eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   would paypal limt you for this (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/42883-would-paypal-limt-you.html)

mr.ee 02-19-2012 08:02 PM

would paypal limt you for this

Hi

Just opened a new paypal acco added bank acc and cc and confirmed both but i want to buy something off ebay for around £2k = around $4k but as this will be my first thing i use my paypal for are they likely to limited it

the ebay name has over 40 good feedback and not for silly ebooks or anything

thanks

gulaga 02-20-2012 12:35 PM

hey there, i dont think they will limit you for buying something in such amount.
i have tried this already, fresh pay pal account first transaction was 2980 USD in buying.
its still in good working order and had no problems since.
hope this helps at least a bit.

rsot 02-20-2012 07:15 PM

Welcome to the forums mr.ee - as gulaga has stated, you are unlikely to be limited for buying - in fact, if you`re money goes through well...pp might be even more solid for doing that.

GreenBean 02-20-2012 08:16 PM

I'm a cynic.

You could well get limited.

paypal are just as likely to put a hold on the account for suspicious actvitiy.

B4 you make this purchase ask yourself these questons:

Is this item worth £2000 of my hard earned funds?

Am I 1000% sure I want to use ebay/paypal?

Is the SELLER on the level? Great feedback. Long standing account ...yadda yadda yadda

Welcome to the forum:pop2:

mr.ee 02-23-2012 07:44 PM

Just to let you know there must be something paypal do to new accounts had it about 2 weeks and confirmed my bank and cc and just tried to use a buy it now of 2k and it wouldn’t let me pay for it

paid for something for £100 and it let me so its crap when they say you have no limit whats the point in going through all this confirming this and that if you cant even use it

pod 02-23-2012 09:51 PM

Buying is usually not a flag. But a large amount like 4k can also be a flag for money laundering or whatever they find fishy. Its not just you they are worried about, its the other end. And if the money, card you used or whatever suddenly goes south they are out 4 grand... Its too much for a new account in their eyes. You can call and talk to them. I have new PP holders get stopped buying $5-$600 all the time. A 2 minute call and all is well

But you should be 1000% the dude on the other end is clean. I would never spend that much via PP personally

GreenBean 02-23-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.ee (Post 314802)
Just to let you know there must be something paypal do to new accounts had it about 2 weeks and confirmed my bank and cc and just tried to use a buy it now of 2k and it wouldn’t let me pay for it

paid for something for £100 and it let me so its crap when they say you have no limit whats the point in going through all this confirming this and that if you cant even use it

paypal will go to ANY length to protect itself.

Your account is too new, in their eyes, for a larger transaction.

Sure they like the confirmed account, the verified account. They want more......
they need to know they are protected.

:brushteeth:

mr.ee 02-24-2012 04:48 AM

There you go rang them and they said there is nothing they can do it’s their security settings absolutely pointless confirming and verifying your acco if you cant even use it to buy something

I ask them what more i could do and they said nothing it’s because it’s a new acco

So there is a limit even if they don’t tell you

the seller is a powerseller with thousands of feedback so its not that

mr.ee 02-24-2012 05:25 AM

I know its anyones guess but if you had to would you say it’s better to use an acco that is like 4 years old unverified which i have used off an on but for no big payments

or

another acco that is 4 months old unverified but had lots of payments go through it with some receiving but nothing like the 2k i want to use to buy something

i will verify one of them with bank and cc again but not sure which one i should use so i can just buy something from ebay

It’s just so dam annoying when it’s your own card and you can’t even use it to buy something

Why can’t they do chip and pin or something so people can actually buy what they like without all this nonsense

Thanks guys