eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal alternative? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/42523-paypal-alternative.html)

beeb 02-10-2012 02:50 AM

paypal alternative?

i know there probably isnt as ebay /paypal work together but is there no other way of selling on ebay apart from using paypal ( i know you can accept cheques etc) ... ie another company like paypal? cause paypal stinks! i have bought things in the past were it takes you to a different page when paying...but i gather this is still done via paypal?

GreenBean 02-10-2012 03:04 AM

Strictly speaking you are meant to have paypal to sell on ebay uk.

To sell without is complicated/pain in the butt.

I read in your other thread your ebay is OK but paypal is not.

Don't put your friend's paypal near that ebay. Doesnt work long term. :tears:

Nochexman 02-10-2012 10:34 AM

Alternative payment service on ebay

Nochex is an acceptable method of payment on eBay.

Good luck,
- Peter

rsot 02-10-2012 11:20 AM

Nice stuff on the nochex - also you can have an active pp but convince your customers to pay via other means....

newjerseymax 02-10-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nochexman (Post 311130)
Nochex is an acceptable method of payment on eBay.

Good luck,
- Peter

Be aware that you cannot accept payments outside of UK and you must explain in advance what products you will be selling. If you sell outside of contracted products your account can get shut down. Otherwise decent company.

beeb 02-10-2012 03:47 PM

but i thought ebay only allowed paypal? although i did see nochex...moneybookers etc are allowed on ebay as payment methods, now my paypal has been limited and was told they were closing it but when i called they said they would review it again ... now probably no chance of getting reinstated as paypal are horrible ..... how would i add nochex to ebay? as my ebay account is still standing fine without any hassle from ebay?

GreenBean 02-13-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 311226)
but i thought ebay only allowed paypal? although i did see nochex...moneybookers etc are allowed on ebay as payment methods, now my paypal has been limited and was told they were closing it but when i called they said they would review it again ... now probably no chance of getting reinstated as paypal are horrible ..... how would i add nochex to ebay? as my ebay account is still standing fine without any hassle from ebay?

To a degree you are stymied. ebay do say that they want a paypal attached to accounts. (chances of attaching another paypal & lasting long term are not good). You are seriously going to need to think about that part.

Selecting Payment Methods

Read thro' the above. Info there is helpful for future stealth accounts :typing:

Nochexman 02-13-2012 06:36 AM

Alternative payment service on ebay

Hi beeb.

You can learn how to integrate Nochex with ebay here.

Just to clarify newjerseymax's point - Be aware that you cannot accept payments outside of UK and you must explain in advance what products you will be selling. If you sell outside of contracted products your account can get shut down. Otherwise decent company. You can accept payments from outside of the UK if you have a merchant account, which costs £50 to set-up: Seller accounts are free to set-up, but allow you to accept payments from the UK only. I should also point out that to have an Nochex account you do need to be based in the UK. Sorry if there was any confusion there.

Hope this helps,
- Peter (I work for Nochex)

GrannyT 02-13-2012 07:26 AM

Nochex is good - it's a pity they wont process mail order and telephone sales. I get a lot of people want to pay over the phone (I like avoiding Ebays system and people like a discount) and my merchant account is a pain in the aristotle

biggesmalls 02-13-2012 04:43 PM

Would ebay see my name on a nochex account or is it totally private from them

NoneOther 02-13-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoe (Post 311948)
Would ebay see my name on a nochex account or is it totally private from them

No, They are not involved in the transaction and therefore have no access to private data

eBay King 02-14-2012 06:15 AM

beeb, eBay force you to accept PP in the UK. You can accept Internet Banking, Nochex, Cheques, Cash. It has worked for a good few sales with me in the recent past, but eBay do not like it and dealt with me accordingly...

Nochexman 02-14-2012 08:54 AM

Nochex is good - it's a pity...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 311850)
Nochex is good - it's a pity they wont process mail order and telephone sales. I get a lot of people want to pay over the phone (I like avoiding Ebays system and people like a discount) and my merchant account is a pain in the aristotle

Hi GrannyT.

We do some MOTO, but it depends on volume I think. If you have a Merchant account contact your account manager and discuss it with them, and if you don't, just send a ticket and we can get back to you.

Good luck!

GrannyT 02-14-2012 10:21 AM

Thanks Peter - I will

:peace:

NoneOther 02-14-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nochexman (Post 312111)
Hi GrannyT.

We do some MOTO, but it depends on volume I think. If you have a Merchant account contact your account manager and discuss it with them, and if you don't, just send a ticket and we can get back to you.

Good luck!

It's a pity they are not allowing any new seller accounts at present. Only personal or merchant are available. Otherwise it would be all good.

Callidus 09-19-2012 02:27 PM

AuctionHottie - only compatible with the US?

Ebayorbust 09-19-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 377892)

Dont read too much into the reply mate.

AuctionHottie's has only ever posted about how good merchantinc is. No prizes for guessing who he / she works for. :p

Stigger 09-21-2012 01:46 AM

Still got the transaction limits ?

Ridiculous if they have.

rsot 09-21-2012 03:39 AM

Moneyb ookers is a nice service that some clients will warm up to

GreenBean 09-21-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 378264)
Moneyb ookers is a nice service that some clients will warm up to

Do you work for them, rsot? :juggle:

Wonder if you want to share the secret to get UK BUYERS to use the service.

:amen:

GreenBean 09-21-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 377892)

That poster left us. There's be no reply

:pound:

Nochexman 09-21-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 378240)
Still got the transaction limits ?

Ridiculous if they have.

Hi TizWoz.

Yes, we still have transaction limits. We're very much focused on small and start-up businesses these days, so transaction limits aren't really that important to our customers.

What sort of limit did you have in mind? Maybe they aren't so low as you remember them?

Best wishes,