eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   US gift card in UK possible??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/28359-us-gift-card-uk-possible.html)

mattytman 02-18-2011 06:46 AM

US gift card in UK possible???

I have just been thinking that when you go to withdraw funds you get the following options:

Withdraw Funds

PayPal offers the following options for withdrawing funds from your PayPal account.

Withdraw funds to your bank account
Banks in the UK
2-3 working days Free
Banks in the US
3-4 working days Free
Withdraw funds to your bank account even quicker Banks in the UK
Typically complete in 1-2 working days £5.00 GBP

If the US guys can withdraw to a gift card that has sort code and ac**** number - then can we (in the UK) not simply buy a US giftcard and have the funds transferred to that account AFTER a 180 day hold policy?

Sorry if I'm rattling on guys but I REALLY REALLY REALLY need help because I will have over 20 accounts up for release in August and that may be over well over £10k and I just have to try and find a way of getting at it.

rsot 02-18-2011 10:04 AM

Do you know of a gift card in the UK with sort code and account number?

mattytman 02-19-2011 09:21 AM

I don't know of any in UK.

I was wondering is I could buy a US Gift Card from eBay...and then just use it over here?

I'm finding it hard to believe that no UK guys can help me out with this issue. Lol. Perhaps it's a well guarded secret... ?!?!?

GreenBean 02-19-2011 09:29 AM

Maybe it's because there's 55 different mattyman threads and no-one can keep up....

Keep the stuff together in ONE thread....

Having read your threads, you appear to have made the decisions to do one thing when the norm is another.

Is there a way for you to get your funds? The way paypal is, maybe you will & maybe not.
Users are reporting more & more that there are changes. What is told now might not work by the time your sentence is done :tears:

mattytman 02-19-2011 10:01 AM

I have found a supplier in Orlando and secured a contract for liquidized stock. I'm making a markup of 20%-40% on sales and I have over 600 products to sell. I'm not computer/website savvy because the only thing I have done in the past ten years is sell on eBay...

Now, I can't waste anymore time 'trying' to sell the proper way. I advertise on eBay (classified Ad) and Gumtree, Craigslist etc. I take PayPal payments to a random email address and then 'claim the payment' by opening an account etc etc. I then send the goods out and all the buyers are 100% happy because the products are genuine, high quality. Almost as soon as PayPal read the 'item description' and pick up any mention of Apple...I get limited (usually on first sale of around £400). The limitation is always rejected/denied...so I can't be a.r.s.e.d with it.

The thing is...EVERYONE wants to pay via PayPal so I have no choice. ALL the buyers are happy and receive their goods within a few days and I have to just sit it out and wait for the 180 day hold to be released.

What I find odd about your 'line' shall we say...is when you have told myself, and several others, that you "may" or "may not" get your money back from PayPal! I have not read a single thread whereby PayPal have held onto funds after the 180 day period. I read one article where a guy had to wait 50 days for a wire transfer...but nothing about them 'keeping' the money...so it's not something that I assume to be important. After 180 days - the cash is mine.

The ONLY thing I need to know is how I get at the dam stuff. Lol. I will have so many accounts that hit their release date in August/September and I need a way getting the cash. Be it opening a zillion e-savers...or asking for cheques...I'm just not sure. That's the only thing I want help with.

As I said - I'm experienced at all ways 'stealth' and have a few stealth accounts currently running with hundreds of feedbacks - mainly selling post-Christmas dietary products. But Stealth does not work with what I have to sell ... it seems that the only people to successfully sell products this way are eBay powerseller monsters or Amazon. I've tried amazon but can't sustain a weekly income from their 'buy it now' - it's not as effective as auction or simple advertisement (and the big boys get you removed pretty quick).

So that's it really. and I just want my cash in August/September. If no one really does have any answers then I guess I'll have to find a way and report back later in the year.

Cheers:amen:

GreenBean 02-19-2011 10:11 AM

No, I wasnt after the life story. Got the T-shirt already, matty.

I can assure you that paypal have changed what they do about the release of funds. Dont think I'm saying that lightly. Some users have been denied their money.
PM sent