eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Called! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/50174-paypal-called.html)

scotay 08-28-2012 03:21 AM

Paypal Called!

Strange one, don't know if Paypal were just sussing me out.

Now got 3 stealth accounts going with account 1 now selling my risky VERO products. All accounts are in no way linked.

Sold a few last week and on Saturday night my mobile rings, new mobile and number so PP didnt know of it. Some guy from Paypal, sounded like called over net from abroad, american accent, calls to congratulate me on my first sales and asks me if im ok with the workings of Paypal and if there are any problems...

Was tempted to say yeah there is a problem, the £500 on my other account you lot are holding to ransom for 6-months...

Strange thing for PP to do or is this normal now?

Only thing is the other fledgling stealth accounts have pre-pay sim cards just used to bet the pin number to set the accounts up. What happens if PP cal them and get no reply/

meVebay 08-28-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotay (Post 371509)
Only thing is the other fledgling stealth accounts have pre-pay sim cards just used to bet the pin number to set the accounts up. What happens if PP cal them and get no reply/

In my experience if they try calling and they do not get an answer it usually results in a limitation.

I cannot stress the importantance of having a working phone number.

GrannyT 08-28-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotay (Post 371509)
Strange one, don't know if Paypal were just sussing me out.

Now got 3 stealth accounts going with account 1 now selling my risky VERO products. All accounts are in no way linked.

Sold a few last week and on Saturday night my mobile rings, new mobile and number so PP didnt know of it. Some guy from Paypal, sounded like called over net from abroad, american accent, calls to congratulate me on my first sales and asks me if im ok with the workings of Paypal and if there are any problems...

Was tempted to say yeah there is a problem, the £500 on my other account you lot are holding to ransom for 6-months...

Strange thing for PP to do or is this normal now?

So how did they get the number?

rsot 08-28-2012 03:57 AM

YOu do need to answer these calls even lightly.

scotay 08-28-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 371512)
So how did they get the number?

Gave my new mobile number when setting up first account.

So if i don't answer the call they limit account?

Means you need a mobile phone permanently running for each account then!

meVebay 08-28-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotay (Post 371518)
Gave my new mobile number when setting up first account.

So if i don't answer the call they limit account?

Means you need a mobile phone permanently running for each account then!

Nooo....

It means you need a working phone number for each account.

I carry 1 iPhone around with me. All my accounts that are currently running divert to my phone.

Elijah 08-28-2012 04:40 AM

They call you also for an invoice request if you have a lot of activity on a new account sometimes. I got a call some months back and was limited right after the call... the guy said that he would send me an email with what to send him. It was just the standad "Your account has been limited until we here from you" crap.

Virtual phone number services like Soho66 will help you have as many numbers as you like without needing to carry that many mobile phones.

scotay 08-28-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meVebay (Post 371519)
Nooo....

It means you need a working phone number for each account.

I carry 1 iPhone around with me. All my accounts that are currently running divert to my phone.

Sorry for sounding stupid but how is this achieved, automatically transferring your calls to one number.

I'm based in UK if i want to do this.

I dont want the hard work i have done of getting 3 stealth accounts up and running to fall down just because i have pay-as-you-go sim cards who have been registered to open the account not monitored.

I got 4 tesco mobile sim cards to use on 2 of the accounts, and simply used them to get ebay to send the activation pin to them, that's all. It was pure chance i answered the call on Saturday, i normally dont to numbers i dont know.

GreenBean 08-28-2012 08:18 AM

Tesco must be made for we stealth users ;)

thehelpline.com > Tesco Mobile > Call / Phone Features > Divert calls on Tesco Mobile

Even I could follow the instructions
:pop2:

scotay 08-28-2012 09:40 AM

Will need to get myself a newer mobile to do this first...

oompaloompa 08-28-2012 11:49 AM

I have never been suspended for omitting to answer the phone and to date have hardly had a call from pp.

I was once temporarily suspended for having an dead number, I re-verified another number and was ok.

OP or anyone, has anyone had a paypal call made from a mobile format number? cos I had a few missed calls on a line that is registered for eb/pp and wondered who it was.....

slim jim 08-28-2012 01:42 PM

if you use google voice i would highly suggest changing the automated answering message. it says 'you have reached a google voice subscriber'. i do not think they will like this. hearing a 'regular' message will look better

Mrkashmir 08-29-2012 07:49 PM

Thats quite rare they love u because they never call me haha.

Hmm even if they did id prob act nice then shout out fook you once i hanged up lol.

ZoonVoo 08-30-2012 07:55 AM

They called me once but everything went OK