eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal may know if you are using a savings acc (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/28756-paypal-may-know-if-you-using-savings-acc.html)

ryanba 03-01-2011 06:07 PM

Paypal may know if you are using a savings acc

I just tried to add my Barclays E-Savings account and set up a direct debit agreement, but PayPal gave me this message.

"Registering Your Bank Account for Bank Funding

Error Message
Unfortunately, this bank account cannot be used for Direct Debit by PayPal because it does not presently accept electronic transmission of the instruction required to set up the Direct Debit."

So I can't even set up the agreement, but I can withdraw funds into the account.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 03-01-2011 11:59 PM

When I setup my paypal recently. it asked me at the bank setup bit if my account was a savings or current account. I picked savings because it was and it seemed to work. It is a lyods isa savings into which you can only have about 5 grand going in every year as it is an isa (i think)

I recently opened a coop e-savings and am going to try that one soon.

I am sure I have read on here there is a way to use the savings account if it doesnt work.... I think you put the details in again and it should be ok... again i am not 100% sure from personal experience but I will soon as I will try the coop savings.

I also got a hsbc e-savings that I will try soon. I have read hsbs is not really a good one to go for. I am still going to try as for me I have nothing to loose from trying because if it does not work, I dont really want the e-savings account and I will move on.

I hope I have not given too much of my personal info on this open forum. If I have, I will find out tomorrow with the dreadded eb and pp account closed email!!!

undertheradar 03-02-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanba (Post 208602)
I just tried to add my Barclays E-Savings account and set up a direct debit agreement, but PayPal gave me this message.

"Registering Your Bank Account for Bank Funding

Error Message
Unfortunately, this bank account cannot be used for Direct Debit by PayPal because it does not presently accept electronic transmission of the instruction required to set up the Direct Debit."

So I can't even set up the agreement, but I can withdraw funds into the account.

all it means is the account does not support direct debit. they know that from the account number