eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal reviewing withdrawals (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/51017-paypal-reviewing-withdrawals.html)

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 02:24 AM

Paypal reviewing withdrawals

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you have come across this. The last three withdrawals I have made from one stealth ac and the last 2 withdrawals from another stealth ac I have had this message from pp

'For security reasons, we are reviewing your withdrawal request, which could take up to 21 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.'

I can understand a random check but like I said it has been for the last 5 withdrawals I have made between the 2 accounts. 100% fb on both accounts which are over a year and a half old. One is silver powerseller. To be honest I end up getting me money sooner as they BACS transfer that same day or the day after which is a bonus- but I am worried that they are checking something. Any ideas? Have I got a problem? Thnaks as always.:amen:

imjustme 09-21-2012 02:34 AM

How much was the amount for? Might be that you're withdrawing too much.

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 378248)

£100 on the power seller account then 3 x £300 I think. £60 on the other at first then £400. But believe me I have placed higher withdrawals than this without it being checked. The only thing I can think of is that I went on holiday 3/8/2012 until 17/08/2012. I stopped selling stuff a few weeks before I went so didnt make any withdrawals on either account for around 4-6weeks. started selling again when I got back and basically every withdrawal I have made since then has been manually checked. They put it in my bank immediately so they are obviously not finding anything- just I am getting a bot paranoid thinking it is the calm before the storm-lol.

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 378248)

Sorry that was £1000 first on the power seller account not £100.

Bunneh 09-21-2012 04:07 AM

Personally waiting up to 21 hours for a paypal withdrawal to show on your bank account is nothing drastic.. as some have to wait 72 hours.
So i wouldn't be so stressed out about it.

I also dont think that EVERY withdrawal gets a manual review, it is all automated, otherwise imagine the amount of staff they would have to hire, for the amount of customers they have withdrawing from paypal.
That text is just put in place on the website, to cover themselves and to try and justify holding the funds for as long as they can and do.

I suspect much larger amounts will however get manual reviews.

makaveliagain 09-21-2012 04:20 AM

If you keep a significant balance which would cover about 5-10days worth of transactions and fees you shouldn't have a problem. Sellers who withdrawal money as soon as they get it always run into problems. How eBay and PayPal operate today it you really need to keep a significant balance relative to sales and your selling history. If you try to push it you are risking all the hard work you put into creating the account. As much as it sucks it is better to be safe than sorry and to build a standing with eBay and PayPal to sell and get paid over the long run. Even if that means less withdrawals and having to keep a PayPal balance.

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 378277)
Personally waiting up to 21 hours for a paypal withdrawal to show on your bank account is nothing drastic.. as some have to wait 72 hours.

I also dont think that EVERY withdrawal gets a manual review, it is all automated, otherwise imagine the amount of staff they would have to hire, for the amount of customers they have withdrawing from paypal.
That text is just put in place on the website, to cover themselves and to try and justify holding the funds for as long as they can and do.

I suspect much larger amounts will however get manual reviews.

Maybe I am just getting a bit paranoid and reading more into this than I should. I see what you are saying about their standard txt to justify holding funds- but I am actually getting my money quicker than ever. I never pay for the quicker withdrawal- just ask for the standard but it is going into my bank the same day in most cases. I certainly dont mind this part- it was just the thought that all my withdrawals were being checked that freaked me out a bit.

Bunneh 09-21-2012 04:24 AM

[quote=easytiger12381;378291]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 378277)

I suspect much larger amounts will however get manual reviews.[/QUOTE

Maybe I am just getting a bit paranoid and reading more into this than I should. I see what you are saying about their standard txt to justify holding funds- but I am actually getting my money quicker than ever. I never pay for the quicker withdrawal- just ask for the standard but it is going into my bank the same day in most cases. I certainly dont mind this part- it was just the thought that all my withdrawals were being checked that freaked me out a bit.

Yep, no more £5 faster payment withdrawals.:cheer:

rsot 09-21-2012 04:25 AM

Seen this before on a different account - went ok for long time so...time will tell

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 378294)
Seen this before on a different account - went ok for long time so...time will tell

Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to hear from someone. Thanks Rsot. I have never had PP case even raised against me on either of the accounts (touch wood) and obviously they are not finding a problem with any withdrawals so if they wanna keep on doing this and putting my money into my bank within 24hrs instead of the normal 72hrs I think I better quit winging and let the carry on-lol.
Maybe they are so impressed with me they feel like giving me my money asap-PMSL

GreenBean 09-21-2012 04:50 AM

There's been a change in paypal methods.

Started in this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...nt-summer.html

Fast forward to start of September

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-payp...ty-issues.html

Happening with several banks ( though not all).

Hope that helps :)

Elijah 09-21-2012 04:52 AM

They seem to be doing this on every withdrawal on accounts that now have the "2 hour" withdrawals enabled; just when they were required by law to start doing the faster withdrawals, they of course find a way around complying. Little buggers. In the early days of this your withdrawal would go through immediately but recently they have started doing an automated review on all of these "faster" withdrawals.

It's nothing to worry about though as I haven't heard of anyone failing the security check thus far. It should all go through fine.

easytiger12381 09-21-2012 05:06 AM

Thanks folx. Feel a lot better now. Just start panicking a bit when something changes.x

GreenBean 09-21-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easytiger12381 (Post 378310)
Thanks folx. Feel a lot better now. Just start panicking a bit when something changes.x

Common feeling to many of us ;)

imjustme 09-21-2012 10:20 AM

The 1,000 pounds transfer without activity for a few weeks was probably what triggered it.

Ebayorbust 09-21-2012 11:36 AM

I'm currently operating on 8 UK paypal accounts.

1 is taking 3 days for withdrawals (no security review)
3 are instant (no security review, money in bank in less than 1 hour)
4 are taking several hours (get the 21 hour review but money still goes in usually within 4-5 hours).

Last week my 21 hour reviews were taking 21 hours. Now it appears to be taking less.

Looks like there's still a while to go with this before it all settles down.

Batman 09-22-2012 03:55 PM

i just submitted to withdraw like 350 to my account and have 21 hour review on them after they will be deposited within 2 hours.

so scared lol