eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   How to stop paypal to take money out directly from my account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/51283-how-stop-paypal-take-money-out-directly-my-account.html)

maprod 09-29-2012 07:46 AM

How to stop paypal to take money out directly from my account?

I just sign up new paypal and add bank account. Now they ask me to Review and Submit Direct Debit Details. This means in the future, if I have no money in my paypal account, they will direct debit my money directly from bank account.

How to stop them to take my money from my bank account automatically if I have no money on paypal account? As I know, it is compulsary to us to "Review and Submit Direct Debit Details", then we have to agree to allow them to take money out. Otherwise paypal will not add bank account for you.

So what I want to know is how to cancel direct debit from paypal?

slim jim 09-29-2012 12:23 PM

You can not. Always leave enough money in your account for fees and returns.

Elijah 09-29-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maprod (Post 380370)
I just sign up new paypal and add bank account. Now they ask me to Review and Submit Direct Debit Details. This means in the future, if I have no money in my paypal account, they will direct debit my money directly from bank account.

How to stop them to take my money from my bank account automatically if I have no money on paypal account? As I know, it is compulsary to us to "Review and Submit Direct Debit Details", then we have to agree to allow them to take money out. Otherwise paypal will not add bank account for you.

So what I want to know is how to cancel direct debit from paypal?

And here lies your answer... don't submit the direct debit mandate that permits them to dip into your bank. Your bank account will be added, just not confirmed.

slim jim 09-29-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 380415)
And here lies your answer... don't submit the direct debit mandate that permits them to dip into your bank. Your bank account will be added, just not confirmed.

Makes sense. Good info to know

yotano211 09-29-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 380415)

If your bank account is not confirmed I think you still have the monthly with draw limit on to a certain amount, depending on the country your in.

maprod 09-29-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 380419)
If your bank account is not confirmed I think you still have the monthly with draw limit on to a certain amount, depending on the country your in.

Exactly. Can I not submit direct debit and get no limit withdrawing?

slim jim 09-29-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maprod (Post 380436)

no, that would be your only workaround, if you verify it you will have to follow my advice from before. it can get a little annoying but you have to play the game proper

rsot 09-30-2012 08:42 AM

@Elijah, is this something specific to UK? In Canada and US pp, once you add the bank account - the 2 deposits are done and the direct debit is agreed upon.

GreenBean 09-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 380542)
@Elijah, is this something specific to UK? In Canada and US pp, once you add the bank account - the 2 deposits are done and the direct debit is agreed upon.

UK banks want the 'extra' conformation.

It has a better advantage in my opinion. USA/Canadian users are forced to close the bank account to remove paypal's access & yet face the chance of paypal still trying to 'pull' the funds from an account.

In the UK, a direct debit mandate may be cancelled by instructing the bank to not allow paypal to touch funds. Correctly done, it saves an account holder from overdraft fees and troubles.
It is not hard to do so long as a seller is watching their account
:juggle:

GreenBean 09-30-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maprod (Post 380436)

Yes you can.

You should submit the direct debit mandate.

Get fully verified & confirmed. Operate your account as you want.

If there appears a problem may happen, you instruct the bank to remove the mandate.

:ranger:

Stigger 10-07-2012 11:25 AM

Simple really.

All you have to do is remove the account which in turn cancels the DD.

Now add the bank account back to pp but do not fill in the dd mandate again.

you PP is still verified so no problem.

Same as how many have there Svers accounts now.

Stigger 10-07-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 380638)
Yes you can.

You should submit the direct debit mandate.

Get fully verified & confirmed. Operate your account as you want.

If there appears a problem may happen, you instruct the bank to remove the mandate.

:ranger:

that removes the bank account, so you still have to re add it.