eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal restriction (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/34047-paypal-restriction.html)

nick bryant 07-16-2011 04:52 AM

paypal restriction

DearALL

I used to be a massive volume seller on ebay. £100k/week was fairly common. Around christmas 2010 I had a string of containers arrive late from the far east which lead to a glutton of bad feedback, chargebacks and ultimately paypal and I 'parting ways'. Since then I have tried a string of new accounts which have all lasted a maximum of just 3 weeks. They all go straight into 10-20k week in turnover before being shut down and paypal keeping every penny for the standard 180 days.

I am still an importer and would very much appreciate your advice on how i can get an account, more specifically paypal, where they are used to and happy with seeing these sorts of quantities of money going through it. £100k/week is something of the past now but £30k/week will still be achievable.

I feel like ebay/paypal is now something completely out of my grasp. Is purchasing a mature ebay/paypal account an option? or what do you reccommend? My only worry with going down the stealth/pretend route is when paypal start requesting management accounts/ bank statements etc... it all becomes a bit complicated.

Any ideas advice will be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Nick

smellybelly 07-16-2011 04:59 AM

read a lot of the forum
a lot of the forum:suspicious:

nick bryant 07-16-2011 05:00 AM

can you please elaborate?

GreenBean 07-16-2011 05:13 AM

what the smellyone meant and now has said, do a lot of reading on the forum :rolleyes:

Forum has seen more than one user start again with ebay/paypal after losing sound accounts.

The plan will be the manner in which it is done. Off the top of my head, I suggest buying ebay stealth. That gives you an inhand guide for making your accounts & such.

Although usetting it is doable to get back to ebay:juggle:
Cheers

Imakemoney 07-16-2011 06:25 AM

Turning over the amount of revenue you are....i'd suggest buying the stealth guide is the quickest and easiest way of understanding the basics to get you back and up and running.

isitworththestress 07-16-2011 12:21 PM

Turning over that amount, I would suggest dumping paypal altogether and using one of the payment companies that allow buyers to pay with their paypal.

Not sure what they are called but you will find them mentioned on the forum some place.

meVebay 07-16-2011 12:32 PM

isitworththestress...good idea, but can that be used on eBay UK?

I don't think so.

isitworththestress 07-16-2011 12:59 PM

The last I checked you are allowed to have merchant accounts on ebay

BiN4RY 07-16-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 249693)
The last I checked you are allowed to have merchant accounts on ebay

That was some time ago, things has changed drastically and using a merchant account is very difficult, if not possible.

GrannyT 07-16-2011 05:38 PM

Hi Nick

Thinking that you can do this level of business on new accounts is not an option. Stop beating your head against the wall because you are not going to do it.

Paypal are not adverse to large amounts going through quickly provided the account is set up properly in the first place. Normal stealth will not get you where you want to be.

isitworththestress 07-16-2011 06:18 PM

Yeah I forgot about that, they forced it on everyone some time back, unless you sell cars or something, as if that were the only collection only item.

So it looks like the only option is multi stealth accounts

Anyone know what other locations are forced and not forced to use paypal, as I wonder if that would be a good option?

nick bryant 07-17-2011 07:46 AM

what do you think would be a safe level to keep turnover at on each indiv individual account?

How long should you let an account mature for before you start really going for it??

You definitly can only offer paypal on ebay uk, although you can offer phone payments which can be put through a different merchant

oompaloompa 07-17-2011 09:20 AM

turnover - I think you need to start v slow for first 30 days, and then in the hundreds for following 3 months and gradually build up turnover and feedback.

The turnover you talked of earlier was an older established and fully verified account, personally I would have at least 4 accs, building up to somewhere near that amount after the first 6 to 12 months.

purchasing an established powerseller acc? well they are not cheap and quite rare, I mean who would sell one, if it was generating no problem income. You are better making accs yourself, using info that is more pertinent to you eg a pobox or business name or whatever. Remember you must now pass a £1900 limit initially by submitting docs.

Yes UK ebay sellers must offer paypal, which in the end is what customers opt for mostly, in conjunction you can also offer credit card processors.........

stealthmaster 07-17-2011 10:00 PM

Well there's established eBay sellers on now on eBay who will be turning over that sort of income, but it's not possible doing it the "Stealth" way turning over that amount. I'd boycott PayPal altogether if your thinking about that sort of income. Read around the forum you will find the answer and they've all be answered on here pretty much!. Hope you resolve this issue.

bigbill 07-19-2011 03:00 AM

One example of somebody who has done very well in a short period of time is in_the_label on ebay!

They set up their ebay account less than 12 months ago in August and now have 170,000 feedback!!! So it must be doable!

isitworththestress 07-19-2011 03:50 AM

never seen the seller but it sounds like one of those special companies they have brought in with their free listings and undamageable feedback?

bigbill 07-19-2011 04:08 AM

Hmmm...

I have no idea how they have done it to be honest! They are have feature listing on daily deals virtually every day!

Looks as if they have been selling high volume from the day they started, as in 20+ items per day!