eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Huge problem with Paypal! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/51737-huge-problem-paypal.html)

Clockwork 10-13-2012 10:02 AM

Huge problem with Paypal!

One Year Ago

A year ago I opened a Paypal & eBay account to sell 2 xbox live ethernet cables worth £40. Once I recieved the payment on my account, I packaged up the items and sent them to the buyer as quickly as I could. Roughly a week later the buyer opens a dispute and requests a refund since the cable wasn't long enough. I was more than happy to comply but there were was a major problem: Paypal limited my account and the money was still on there so it meant I couldn't refund him. I called Paypal and they referred me to eBay... eBay said it was an issue with Paypal and that I should consult with them. They requested every piece of ID & document related to my life and I sent it all. Two weeks later my account was still limited and no way to pay. And the emails from Paypal regarding the payment kept piling. Long story short, the debt collection agency were brought in and I explained the situation and they took the payment.

Last week I decided to buy a virtual item off a website worth £200. With my troubles with Paypal in mind, I decided to use a credit card which wasn't linked to my other account and I paid as a 'Guest' straight with the card.

3 days later the seller informs me the funds have been held for security checks >.> and on Thursday they decided to reverse the payment to my credit card and according to a customer service agent, the money should arrive in my bank in 3-5 days time (which should be between tomorrow and next Tuesday) and that it was held because I had a limited account linked to my name

I'm worried though..I've heard stories of Paypal holding on to money for 6 months at a time for no reason. I haven't paid through a paypal account but as a guest via a credit card. Surely they cannot hold it for an unspecified period since it was made by my credit card company?

I'm just looking for reassurance really. I'm really worried :(

Moegames 10-14-2012 02:34 AM

You will get your money back during that 3-5 days. I know, it happened to me before...it has nothing to do with "using" your paypal account, that is why even though it spotted "you" using their services with a credit card.

I have how ever used a credit card on ebay about a year ago using my name, home address,etc that i had previously used on a dead/limited paypal account of mine and it worked.

GreenBean 10-14-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 383663)
One Year Ago

I'm worried though..I've heard stories of Paypal holding on to money for 6 months at a time for no reason. I haven't paid through a paypal account but as a guest via a credit card. Surely they cannot hold it for an unspecified period since it was made by my credit card company?

I'm just looking for reassurance really. I'm really worried :(

You still 'used' paypal.

Don't look for reassurances and say paypal in the same breathe.

It is not a given the funds will be returned although they may be. You allege the debt was settled? Get that paperwork ready to show paypal.

Depends on how seriously paypal take the link to your old paypal. It's known that guest payments can be trouble for buyers.

rsot 10-14-2012 08:03 AM

Welcome to the forums. I think your problem is that you did not operate stealth as a BUYER. Did you have cookies from your old pp in place still? Did you use a new user account? Same IP? Those kind of things (partly) can lead to linkage and cause you problems.

Learn about stealth for future operations

Clockwork 10-14-2012 11:57 AM

I rang up customer services and the women on the phone said the cash has left paypal already and will arrive in my bank by next tuesday.

I asked the women what if it didn't arrive and she said since you didn't pay through and account but as a "guest" using a credit card, paypal wouldn't be able to hold it like they do with funds in accounts.

After reading some of the horror stories on certain forums though I won't be getting my hopes too high. Fingers crossed by Wednesday I'll have the full amount

Clockwork 10-17-2012 05:44 PM

Got my money back :) It arrived on monday.

rsot 10-18-2012 05:07 AM

Nice ending on the story - hope your learned

isitworththestress 10-24-2012 07:25 PM

good to hear but you did not have to worry, as paypal would never chance standing up to a credit card company. They tend to squeak like little girls and do as they are supposed to, as if they are embarrassed to act the way they do in front of the big boys.

rsot 10-24-2012 07:53 PM

/quote

as paypal would never chance standing up to a credit card company.

Right on - and thats why they force their chargeback fees on sellers.

Stigger 10-25-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 383934)
I rang up customer services and the women on the phone said the cash has left paypal already and will arrive in my bank by next tuesday.

I asked the women what if it didn't arrive and she said since you didn't pay through and account but as a "guest" using a credit card, paypal wouldn't be able to hold it like they do with funds in accounts.

After reading some of the horror stories on certain forums though I won't be getting my hopes too high. Fingers crossed by Wednesday I'll have the full amount

Nicely put.