eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   first reserve not working with ppal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/30368-first-reserve-not-working-ppal.html)

Daz 04-15-2011 05:24 PM

first reserve not working with ppal

Hi all,
just opened new stealth acount, and used a new natwest first reserve account i just set up to confirm as bank account - just received verification codes this morning, i was going to confirm this evening, but by the time i got online again i had had the standard email from ppal saying the bank came back with an invalid account number.

I have had this from e-savings, leading me to the conclusion, after talking with others here on this forum, that natwest e-savings were no good, but everyone has been saying first reserve savings were working fine - can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

If this is the way they are going in future, this is going to be a real pain if i have to open up a new current account for each stealth account.

any help would, as ever, be much appreciated.
Cheers

ShadyOne 04-15-2011 05:33 PM

Hey Daz, the first thing I wanted to ask is, what is your name change like on the PP account? Close to your real?

Although this does sound like the infamous Direct Debit problem with such bank accounts to be honest!

You could try calling PP and asking them if you could add the bank account again as their is no problems with it your end.

:peace:

Imakemoney 04-15-2011 06:31 PM

Ive had a first reserve account going for months now with no problems.

Daz 04-26-2011 06:16 AM

Just to update you all, I went into my bank last week, as i wanted to open up a couple of step accounts, and had a chat with the lady on the counter - obviously i didnt tell her what i was doing exactly, but she did say that the only accounts that you can use a direct debit with at natwest are current accounts, she did say not even first reserves were suitable for direct debits.
Good to hear yours is still working okay, imakemoney, but if it does all go t*ts up then that will be why!

ShadyOne 04-26-2011 06:18 AM

Yeah most people are aware of this, I no longer bother with savers and first reserves unless I need a quick withdrawal, like after the 180 day limit :D

Imakemoney 04-27-2011 06:35 AM

oi shady you leave first reserves alone :suspicious:

ShadyOne 04-27-2011 04:40 PM

^^^ Errrr actually I just remembered I used it for a 180 day limit withdrawer.

So I have not actually used one for a PP account properly, I am fed up with savings accounts getting removed, it only slows things down an can get PP looking into your account. So I decided to just forget them.

I know you have been using a first reserve...is it still going?

edit: lol, just seen you answered this question about two posts up :lol:

My problem with them is that if they suddenly do stop...just causes hassle. How many months exactly has yours been going then?

Imakemoney 04-27-2011 04:57 PM

3.5 months and counting touch wood (touches head) haha

ShadyOne 04-27-2011 05:19 PM

^^^ Good enough for me! :juggle:

@Daz, you might as well just open one as well!

Stigger 05-01-2011 04:19 AM

if you log in to paypal you will see your account is now verified.

this means that you can add any account including savings, all you have to do is NOT confirm it, becuase your PP account is verifid this method will work fine, just withdraw to this unconfirmed account.

i have used other peoples bk accounts in this situation, i used there initals not full name when attaching the bank account and it has worked for me, still is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz (Post 219973)
Hi all,
just opened new stealth acount, and used a new natwest first reserve account i just set up to confirm as bank account - just received verification codes this morning, i was going to confirm this evening, but by the time i got online again i had had the standard email from ppal saying the bank came back with an invalid account number.

I have had this from e-savings, leading me to the conclusion, after talking with others here on this forum, that natwest e-savings were no good, but everyone has been saying first reserve savings were working fine - can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

If this is the way they are going in future, this is going to be a real pain if i have to open up a new current account for each stealth account.

any help would, as ever, be much appreciated.
Cheers