Re: Paypal must think we are daft! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 08-20-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Paypal must think we are daft!

So the story goes like this...

Paypal had confirmed my account as being 'fully verified with no limits' by email over a month ago...

Yet two nights ago it all of a sudden hit a £1900 receiving limit

So they tell me to provide more information through the resolution centre...click on said buttons and it tells me everything I needed to provide has already been supplied...

So even more confused, it is too late to call them so I decide to wait until the next morning.

In the meantime, another payment comes in...and paypal place a limitation on the account...

Which includes them reversing over £1000 which was in the process of being transferred...

Somewhere between fuming and panic, I decide I can do nothing more until I speak with them. I send an email reminding them that I have already had an answer to this issue and what is going on.

So, the next morning I make a call and get speaking to someone in a paypal call centre who thanks me for my call and states that they will have my issue resolved by the end of the call...

Less than 30 seconds later and without any questions from them or any more information from me other than to confirm the name on my account everything is restored...

No limits, fully verified, thank you please.

So my question is why?

Is this just another cog in the paypal system that allows them to generate interest on vast quantities of our money for every 24 hours its in their coffers?

What other reason or excuse could they possibly have for this carry on?

A happy chappy here today though, mortgage paid for another month (no thanks to
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Paypal, Amazon, Ebay, and the rest have Automated Robots that "Patrol" their sites 24/7, looking for ALL sorts of different thing like Banned IP Addresses to Illeagal Items, Inaccurate listings, and MUCH, MUCH more, it is quite possible that one of these "Bots" Flagged your account by error, and once a Human took a look, they quickly realized the inaccuracy and restored your account,,,Im QUITE sure that this is what really happened to you,,,