eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   alternatives to photo id (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/31928-alternatives-photo-id.html)

missinglink 05-28-2011 12:39 PM

alternatives to photo id

what if you dont have photo id, eg no passport and an old style driver licence? any alternatives allowed?

It is in real details, so I dont need to make stealth ID and I dont want to resort to that, can I submit my paper licence? or can I send
something like a paper document

Stigger 05-28-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinglink (Post 233225)
what if you dont have photo id, eg no passport and an old style driver licence? any alternatives allowed?

It is in real details, so I dont need to make stealth ID and I dont want to resort to that, can I submit my paper licence? or can I send

in the past i have convined them that i did'nt drive and i have never ever been abroad and they let it slide, i have done this 3 time the last time my attempts failed but i know why, if you between the age of 18 and 22 you will most likley get away with that excuse.

Another thing you could do is get a citezens card or try this it worked for me few months ago

Post OfficeŽ | Counter services | Passports & identity | Identity checking service

Kia78 05-29-2011 06:44 AM

I had this problem a few weeks back - I don't have a passport or driving license - they told me a birth certificate would do instead.

ShadyOne 05-29-2011 07:31 PM

PayPal would eventually require some sort of official identification I would think.

@Kia78, so did you provide the birth certificate and have the limitation removed? I have never used a birth cert. Was this a stealth account by the way?

Kia78 05-30-2011 05:48 AM

Yes I provided them with one and the limitation was removed.

This wasn't a stealth account, I have yet to create any - I'm still reading my guide (up to my 5th time so far) :)

GreenBean 05-30-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinglink (Post 233225)

paypal can only ask you for what you can provide. Not everyone has what they tell you to supply.

So if you have no DL, no passport, then paypal usually accept something else.
Birth certificate is aces.:pop2:

rsot 05-30-2011 06:08 AM

Will work ok with a side note.

missinglink 06-01-2011 05:33 AM

I got an iidentity card from my country, it is old style and I can travelwith it, but I dont want to use it as it has different name from my english name and name on paypal, it is not something dodgy, I just anglicised my name, its complicated, I changed by deedpoll, and I dont want to submit all of that because itkind of freaks me to give that much real info. my birth certificate is not avail as it is gone years ago somewhere abroad, probably my mum might have it. so what else to birth cert, anything at all you can tthink of? I got bank statements on english name, wage slips.

ShadyOne 06-01-2011 03:55 PM

"PayPal accept government issued photo ID. Or a copy of your birth certficate."

@missinglink, go stealth and/or get creative, you know the drill! You could order a copy of your birth cert online by the way. May depend on your country birth place, not sure.

I am personally unsure about birth cert as it doesn't take much effort for PayPal to search the birth cert details. Though I suppose that the point is, it depends on whether they will/do search that info..........

missinglink 06-10-2011 02:42 PM

Iam carer to registered disabled ,I asked them, and they said I could send some benefits agency book.

techbayelectronics 06-10-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 233281)
in the past i have convined them that i did'nt drive and i have never ever been abroad and they let it slide, i have done this 3 time the last time my attempts failed but i know why, if you between the age of 18 and 22 you will most likley get away with that excuse.

Another thing you could do is get a citezens card or try this it worked for me few months ago

Post OfficeŽ | Counter services | Passports & identity | Identity checking service

THANK YOU!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

asphyx 06-21-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinglink (Post 234537)
I got an iidentity card from my country, it is old style and I can travelwith it, but I dont want to use it as it has different name from my english name and name on paypal, it is not something dodgy, I just anglicised my name, its complicated, I changed by deedpoll, and I dont want to submit all of that because itkind of freaks me to give that much real info. my birth certificate is not avail as it is gone years ago somewhere abroad, probably my mum might have it. so what else to birth cert, anything at all you can tthink of? I got bank statements on english name, wage slips.

you have a foreign ID card? excellent! just change some details and it will do, they have NO IDEA what it should look like, here is a funny story (not about PP but hey... are they any smarter?):

BBC News - The mystery of Ireland's worst driver