Paypal have shut down my account! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 07-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Angry Paypal have shut down my account!

Hi

Paypal have shut down my account.. It has really messed my online business up as i can not purchase or list anything online as most places accept Paypal..

I really do not know what to do..

can some one please help me..

Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the froum, nzaman

Need a heap more info to work out suggestions that may work

What did you do ( or not do) to get paypal to close your account? High risk, lots of disputes?

Will your online business be assoicated with ebay?
So many questions needing so many answers.
Old 07-28-2011

Longevity: 75%

Well you are certainly in the right place Nzaman but as our erstwhile GB says, without a bit more info it's difficult to advise.

There is a really good UK presence on this forum and their is an awful lot of collective knowledge at your disposal.

My first bit of advise, and it's generic, is to get hold of the stealth guide. That will give you a really good grounding on what is and what is not possible. After that you should use the search facility and ask pertinent questions.

Welcome to the forums

Old 07-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - read around, inform yourself, and go at it - all the best.
Old 07-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Angry

Hi

Thanks for your rapid responses..

Basically i had a few ebay accounts open but all linked 1 paypal account..

I did not even have open disputes with any accounts..

I get my account limited on the 5th July and asked me for a list of documents that i had to provide them..

Documents like "invoices, bank statements, photo id etc" my account was a fully verified business account..

I sent them 1 document at the the time as that's is all i had.. and within 6 hours i get an email saying my account is suspended..

So i contacted paypal and the lady on the phone just told me that Paypal does not want me as a customer and i can never open another account as that will also get shut down..

Really has set me back bigtime :(

Regards
Old 08-04-2011

Longevity: 82%

did you contact live support regarding anything?
Old 08-04-2011

i mean prior to the suspension
Old 08-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi

NO i did not contact live support but i did phone them up instead..
Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they said you can never open an account with them again? who is she, your mother.....

forget that one and move on..........
Old 08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzaman View Post
Hi

NO i did not contact live support but i did phone them up instead..

regarding what?
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Regarding my account being closed down..
Old 08-07-2011

Just make new ones and do not make too much worry about the other dead one.
Old 08-10-2011

this was exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I had a paypal account for my business and had used it for nearly 2 years as a business account.

One day I get an email saying they have closed my account as they deem it high risk. When trying to find out why they just wouldn't give me an answer saying they don't have too.

I then used my friends premier account and that was fine for a month then they required invoices, ID etc. I provided 2 items as the ID and other stuff was at home.Within 2 hours, before I had uploaded everything, my account was closed with the reason they deemed it high risk.

It is probably down to the number of transactions in a short space of time which has triggered it off. But what do they expect? I thought as I was doing better on ebay they would reward me, but it was the opposite.

Essentially it has closed my business.
Old 08-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi

Cheers amirb for the insight.. It is to long off a process to be honest..

I just was wondering if there is any other merchant accounts out there that we can use instead of paypal..

I mean my ebay account is still fine.. I am surprised as i thought as paypal closed down my account so would they..

Even services like fiverr.com you have to use paypal.. I used a card that was not registered with paypal but as i have to put my name and address its flagged up after couple of transactions and now they do not accept that card..

Paypal has really messed up my online business mission :(
Old 09-14-2011

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Hi

Cheers amirb for the insight.. It is to long off a process to be honest..

I just was wondering if there is any other merchant accounts out there that we can use instead of paypal..

I mean my ebay account is still fine.. I am surprised as i thought as paypal closed down my account so would they..

Even services like fiverr.com you have to use paypal.. I used a card that was not registered with paypal but as i have to put my name and address its flagged up after couple of transactions and now they do not accept that card..

Paypal has really messed up my online business mission :(
Lol same here with the fiverr part.

My advice : buy Stealth Book , read up on forums , visit buy sell section of this forum and you could be back happily.

Peace.
Old 09-15-2011

Yeah, stealth is good and will help you if you want an account starting from scratch again. The problem is that if you already have a current ebay business then paypal will link the sales from this account to the new account which could cause some issues again.

Its definitely worth complaining and stating you point to paypal through their complaint system, and keep on doing so until they give you an answer (it took over a month for them to answer the first complaint). However I have got them to open my friend paypal account and it looks like they will be opening my business account too.

I think the main reason was because I picked up on conflicting information and reasons they had given me which were totally untrue.

e.g. They said on my friends account, which I used for 2-3 weeks as an alternative, it was closed for being high risk and then later saying this was due to too many complaints on the account. I then explained that there had not been one complaint, I have received 100% positive feedback in ebay and if there was a complaint could it be forwarded to me so I could check this. I don't think they could answer this.

However, from reading online I do see this as a very lucky outcome as it appears one your account is closed, that is the end of it.
Old 09-15-2011

Longevity: 90%

Like everyone has said above, get the 'eBay Stealth' manual, forget about your current account with ebay, even if it is still live as its a dead loss if it is linked to your banned paypal account. Follow the instructions on how to set up multiple 'stealth' ebay and paypal accounts and you will be ok, its very frustrating when this happens, epecially when you think you have done everything right and you have spent a couple of years building up a business and your online prescence / reputation. Just get your head down, get your new accounts sorted and keep on trucking!
Old 09-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for all your feedbacks and insights.

Looks like i am going to have to invest in Stealth and start from scratch

Regards

nzaman
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for your rapid responses..

Basically i had a few ebay accounts open but all linked 1 paypal account..

I did not even have open disputes with any accounts..

I get my account limited on the 5th July and asked me for a list of documents that i had to provide them..

Documents like "invoices, bank statements, photo id etc" my account was a fully verified business account..

I sent them 1 document at the the time as that's is all i had.. and within 6 hours i get an email saying my account is suspended..

So i contacted paypal and the lady on the phone just told me that Paypal does not want me as a customer and i can never open another account as that will also get shut down..

Really has set me back bigtime :(

Regards
always possible to get around paypal!!! they cant not have you as a customer, ebay stealth guide..

welcome to forum