eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal limited access (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/51535-paypal-limited-access.html)

p.aubin 10-07-2012 05:15 PM

PayPal limited access

Hi, I'm new here and could use some help:

I used my (week old) stealth PayPal account to sell a few items. However, I noticed that even though I had £200 in my account I couldn't make payments because of 'insufficient funds' so I sent an email to PayPal. Never received a reply but a few days later I logged in and my account is limited.

PayPal is asking me to add a credit or debit card, for which I'm adding a prepaid MasterCard (Ukash NEO), and confirm my bank account. Which bank should I open an account with (the PayPal account is in completely different name)? I know Lloyds is not an option, any other I should avoid?

How long does it take for PayPal to remove limited access? I just want to withdraw the money and ditch the account. Made a few really stupid mistakes, such as using Tor and had a payment sent as a gift including a message 'Please send the item to <address>'. No wonder they got suspicious.

Thanks for your time.

rsot 10-08-2012 09:14 AM

Welcome to the forums. How long has it been since you sent the docs? If more than 3-5 days, I would call and press up.

There are many UK banks that have no problem. The few ones can be found by searching the forum.

All the best.

Elijah 10-08-2012 11:27 AM

He didn't mentioned sending in any documents?

Let this be a lesson that you should NEVER contact eBay/PayPal for anything. It just makes them scrutinise your account manually and look for any pathetic excuse to limit you. And them not even bothering to reply to you but just limiting you after you brought your account to their attention is how they operate... they both have some of the worst "customer service" and that is why you shouldn't contact them in the first place.

For the banks, anything except LLoyds is good for stealth. Unfortunately there isn't any guarantee that PayPal will remove limitations after you comply with all their information requests so don't be too suprised if they give you a permanent limitation after this. I would still give it a try though... just be sure to not make the same mistakes in future.

p.aubin 10-09-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

How long has it been since you sent the docs? If more than 3-5 days, I would call and press up.
They didn't ask me for any, I was just asked to 1) change my password, 2) change my security questions, 3) add a bank account 4) confirm my location by adding credit/debit card and I think they also want to verify my phone number

Quote:

Unfortunately there isn't any guarantee that PayPal will remove limitations after you comply with all their information requests so don't be too suprised if they give you a permanent limitation after this. I
Does that mean I have to wait 180 days to withdraw the money?

I'll be applying for a bank account with Halifax as I only have a Lloyds account at the moment.

Stigger 10-09-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.aubin (Post 382578)
Th I only have a Lloyds account at the moment.

is this the account you used for PP , if so that probably the reason for failure.

Elijah 10-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.aubin (Post 382578)
Does that mean I have to wait 180 days to withdraw the money?

If they decide to permanently limit you after you do what they ask, yes it will. But hopefully it won't come to that.

p.aubin 10-14-2012 08:01 AM

Added the bank account on Wednesday, still waiting for the deposits to show up in my statement, hopefully it's just a normal delay.

rsot 10-14-2012 09:10 AM

Wed - so Thurs, Fri, Mon - tomorrow you could have some result

p.aubin 10-16-2012 11:41 AM

All done, hoping for the best.

Off topic: Noticed that direct debit has succesfully been set up. Does that mean that anyone who has my account number and sort code can setup direct debit from my account, even if the name doesn't match? Better not to accept bank transfers then.

p.aubin 10-18-2012 10:31 AM

I just logged into PayPal and now they're asking me for:

1. Photo ID
2. Bank Account Statement
3. Provide more information about payments

Any suggestions? Can't even remember the date of birth I used when signing up.

p.aubin 10-19-2012 12:34 PM

Found out the date of birth, which is completely wrong, so can't even use my own ID. What a mess.

crafty1 10-19-2012 01:10 PM

You need to read the stealth book and also browse around on the forum and you will learn a lot. I would move on and create another account and just do it step by step and don't rush into anything.

If your not sure about something, there are lots of help here...:peace:

p.aubin 10-20-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1 (Post 385447)
You need to read the stealth book and also browse around on the forum and you will learn a lot. I would move on and create another account and just do it step by step and don't rush into anything.

If your not sure about something, there are lots of help here...:peace:

Yeah, before I got limited I wasn't even aware this forum exists, hence all the mistakes. Anyway, I'm not just going to let PayPal keep my 200 quid.

Is there any way to get permanently limited without supplying any documents to PayPal so that after 180 days I'd just be able to withdraw the money?

Elijah 10-20-2012 08:04 AM

You could do what stanislav on here did and send them an empty jpeg... they would probably have a good laugh back at PayPal HQ but you would get what you want from them.

rsot 10-20-2012 08:19 AM

In most cases, pp will let you withdraw 180 days after the date of limitation. Since your amount is only 200, I would not feel that they would hold it for longer than that

Elijah 10-20-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 385598)
In most cases, pp will let you withdraw 180 days after the date of limitation. Since your amount is only 200, I would not feel that they would hold it for longer than that

He already acknowledged the 180 day thing. And while the staff might try to say 180 days after limitation date there really is no justification for them doing so. They will release it 180 days after the last payment was made if you point out to them that their supposed reason for applying the 180 day holds, no longer applies.

Oh, and the amount of the funds would never have an effect on them holding funds for 180 days. It would be down to other factors than the amount... for example if they would like to confirm your identity first.

GreenBean 10-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.aubin (Post 385590)
Yeah, before I got limited I wasn't even aware this forum exists, hence all the mistakes. Anyway, I'm not just going to let PayPal keep my 200 quid.

Is there any way to get permanently limited without supplying any documents to PayPal so that after 180 days I'd just be able to withdraw the money?

Email them or phone them. Tell them you decline to supply info and you want your funds released.

Phoning is better as it starts the countdown to the release

:pop2:

p.aubin 10-20-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 385593)
You could do what stanislav on here did and send them an empty jpeg... they would probably have a good laugh back at PayPal HQ but you would get what you want from them.

That made *me* laugh, haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 385611)
Email them or phone them. Tell them you decline to supply info and you want your funds released.

Phoning is better as it starts the countdown to the release

:pop2:

I think that's what I'm going to on Monday unless another options pops up (unlikely as it is).

Since there's no sure way to prevent it from happening again, I won't be creating another account anytime soon; I guess if you're not selling on eBay (I'm not) PayPal is best avoided completely.