eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   New card for paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/46580-new-card-paypal.html)

magbob 05-21-2012 04:41 AM

New card for paypal

Hi,

A quick question ...

I need to add card to my new Stealth paypal account. I have got a credit card that I have not registered with paypal before, but I did use it when paying as 'guest' for ebay items (checkout as guest with paypal)

Can I use this card for my Stealth account now?
In other words I do not know if they keep on file cards used by guests too or only the ones attached to accounts.

Thanks a lot.

rsot 05-21-2012 07:04 AM

IF used as guest during checkout, I would say NOT to risk using it. Could cause problems - they keep an eye on EVERYTHING.

they_screwed_me_too 05-21-2012 07:39 AM

i would say definite not as RSOT rightly advises

get another that will work with no risk

if you struggle then please look at the uk sellers on here who have cards with no issues

magbob 05-21-2012 11:07 AM

OK, thanks for your advise.

I have noticed that many people talk about prepaid cards and such.. why use them with paypal? is it not easier to just use a debit card from your bank?

I just ordered a new debit card from my bank (my bank account is on paypal's file so cannot use it).
I will use the card, but not the bank account.
I opened a new savings account to use with paypal.

Is that OK?
Paypal cannot see the bank details for the card, right?

NoneOther 05-21-2012 11:10 AM

No they can't see the details but they can verify the registered address.

magbob 05-21-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 343382)
No they can't see the details but they can verify the registered address.

Hi,

That worried me... how can they verify the card registered address?
I provided them with a card that it is registered to my home address (home address account has been limited).
So will they see the address and limit my account at some point??

I do not understand it. I thought we could use our real bank details for the Stealth account, just do not provide pp with the address. All my bank accounts are registered to my home address ...

London1234 05-21-2012 12:06 PM

I think you're confusing two different things.

1. PP verification
2. EBAY Card addition

On 1: can do stealth yes and (bank DD policy dependent....search forum) the stealth name/add you used when setting up PP shouldn't affect the the 2 deposits into your real bank account...(PP don't see the name/add). Bank must accept deposits though that aren't in your name

On 2. Get a VCC. Lots out there. On some Ebay won't see they name/add... Info on the forum.

To note - when you want to lift limits via ebay (not pp) you'll prob have to prove your address - they'll send out a code. If this add is the same as your limited one - instant limit. I'd advise now using an address that you can get to, as such.

NoneOther 05-21-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magbob (Post 343389)
Hi,

That worried me... how can they verify the card registered address?
I provided them with a card that it is registered to my home address (home address account has been limited).
So will they see the address and limit my account at some point??

I do not understand it. I thought we could use our real bank details for the Stealth account, just do not provide pp with the address. All my bank accounts are registered to my home address ...

Its called AVS (Address Verification System) which checks the registered address of debit & credit cards are correct against the details you provide.

Certain other types of cards (vcc and prepaid) can help with this.

Lots of previous threads covering this. Try a forum search

magbob 05-21-2012 01:49 PM

Oh dear even more verification...

I thought pp is the only verification process I will have to go through. I have had my account with ebay for 8years (until I lost it of course) and I think at that time I only needed my name and ad to set it up, no verification whatsoever unless I forgot.

Is it not a problem I will use a different card for pp verification and ebay?
When will ebay ask me to submit the card info? what is the limit please?

NoneOther 05-21-2012 03:03 PM

The card is not for e/b and p/p verification, your bank account does that.

Adding a card confirms your address, hence the card you use has to match the address you have provided.

Suggest you buy and study the guide before going any further.

levi6482 05-21-2012 03:13 PM

I did state this to u @magbob in a pm....you need to buy the stealth guide. You are panicing (which i understand) but if ur going to do this & do it well, u need to understand how it works. so buy the guide. It will be the best £30 u have spent :cheer:

magbob 05-21-2012 03:52 PM

But I did read the stealth guide, twice... I still was not sure about bank accounts/cards though.
I understand now that the card I submit for ebay has to match the address I provided. What about paypal? does the card has to match the address too?

I have verified my account with 2 small deposits so my bank obviously accepted the transfer in different name :) I only need to add the card to my pp account and the one I will get in a few days is going to be registered to my home address, not my pp address...

levi6482 05-21-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magbob (Post 343485)
But I did read the stealth guide, twice... I still was not sure about bank accounts/cards though.
I understand now that the card I submit for ebay has to match the address I provided. What about paypal? does the card has to match the address too?

I have verified my account with 2 small deposits so my bank obviously accepted the transfer in different name :) I only need to add the card to my pp account and the one I will get in a few days is going to be registered to my home address, not my pp address...

Yes all stealth details have to match up.

magbob 05-21-2012 04:38 PM

So my plan to use a debit card (paypal) was all useless..?
I understood (after reading Stealth guide) that I could use a debit card for my stealth paypal account... I did not know they will be able to check the address...
Eh..

levi6482 05-21-2012 04:44 PM

Pm Gtb about Vcc's

magbob 05-21-2012 04:55 PM

Ok thanks I did
I tried to find some info here regarding good recommended VCC cards

NoneOther 05-21-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magbob (Post 343485)

You CANNOT add the debit card for your bank account to p/p if it does not match your stealth address.

You NEED to understand this now, if you attempt to add it it will not work.

All cards must pass AVS

wonderful.insane 05-21-2012 07:38 PM

hello seniors
my personal paypal account was limited.i want to open a business account now for which
i have a limited company.i have changed all the details as suggest by the stealth.but pp still need my name.if i put my name,could it lead me to a limit again?
also what documents they need if they ever ask for them?

magbob 05-22-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderful.insane (Post 343553)
hello seniors
my personal paypal account was limited.i want to open a business account now for which
i have a limited company.i have changed all the details as suggest by the stealth.but pp still need my name.if i put my name,could it lead me to a limit again?
also what documents they need if they ever ask for them?

It looks like you need the Stealth guide to start with :) I am a junior member and still have got a lot to learn about Stealth accounts, so do not want to give you wrong advise.
All I can say never ever try to open a new account with ANY info that you have used before. You cannot use your name too, you will need new details: name, address, new IP, new you...

magbob 05-22-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 343501)
You CANNOT add the debit card for your bank account to p/p if it does not match your stealth address.

You NEED to understand this now, if you attempt to add it it will not work.

All cards must pass AVS

Very helpful info - thanks.
So now I know why there is so much talk about VCC on this forum...

By the way a few months ago I opened Stealth paypal account and I did use debit card linked to my real address. The card has been accepted and I even made payments with it. The account is not limited but I cannot use it, as it is very likely it will be one day. It was before I found out about Stealth accounts so I have done everything wrong (same IP, cookies etc)

Anyway it seems they do not check that careful after all if I was able to add my debit card :)

NoneOther 05-22-2012 07:36 AM

Oh! they do check, you can bet on that.

If the account is not limited then why can't you use it, if as you say you have been making purchases through it?

magbob 05-22-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 343662)
Oh! they do check, you can bet on that.

If the account is not limited then why can't you use it, if as you say you have been making purchases through it?

Hi,
I could use it, but I do not want to. They have got everything to link that account to my old paypal account. Despite of that they have not?
I think the pp bast***s are waiting for me to accept some payment, then they will freeze it & limit my account.
I rather do not give them the satisfaction and open fresh Stealth accounts.