eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Called up paypal! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/49625-called-up-paypal.html)

mirus 08-12-2012 06:23 AM

Called up paypal!

I phoned paypal about some recent activity in my account, and I also asked the guy on the phone when the 21 day hold will dissapear and he replied it is permanent, and that paypal will always hold a sellers money unless the buyer leaves positive feedback! Can this be for real?

rsot 08-12-2012 06:41 AM

He is just trying to shut you up - the hold can disappear with time...it can also come back! Read around the forums - search is your friend :)

GreenBean 08-12-2012 07:14 AM

Only in his peanut brain mind.

It's a typical response to get you off the phone.

:violin:

Ebayorbust 08-12-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirus (Post 367266)
I phoned paypal about some recent activity in my account, and I also asked the guy on the phone when the 21 day hold will dissapear and he replied it is permanent, and that paypal will always hold a sellers money unless the buyer leaves positive feedback! Can this be for real?

As Greenbean and rsot have said, this is nonsense.

For the most part paypal employ the less gifted members of society. They are barely able to read from a script, so thinking for themselves is completely out of the question.

The holds will drop off at some point so long as you maintain good feedback, DSRs and keep cases opened to a minimum. When they do stop, remember they can just as easily start again should any of the above slip.

It's all about perceived risk. There is no specific feedback score or "time on eBay" that determines when the holds stop.

Elijah 08-12-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 367284)
It's all about perceived risk. There is no specific feedback score or "time on eBay" that determines when the holds stop.

Yes, there is. 90 days after first sale, eBay will stop instructing PayPal to hold payments, and there will be no more holds. But then PayPal may decide to apply the holds again on their own accord at any time after that.

Ebayorbust 08-12-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 367292)
Yes, there is. 90 days after first sale, eBay will stop instructing PayPal to hold payments, and there will be no more holds. But then PayPal may decide to apply the holds again on their own accord at any time after that.

As I said, it is down to perceived risk. There is no guarantee holds will be stopped after 90 days.

GreenBean 08-12-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 367292)

That's not an absolute.

You make it appear black and white.

ebay has been reported to start the holds again after your magical 90 days.

This has happened on UK & USA accounts.

Holds will come whenever paypal/ebay want.

:deadhorse:

Ebayorbust 08-12-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 367297)
That's not an absolute.

Spot on.

I would also add that I have a new account that has never had holds from day one. Account is now about 5 months old and got around 170 seller feedback.

Elijah 08-12-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 367293)
As I said, it is down to perceived risk. There is no guarantee holds will be stopped after 90 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 367297)
That's not an absolute.

That would be down to PayPal, not eBay. I have only ever seen/heard it be applied again by Paypal making the descision themselves after those 90 days. Never eBay. They just release the account after the 90 days and then let PayPal decide what is best.

Every account that I have ever had, got automatically released after 90 days by eBay. Then on some of them, PayPal made the descision to reapply holds without needing that instruction from eBay any longer.

And yes, I occasionally get accounts with no hold from registration date. But the holds often come the next day, on transactions processed after the dreaded email telling you that holds will be placed on your account...

soto13 08-12-2012 11:19 AM

i have several stealths that have no hold at all, whats weird is i have a real account..everything real and when i tried to withdraw the very first time, it was only 15.00 dollars and paypal limited my account until i sent in id! how is that for paypal makes no sense at all. i also found that it mainly applies to the category i'm listing in...because the ones with no holds are all in the same category and the ones with holds are in different categories because they sell different items...as of yet i have figured out there is no ryhme or reason to anything that paypal does

crafty1 08-12-2012 02:10 PM

The same applies to me, on some sales there will be a hold and on some others there will be no hold. I don't think anyone has figured out when it will get removed.

Stigger 08-13-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirus (Post 367266)

You have been here Around the forum a week or two at least and you still don't understand the processes.

Please don't tell me that so called recent activity was you sending money to another pp account ?

Stealth Guide ?

Mrkashmir 08-22-2012 12:37 PM

I cant stand paypal customer service it really is annoying.

I end up arguing with them somtimes lol.

slim jim 08-22-2012 02:23 PM

arguing with them is pointless and can only hurt you. call back til you get someone normal. on accounts i have the 21 day hold i keep on calling and eventually i get someone who says they put in a review to their manager and within 1 week it is always removed. you do have to show that you have been doing things properly. adding tracking, shipping on time, etc...

Mrkashmir 08-29-2012 07:39 PM

My God do not call them idiots up, they are the biggest clowns and dont really give a fook. They love getting cheeky sometimes because they prob get abused by so many people lol.

Oh and i too luv giving them some grief , they deserve it the way they act.

grrr " paypal customer service.

I tend to find email working best for me. Anyway be patient keep selling and hopefully the hold will be removed for good.

peace.

slim jim 08-29-2012 10:30 PM

most of the people you talk to don't even really know what paypal is, they are just happy they have a job. it's obviously done on purpose, just like most big corporations. HOWEVER you do get sensible people on the phone from time to time and everytime i have talked to one of these people about holds, within 2 weeks max my holds are gone. sometimes it has taken me 10 calls over a few days but it's worth it