\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal account limited :( (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/4147-paypal-account-limited.html)

dreameR.78 04-21-2008 04:42 PM

Paypal account limited :(

Greetings all!

I logged on to my paypal account yesterday to find that it has been limited!!! Shock Horror!!

Paypal says my account has been limited because paypal have "observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk"

Fair enough I suppose, I've been selling DVDs on eBay Australia and made a couple of quick withdrawals to my verified bank account.

In the resolution centre, paypal say they want:

Photo ID (No problem I've taken a picture of my passport already which matches the details I've entered on paypal)

Invoices (for 5 items I've sold. I've also taken photos of the items but I only took photos of 3 of them as I've already posted the other two)

Proof of postage (I will obtain when I post the other 3, but since I am posting to Australia isn't it going to cost me a lot more to post tracked delivery that regular?! NOT FAIR!!!)

The one that worries is the supplier contact details. I source my DVDs from many online DVD retailers, Play, Amazon etc.. if I gave them a list of all the ones I'm a member of, would that suffice?!

Please advise?! I have quite a bit of money in that paypal account and I'm getting really anxious about this. I mean how long will it actually take paypal to respond providing I give them enough proof that I am in fact 100% genuine?

Thanks for your help in advance.

MasterChief 04-21-2008 04:58 PM

Get the eBay Stealth Guide. It will answer most of your questions. :)

divine422 04-21-2008 06:14 PM

Getting limited is procedural...i dont know anyone has ever used paypal and not gotten limited (especially as a seller). So calm down...breathe. Now, call them and talk to them...it helps. Just explain whatever. Im sure its fine, once they have everything they asked for i usually have the limitation moved within that day or the next especially if its not high risk and you dont have any problems from buyers.

I also agree with the above post (buy the ebay ebook).

gotgameplan 04-21-2008 06:19 PM

Try making some official looking recipes works for me many times.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...172551033.aspx

divine422 04-27-2008 06:27 PM

Ooo im liking the invoice templates...that saves me so much time from doing this from scratch.

miyagi 10-31-2008 05:08 PM

Thought I would drag this up, like OP I got limited this week....I had been selling high value items and quite alot,30 - 40 per day and I had put delivery in 5 - 7 days.

So when I was limited I wasn't ready to upload all the information mainly the tracking numbers as it takes me at least 2 days to prepare my orders.

Anyway on Wednesday I send paypal copies of my I.D and invoices and tracking numbers. But I have since found out that because I never did it within 3 days my ebay account has been suspended.

Now paypal have the information, however they take 24 - 36 hrs to look at it and they were reviewing the information but didn't get to finish looking at it as it was a Friday.

My only concern is that both my paypal and ebay accounts could easily be linked to other accounts where I have been previous suspended or have a negative balance.

I tried something different to not get me linked and so far it has worked or I am just lucky.

Thought I would share.......