eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal account limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/31598-paypal-account-limited.html)

Cassie 05-19-2011 03:55 AM

Paypal account limited

Hello people.

I have just found this forum so was wondering if you have any advice for me.

I have opened a new business and have been selling on eBay. Yesterday paypal has placed some limit on my account so I cannot access money received from sales. Is this legal at all?

I am not a criminal, indeed I have never committed a crime and have not contravened any rules here.

The problem is that a customer has since paid for an item on buy it now but I of course cannot access this money especially the postage. If the customer is to receive their purchase I shall have to now pay this postage out of my own pocket.

Is it worth mentioning this to eBay or shall I just go straight to court about this?

Paypal apparently wishes to obtain a load of verification information from me, which is fine but isn't it illegal to suddenly just refuse me access to my money but still to accept it from one of my customers.

Also they wish to have supplier information from me? What exactly do they mean by this - does anyone know?

rsot 05-19-2011 06:12 AM

Welcome to the forum. To unlimit your account, you need to provide all the info pa yp al wants - ID, supplier info, etc.

If you do not want to ship, refund the customer and move on to new fresh stealth account. You can call up pa yp al and try to explain but chances are good that it will not work.

Read around the forums +/- get the stealth guide to set up new accounts nicely.

GrannyT 05-19-2011 06:45 AM

Welcome to the forum. I guess we read this story 3 or 4 times a week - and that's just from the people who find their way here. RSOT has given you the advise you need - even though you don't want to believe it - you need to move on and start afresh I'm afraid.

I would suggest you buy the stealth guide, make a nice cup of tea and read it from beginning to end. When you've done that read it again.

Then start your plotting and scheming and come back here and seek clarification on anything you don't understand.

You will get back up and running. When you do come back here often and share what wisdom you have with others in your situation

Good luck:peace:

GrannyT 05-19-2011 06:46 AM

You're in Wales? Double welcome!!!:clap:

oompaloompa 05-19-2011 07:11 AM

supplier, would be an invoice or receipt, if you dont have that, they want suplier name and address.

ok here is a common dilemma, do you post item....?

well there are 3 options; if you can afford to lose it or it is not expensive item, then you can take the risk and send it Or you can tell customer there is slight delay due to problem with account, and to allow a few days extra, hoping they will oblige. Alternatively you can ask paypal via pm to refund buyer.

You have 3 different scenarios for how pp will treat your account. Hopefully if you send all info the account can be unlimited within 3 days. Or it will delay and ask for more info until they are happy then unlimit you, Or they can limit you, part ways and hold your money for 180 days...

There is no point starting legal action at this stage, if it comes to the 180 hold, small claims has been known to free monies earlier..it depends on the account and risk of chargebacks or refunds on your last 6 months transactions...

If it were me and it were an expensive item, I would not send it out yet, I would email customer, tell them problem and play it from there, most reasonable buyers will allow a few extra days if you communicate with them, if they want a refund or it starts getting a little to long a wait, refund them or ask pp to do so, as sometimes you are blocked from touching money.

Update us

Daz 05-19-2011 05:30 PM

When i had my pa yp al account limited along with 2 seller accounts, i couldnt even refund buyers, so i emailed everyioe who had paid me but not sent items to, and told them if they wanted a refund just to file a claim thouogh e ba y. Eb ay instantly close the case and refund the buyer if your account is suspended - iits a pain, but it gets the buyer refunded and saves you wasting money on posting items that you will either not see the money for 180 days or if the buyer in unscrupulous they will just claim their money vback anyway.

What i found is that i had a flood of freeloaders, as soon as i got my account suspended they were filing claims all over the place, for items that had been shipped the previous day or two, just because eb ay email all recent buyers and tell them their purchase is no longer safe and to claim their money back straight away.

Of the 10-15 buyers that did this to me, i think i had 1 or 2 that were honest enough to return the goods to me or send me a postal order after i explained what happened, the others just ignored the emails i sent and kept the goods plus got their money back.

As soon as eb ay or pa yp al close your account, they treat you like the scum of the earth and encourage all your buyers to rip you off, it doesnt matter how long you have been doing business with them, or how much money they have made out of you in the past - it is wrong morally, but they all word their terms of use to say, between the lines, that they will do whatever they please, whenever they please, change the rules whenever they like, and if you dont like it dont use them.

It's such a shame they have no real competition on the marketplace, but they dont - anyone else looks like they are heading that way, eb ay just buy them and shut them down - anyone remember yahoo auctions to name just one?

Cassie 05-20-2011 02:39 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think that eBay and PayPal are not the way to go for me. Am going to stick to my online shop for now. The fees are astronomical anyway it seems. I may get that stealth product to read but really am happy to stay selling on a platform that I find actually likes me and treats me with some respect.

GrannyT 05-20-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 230625)
Thanks for the replies. I think that eBay and PayPal are not the way to go for me. Am going to stick to my online shop for now. The fees are astronomical anyway it seems. I may get that stealth product to read but really am happy to stay selling on a platform that I find actually likes me and treats me with some respect.

There's lovely - that's what we all want but EB & PP do help pay the bills - if only they weren't such a****oles!!:yar:

IDV8 05-20-2011 07:20 PM

Unfortunately when you sign up with Paypal you are basically signing a user agreement that they can do whatever the **** they want. Its pointless, its happened to me, I had to go to my financial ombudsman who chased it up and within a day of my dispute being filed the financial ombudsman had somewhat forced Paypal to release my funds and unlimit the account - this being said I did send in all the information requested yet they were still content on dragging it out.

Eg;
1. Verify who I am
2. Verify I've sent the last 10 items out to my last 10 customers
3. Supplier info - usually not hard to make/obtain
4. Let them take their sweet ass time in righting their wrongs

A financial ombudsman here is pretty much on your side, basically if you've sent in everything they've asked for they have no reason to hold/limit your account and luckily for me Paypal DO fall under the financial ombudsmans means of power.

GrannyT 05-21-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDV8 (Post 230795)
Unfortunately when you sign up with Paypal you are basically signing a user agreement that they can do whatever the **** they want. Its pointless, its happened to me, I had to go to my financial ombudsman who chased it up and within a day of my dispute being filed the financial ombudsman had somewhat forced Paypal to release my funds and unlimit the account - this being said I did send in all the information requested yet they were still content on dragging it out.

Eg;
1. Verify who I am
2. Verify I've sent the last 10 items out to my last 10 customers
3. Supplier info - usually not hard to make/obtain
4. Let them take their sweet ass time in righting their wrongs

A financial ombudsman here is pretty much on your side, basically if you've sent in everything they've asked for they have no reason to hold/limit your account and luckily for me Paypal DO fall under the financial ombudsmans means of power.

I think there needs to be a lot more going down the route of the ombudsman and trying to get publicity when ever we win. Maybe shame will move PP where logic wont (Nah - it aint going to happen!)
:yar:

Cassie 05-21-2011 10:24 AM

They only held on to £10 of my money as I had just pulled out a few hundred days before thank god.

I wouldn't deal with them again due to the HIGHLY OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE they used in their communication to me.

I am confident that my new business will survive not using ebay. Its far cheaper to use my online shop due to the large ebay fees.

Anyway I popped by again to say that its a bit worrying when you read news about how xbox will be rolling out its upgrade with paypal as its main way for users to pay when buying points or upgrading their subscriptions.

Maybe paypal are happy to ruin some little guys business as they have their eyes on the prize....microsoft.

Anyways, thanks for all your help, am going down the google checkout and click and buy options on my website.

Stigger 05-24-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 230922)
They only held on to £10 of my money as I had just pulled out a few hundred days before thank god.

I wouldn't deal with them again due to the HIGHLY OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE they used in their communication to me.

I am confident that my new business will survive not using ebay. Its far cheaper to use my online shop due to the large ebay fees.

Anyway I popped by again to say that its a bit worrying when you read news about how xbox will be rolling out its upgrade with paypal as its main way for users to pay when buying points or upgrading their subscriptions.

Maybe paypal are happy to ruin some little guys business as they have their eyes on the prize....microsoft.

Anyways, thanks for all your help, am going down the google checkout and click and buy options on my website.

Pan calling kettle, over the years i have found gc to be just as bad.

ShadyOne 05-24-2011 05:52 PM

Yeah, GC is not better lol

Cassie 05-25-2011 05:32 AM

So really the only way forward is to go down the whole merchant account. I've been googling and seen less horror stories about GC but there are some out there.

People have really cottoned on as to how to scam people selling stuff online it seems.

Stigger 05-25-2011 12:05 PM

the best ligit payment proccessor imo is moneybookers.

for stealthtivity in the u.k i would look at alertpay 2co ccnow in that order

alertpay v.very good for anonymous

there are many others but costly like pay point, not sure about norchex fee but i know they have a maximum limit per transaction, think its 500 for business