Legit PP account limited ,Requesting info, Best way to go? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Legit PP account limited ,Requesting info, Best way to go?

Hi,

I've had a totally legit Paypal account limited, think it had to do with my sales increasing near to Xmas and too much cash building up in the account.

They are asking for Photo ID, supplier invoices, proof of business etc.

I have everything they want in my own name and address, have a driving licence for the Photo ID and in inland revenue CIS card proving I'm registered self employed/Sole trader, both those have photo's on.

I'm reluctant to give them the DL, I don't want them recording the driver number on it, I think I will be ok with the IR CIS card and I remember them accepting one of these a few years ago for verification, it has photo and NI(SSN) number on it.

I had an account limited indef 7/8 years ago, and I know what twats Paypal are so I'm not counting on me getting the limitation lifted but may aswell give it a go, nothing to lose.

If it does get limited indef, I have two bank accounts and 3 credit cards that never seen ebay or paytwat, is it best to change the addresses on these accounts/cards and then register new accounts with Ebay/Paypal, or can I just use them and put in a mates address or rented mail address and use them straight away?

Do Paypal/ebay check the registered addresses on CC's and bank accounts when opening accounts?

I have had a little experience of being sly with Paypal and Ebay but it was several years ago and they seem to have tightened it up alot, my thinking was to get the bank acc/CC's registered to a different address and also get the address changed on my DL so I have photo ID with a different address from the account currently limited.

It seems the photo ID they now ask for is the kicker here, I'm pretty clued up with all the safe stuff you need to do with you computer and IP address, been doing that for years.

Any advice really appreciated...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Come on, someone must have some advice...
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 74%

You can edit the driving licence by covering your picture and driving licence number. It tells you to do it somewhere in paypal. Just make sure they can see, name, address and DOB

Just upload what they are asking for and you should be back on within a week.
Old 11-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingle92protege View Post
You can edit the driving licence by covering your picture and driving licence number. It tells you to do it somewhere in paypal. Just make sure they can see, name, address and DOB

Just upload what they are asking for and you should be back on within a week.
Is this definitely true mate?, because I'd feel alot better submitting it like that, otherwise I'll send a copy of my birth cert.

Because I would not put it past Paypal to keep a record of drivers numbers to reference against accounts being verified, unless it's illegal.
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

paypal do not accept birth certificate, they want photo ID.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-28-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKangaroo View Post
Is this definitely true mate?, because I'd feel alot better submitting it like that, otherwise I'll send a copy of my birth cert.

Because I would not put it past Paypal to keep a record of drivers numbers to reference against accounts being verified, unless it's illegal.
Yeah, I think it's even in the stealth guide. Paypal actually tells you to block out the sensitive info.

I've tested it. I covered photo & driving licence number. They accepted it and lifted £1900 limit
Old 11-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
paypal do not accept birth certificate, they want photo ID.
I said on the phone I had no photo ID, they said send a Birth Cert then...
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

in that case I stand corrected, I would take that offer and run with it...

know that age 18/19 year olds accs were ok with it once, but they tightened up and we got reports of it not being allowed anymore.....
Old 12-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

yer its hit and miss with the BC , its down to who you get on the other end of the phone at the time .

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif