eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Access Card - anyone got one? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/51558-paypal-access-card-anyone-got-one.html)

johnnyleeds 10-08-2012 12:03 PM

Paypal Access Card - anyone got one?

I noticed an advert for this Paypal Access card on the Paypal UK website today,.

it appears to be another version of the Paypal pre-paid debit card. however it appears that you can only apply for one if you've been invited, so far I havent,.
I dont know if its because I only have a personal Paypal account rather than a premier Paypal account.

Has anyone been 'invited' to apply for one of these cards?

I thought it might be useful to get money out of the ATM - even though there is a £2 fee, if I was desperate for the money it could help out.

If I upgrade to a premier Paypal account will that automatically qualify me to apply for one? Also would it be likely to cause problems for my 'stealth' accounts?

sax4 10-08-2012 01:32 PM

Hmm something like the Paypal top card that was around a few years ago. Used to love the card at the time, got my cash within 24hrs

johnnyleeds 10-08-2012 02:33 PM

Yes thats what I meant, this Paypal Access card is virtually identical to the Paypal Top Up card that was around a couple of years ago, I had one back then but it wasnt on a 'stealth' account.

I dont know if I've ballsed up here or not, but the temptation was too great and I've gone and upgraded my Paypal account from a personal to a premier account and I've just applied for the Paypal Access card.

What was peculiar was that when I clicked on the 'Apply Now' button, I got a window opened up telling me to login to my premier account, so I logged in to Paypal again only this time the advert for the Paypal Access card had disappeared and there was no furthur webpages asking me to fill in details to apply for the card.

Neither did it say my application was in progress or anything and I've not had any email response to confirm that I've applied for the card and that I'll have it in 'x' amount of days or whatever... very strange... so am I getting the card or what?

I'm a bit worried because I just remembered that apparently with the old Paypal Top Up card you wouldnt get it if the details you applied for the card with didnt match the electoral register or something. I just hope that applying for this card doesnt compromise my Paypal account... eek! I'll let you all know how it goes.

If I get it though - happy days! I'll be getting paid when my auctions end on Sunday and I'll be off straight down the pub with my Paypal Access card for a slap up carvery dinner washed down by pints of real ale, mmm! Hope it doesnt mean I end up blowing the postage money on beer tho... :pound:

meVebay 10-08-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 382412)
Yes thats what I meant, this Paypal Access card is virtually identical to the Paypal Top Up card that was around a couple of years ago, I had one back then but it wasnt on a 'stealth' account.

I dont know if I've ballsed up here or not, but the temptation was too great and I've gone and upgraded my Paypal account from a personal to a premier account and I've just applied for the Paypal Access card.

What was peculiar was that when I clicked on the 'Apply Now' button, I got a window opened up telling me to login to my premier account, so I logged in to Paypal again only this time the advert for the Paypal Access card had disappeared and there was no furthur webpages asking me to fill in details to apply for the card.

Neither did it say my application was in progress or anything and I've not had any email response to confirm that I've applied for the card and that I'll have it in 'x' amount of days or whatever... very strange... so am I getting the card or what?

I'm a bit worried because I just remembered that apparently with the old Paypal Top Up card you wouldnt get it if the details you applied for the card with didnt match the electoral register or something. I just hope that applying for this card doesnt compromise my Paypal account... eek! I'll let you all know how it goes.

If I get it though - happy days! I'll be getting paid when my auctions end on Sunday and I'll be off straight down the pub with my Paypal Access card for a slap up carvery dinner washed down by pints of real ale, mmm! Hope it doesnt mean I end up blowing the postage money on beer tho... :pound:

You won't get it if your not on the electoral roll.

If they are "stealth" details then your application will be declined.

Also, if you've put your real details on the application, expect a perma limitation shortly.

johnnyleeds 10-08-2012 02:45 PM

Hi MeVebay, I didnt fill in any application, like I said in the message above.

I just clicked on the 'Apply Now' button, then it just asked me to login to Paypal again, now the Paypal Access card button / advert has disappeared.

Of course I wouldnt have put my real details in!

I asked about this card earlier but I'd not got a reply from anyone so I thought it must be ok, or it was brand new or something.

So you reckon I'll get my application declined? What I was saying was I hope it wont affect my Paypal account. What do you think?

meVebay 10-08-2012 02:59 PM

I don't think you have applied then.

I wouldn't waste my time with it to be honest.

Have your auctions to end on a Friday night, withdraw on a saturday morning and you'll have the money Sunday to go to the carvery with.

johnnyleeds 10-08-2012 03:28 PM

Hopefully you're right meVebay, it seems it must have ignored my attempt to apply I'm just going to leave it, nowts worth losing my account over.

rsot 10-08-2012 06:39 PM

This is only on Pp UK? Dont see on CA or US platforms except that debit deal.

meVebay 10-09-2012 04:33 PM

Yes, a PayPal UK product in the PayPal UK sub forum ;)

GreenBean 10-09-2012 05:36 PM

johnnyleeds 10-21-2012 11:38 AM

Well, another surprise I had on top of getting nearly £200 worth of £5 fast withdrawal fees refunded was that yesterday the postman delivered my Paypal Access card!
I couldnt believe it! I activated it no problem and I was able to buy some groceries at my local store using the funds in my Paypal account by paying with the Paypal Access card!

And it is a 'Stealth' account! What a total bonus!

Now I have instant access to any payments made to me!

johnnyleeds 10-21-2012 11:39 AM

sorry for over use of exclamation marks in my last post !!!!!!!!!!!

meVebay 10-21-2012 11:48 AM

So, is your PayPal account registered to your address then?

Or do your PayPal account & PayPal Access cards have different addresses?

they_screwed_me_too 10-21-2012 11:59 AM

ive got one

nice tool

with some lateral thinking they can be very beneficial

johnnyleeds 10-21-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meVebay (Post 385966)
So, is your PayPal account registered to your address then?

Or do your PayPal account & PayPal Access cards have different addresses?

Yes MeVebay my Paypal account is registered at 'my' address which is the same address as my Paypal Access card, the Paypal and Paypal Access arent seperate accounts, its all the same details if you know what I mean.

I remember with the previous Paypal prepaid credit card from a few years ago, I think you could only get it if the applicants name was on the electoral register or something, I can remember I couldnt get one for a stealth account, but my girlfriend got one in her own name. It seems this new Paypal Access card is different. Definetely worth having I reckon.

sax4 10-23-2012 05:34 AM

Cool, so as long as you have access to your stealth address then its great.

rsot 10-23-2012 06:10 AM

Congratz johnnyleeds!!!!!

GreenBean 10-23-2012 08:04 AM

Cards and refunds all within the same month?

Why is paypal trying to make us like them

:spy:

:lol:

johnnyleeds 10-23-2012 02:09 PM

hmm, do you smell a conspiracy GreenBean? Or maybe Paypal's monopoly has been rumbled and they are going to have to let us offer alternative methods of payment - credit cards / bank transfers etc that will free us all of Paypal's tyrannical reign of the internet auction sales market?? Mwwuh hah ha haahh!

rsot 10-23-2012 03:30 PM

Would be nice johnnyleeds but I dont see that going on anytime soon...

sax4 10-23-2012 05:56 PM

Think its just the fact that Paypal now often let you transfer your cash to bank instantly, so they think they may as well let you spend it instantly too.

I would imagine payments on this card are guaranteed?, otherwise declined PP payments would be embarrassing.

I have to familiarise myself with the particulars.

GreenBean 10-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 386655)
I have to familiarise myself with the particulars.

I have to get more wallets. Each ID is in a wallet

Must look on ebay

:juggle: