eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal and the new ip (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/23654-paypal-new-ip.html)

whatnow 10-12-2010 04:33 AM

paypal and the new ip

ok so i need to change my ip address and to do so between any new stealth accounts i use but everywhere i read that too many ip addresses will cause paypal to limit an account???? how do i get around that

rsot 10-12-2010 11:54 AM

Too many IP addresses won't limit your account UNLESS you log-in from a ton of different IP addresses - that's the point.

whatnow 10-12-2010 12:40 PM

ok but if i have to change ip address everytime i use a different paypal or ebay stealth account then very soon i will have used too many wont i???? im not great on computers so im a bit confused by this bit

rsot 10-12-2010 01:43 PM

No that's the right away to do it - diff ip per account. You will not have used too many AND you will avoid linking. Nothing to be confused about just don't do accidental log-ins.

whatnow 10-13-2010 03:44 AM

sorry i dont get it, are you saying keep same for each account, in which case how my pc give random ips

rsot 10-13-2010 09:56 AM

Ah well you should keep same IP for each account individually. If your pc gives you random ips - you need to log them and wait for right one to appear FOR THAT ACCOUNT - or so I have understood things.

whatnow 10-14-2010 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 173722)
Ah well you should keep same IP for each account individually. If your pc gives you random ips - you need to log them and wait for right one to appear FOR THAT ACCOUNT - or so I have understood things.

so how do you do that ???

rsot 10-14-2010 09:42 AM

You cycle through your IPs provided until the right one pops to use for your account. You can check you IP with IP burger - search the forusm.

whatnow 10-15-2010 03:57 AM

i have the stealth book so ip burger is in there, thanks for your help on this im such a pc thicky

kozij 10-15-2010 04:12 AM

I cycle my IPs all the time and never wait for a same IP to come around, that would take forever if not longer. Cycling IPs in my view is fine, it's like accessing your account from a different computer, or simply accessing your account from a dynamic IP (which you are) - I've never had a problem. Paypal can't limit you simply due to differing IPs. Sure if you access an account for a extended period of time using one IP then suddenly changing IP may raise a flag, but if your account is always accessed form a different IP then they must assume dynamic. Someone else wish to add something?

whatnow 10-15-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozij (Post 174275)
I cycle my IPs all the time and never wait for a same IP to come around, that would take forever if not longer. Cycling IPs in my view is fine, it's like accessing your account from a different computer, or simply accessing your account from a dynamic IP (which you are) - I've never had a problem. Paypal can't limit you simply due to differing IPs. Sure if you access an account for a extended period of time using one IP then suddenly changing IP may raise a flag, but if your account is always accessed form a different IP then they must assume dynamic. Someone else wish to add something?

thats fab thanks, i thought it would be a nightmare to do, cheers

isitworththestress 10-15-2010 04:52 AM

As said above I think the aim is just to constantly rotate the IP and try and avoid any that have flagged. So make sure you keep a record of the IPs you use so you can stay away from a bad one for a while.

If you have BT modem and you are constantly switching it on and off to change the IP then you may find that your system starts to struggle as the BT system will start running checks on the connection automatically, which reduces your broadband.
So if you need to change IP, try take a little time with it. I normally just go make a cup of tea and then switch back on when I come back.

whatnow 10-18-2010 05:06 AM

mine is sky which i believe will change when i turn router off/on, im a bit pc thick im afraid so sorry if my questions seem stupid lol its coz when it come to techie stuff iam :smash: thanks for your help all

isitworththestress 10-20-2010 07:05 AM

If you google what is my IP it will show you a dozen web pages that show your IP. Select one that shows your address. I always keep one tab open with that web page.

If you look at it then see where it is saying you are. I don't know about Sky but with BT I can be anywhere from Scotland in the north to Lincoln in the south and I have never even been in my own region once.
If Sky is the same then you have to consider how many sky users there are within that area, as I do with BT, as any of them could have that IP five minutes after I turn it off. That is a lot of people.

So basically my IP is showing I am a BT user and nothing more.

tenggo 10-20-2010 07:51 AM

dont worry

Having too many IP is not a problem...
If you use a dynamic provider you will get a new ip every time...if paypal were to ban you for this there would be nobody left
the key to it all is having different user accounts for each ebay/paypal pair and then make sure to keep the cookies for each user account.
then when you change between your user accounts, change your ip.
mobile broadband is the easiest and most convenient for this...
I set up 4 ebay/paypal accounts in my home country before i left to live overseas, using same computer with 4 user accounts and always leaving cookies.
My ip changed from my home country to the foreign country and no problems, as long as you keep using the same computer with your saved cookis

whatnow 10-20-2010 08:58 AM

thanks guys as always for your brilliant advise, im learning loads from here and the book, before this i didnt ever know i had an ip :doh:

GTB 10-20-2010 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=tenggo;175572]Having too many IP is not a problem...
If you use a dynamic provider you will get a new ip every time...if paypal were to ban you for this there would be nobody left
the key to it all is having different user accounts for each ebay/paypal pair and then make sure to keep the cookies for each user account.
then when you change between your user accounts, change your ip.
mobile broadband is the easiest and most convenient for this...

you`ve smashed the nail on the head there matey

rsot 10-20-2010 10:01 AM

I sincerely retract my comment - I was not expressing myself properly at all - sorry for the weirdness caused.