money from stealth paypal accounts to be withdrawn to my bank account.

iron 09-04-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 163990)
I never used this option, so I don't know. Maybe someone else who has tried this will chime in.

ok thanks.