eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Cant use VOIP for paypal anymore (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/3617-cant-use-voip-paypal-anymore.html)

regal 03-25-2008 10:58 AM

Cant use VOIP for paypal anymore

I've used it many times before but now there blocking it. I tried about ten mins ago, the phone rang and i entered the code and it accepted it and then got this message -

Validate your account information results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately we couldn’t successfully validate your account information by phone because:

Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

Anyone got any ideas for away round this?

cheers
Tony

mantisinc 03-25-2008 11:07 AM

Oh no!! This is even worse news. Good lord, they really are covering just about everything.

Can you match a VOIP number to an address in any way? And, what if you are ex-directory?

regal 03-25-2008 11:12 AM

Thats funny i thought the exact same 2 things! I think the answer is no to matching a number because oviously it would allready exsist and if your x directory then they will claim your number is on the database etc, so your fuc$$ed both ways.

I reall y cant see a way round, i did wonder when they would close the door!

mattcafc 03-25-2008 11:56 AM

We. Are. ****ed

regal 03-25-2008 12:12 PM

I suppose the only plus is you can still set up a paypal account but just not verify, not that thats much good really.

How long before Ebay does the same thing with VOIP? If they read this, then not long!!

mattcafc 03-25-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regal (Post 33063)
I suppose the only plus is you can still set up a paypal account but just not verify, not that thats much good really.

How long before Ebay does the same thing with VOIP? If they read this, then not long!!

You cant lift the limits though without having the phone call. Think the most you can withdraw is about £600, but not sure.

regal 03-25-2008 02:33 PM

yeah sorry thats what i meant about it not being very good. The main thing is its going to be impossible to set up a new sellers account because u need to be verified with Paypal and of course now you cant get vervfied!

I've 3 accounts left and 1 has 2 vero's on it. so i reckon I'll be stuffed soon.

mantisinc 03-25-2008 03:00 PM

Surely there must be some way to use a VOIP number. Otherwise this trouble is going to cause huge issues. I can't imagine that every phone number is on their "database".

mattcafc 03-25-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 33079)
Surely there must be some way to use a VOIP number. Otherwise this trouble is going to cause huge issues. I can't imagine that every phone number is on their "database".

Your home phone number is linked to your local area. VOIP phone numbers are linked to certain areas, highly unlikely it will be your local area or post code area. So you are screwed really

mantisinc 03-25-2008 03:41 PM

Well you can select an area code, so that shouldn't be an issue. Just select the area to match your address.

Seller 03-25-2008 09:27 PM

why cant you use tossable digits as your phone number?

mantisinc 03-26-2008 02:35 AM

Because it's the same aspect as VOIP, I believe?

regal 03-26-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 33086)
Well you can select an area code, so that shouldn't be an issue. Just select the area to match your address.

I allways select the area code in relation to my address, so i dont think it has anything to do with that. I think basically they just want an excuse to say we didn't regonize your number so we'll send a letter to you, which is no could to us lot!

I think just open mulitple accounts with paypal and take out what you can, as u can still get verified with your BA. Just a big pain really.

bertie 03-26-2008 10:39 AM

don't worry about voip have just used it to comfirm my paypal account and everything was fine, just make sure that when you rent a number from voip
thats it the same area code for your address and you will be fine

regal 03-26-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertie (Post 33208)
don't worry about voip have just used it to comfirm my paypal account and everything was fine, just make sure that when you rent a number from voip
thats it the same area code for your address and you will be fine

Well thats good to hear, its odd though because i tried it on 2 accounts with matching area codes and had no joy. I'll try on another account later. Maybe i just picked a dodgy area where similar codes are used, think i'l just stick to london

regal 03-27-2008 04:01 AM

Well, i tried for a third time with Paypal with a new address and matched the code as before and it worked! I cant think why it didn't work the other 2 times, maybe just one of those things.

Glad thats sorted it would have been a real pain not being able to remove the limits

dollybaby 03-27-2008 05:19 PM

damn paypal, i just tried to verify with voipfone and it kept saying it the number i was putting in didnt match so after the 3rd go it said no more and they are sending a letter with a code instead, of course the letter is going to a bogus address, any advice anyone. thanks in advance.

scouse12345 03-27-2008 05:42 PM

I personally have no need to use "Voip" or any other simulated phone number service.. if using them is becoming a Major problem for UK users, a solution as drastic as it sounds may be a change of ISP, BT Broadband Option 3..

1: You have your original home number to use. (i suspect many have already exhausted that number)

2: They give you an internet handset with the homehub, which allows you a second number with "your" existing area code.

3: They offer a service where you can rent another number (i think it's £1 per quarter or something like.. and thus you have 3 phone numbers at hand.. with the added benefit, of changing the numbers on points 2&3 with little effort..

dollybaby 03-27-2008 05:44 PM

i think that paypal is stuffed then, im stuck with talktalk for a while longer, god knows what the ppl will think when they get my letter from paypal.

dollybaby 03-28-2008 04:06 AM

its a bit late for me to do that now, lol, the letter is already on its way.

simplyjimbo 03-28-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 33343)
Can't you call paypal through it and claim that paypal does recognize you because your number is unpublished?

All British telephone numbers I know for sure are listed in one certain database regardless of whether it is ex-directory (unpublished) or not and I think they may be just using it.

I'll try a new trick I know of and see if it works and let those privileged members know.

If any Poopal or Crapbay employees would like to know in advance of my sharing please pm me and I'll gladly tell you............ where to bloody go.

regal 03-28-2008 06:05 AM

Dollybaby - PM sent