Problem with withdrawal to bank account!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-20-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Problem with withdrawal to bank account!?

Hi Folks!

There seems to have been a lot of change going on with Paypal recently, firstly they changed the time it took to withdraw money, then yesterday I logged in to find I'd had what appears to be all the £5 fees I paid to withdraw my money to bank account faster - REFUNDED! There was nearly £200 that I didnt have before!

Anyway I transferred some money to my usual account, and it was transferred almost instantaneously, which was great. However several hours later I;ve tried to withdraw some more money to my bank account, I got the usual 4 hour security review notice that I sometimes get. But then a couple of minutes later I received a worrying email from Paypal saying there was a problem with my withdrawal request, the email goes as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem with your recent withdrawal request

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You recently made the following request to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account:

Amount requested to be withdrawn from PayPal: £45.00 GBP

Bank account: Bank of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx

However, this withdrawal request was declined by your bank for one of the following reasons:

The bank account number does not exist or is invalid
The bank branch listed in your PayPal account does not exist
The bank does not accept electronic withdrawals
Another reason not specified by your bank
The relevant funds have been returned to your PayPal account. For further details on the return, you’ll need to contact your bank.

Please note, for security reasons, your bank account has been disabled from use on PayPal. Please contact PayPal Customer Service if you wish to have your bank account reinstated.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funds were returned to my Paypal account, but now it looks like Paypal have removed the bank account I've always used with my Paypal account meaning I have no way to get the money out of my Paypal account!! WTF!! If its not one thing its another!! Has anyone else ever had a problem like this, or has this happened to anyone else recently? What can I do about it? It says I need to contact Paypal customer services to have my bank reinstated, which I'm reluctant to do as I cant phone 0845 numbers from my mobile phone, also I dont want them scrutinizing my account and smelling a rat ala stealth details etc..... Please can someone help me out here.

many thanks

Johnny

Last edited by johnnyleeds; 10-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2012

Longevity: 67%

PP is putting in place many changes. Have to bear with it for a while I guess. I recently opened 2 stealth accounts. Both were fine. Then, the bank accounts were removed. I tried to add another bank account. I got the new method, 1p method. It went straight to "bank account disabled, call support...".

I think they are just having issues at the moment. One of the above two stealth accounts had already been linked to an eBay account. I called support. They told me to be patient.

It seems that the whole PP system is in a mess right now.....

Too many stealthers! LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mack the Knife For This Useful Post:
johnnyleeds (10-23-2012)
Old 10-21-2012

Longevity: 80%

Johnny, the bank account disabled glitch occured around a month ago one evening.

HOWEVER, the bank accounts were not removed.

Have you checked by clicking withdraw and seeing if the bank account is still there?
Old 10-21-2012

Longevity: 79%

sounds like name miss match to me jonny.

i would just try and withdraw again , if it happens a second time, add a bnk account from another bank.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-21-2012
Threadstarter  

I didnt try to withdraw again as they've said they removed the bank account, so that made me think I wouldnt be able to do another withdrawal, I was worried about doing anything that could wreck my account. Should I just try and do another withdrawal?
Old 10-21-2012

do as the above poster says and see if the bank account is still there, if it is i would see if the bank refused it and why by asking the bank , then i would decide on the next move

Or i would just try and withdraw now.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
johnnyleeds (10-23-2012)
Old 10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
do as the above poster says and see if the bank account is still there, if it is i would see if the bank refused it and why by asking the bank , then i would decide on the next move

Or i would just try and withdraw now.
If the bank account is there, try again.

If it isn't, then that's another matter.
Old 10-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Well I tried to withdraw some money to my usual bank account again, only I dont know if its worked because I got an email from Paypal saying there would be a 24 hour review then up to 2 hours before the funds went in my bank! So far the withdrawal still says 'Pending' However I noticed that when I went to do the withdrawal my bank account hadnt been removed from my Paypal account as they'd said in the email they firs sent to me....

Also does anyone know if its ok to 'Add Funds' to my Paypal account from my bank account or is this likely to get rejected / cause problems? It says on the Paypal site this only takes a few minutes to do, will I be ok doing that?

ta!
Old 10-22-2012

Then I am sure I'm correct that it is a glitch PayPal's end.

Your review will fly through

Add funds from your bank if the names match

Otherwise avoid, like the plague.
The Following User Says Thank You to meVebay For This Useful Post:
johnnyleeds (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice MeVebay! You were correct, the second withdrawal I tried did eventually go through so obviously the withdrawal that was rejected plus the email I received from Paypal saying the fault was with my bank account not existing, and that they'd removed my account was a glitch! Pretty irresponsible of Paypal though... I was totally panicking thinking I'd come unstuck.

As for the trying to add funds back to my Paypal account I've decided against it, the overall consensus seems to be it would be a bad idea as it could reveal my bank details, i.e, name to Paypal.

And I've discovered another way I can send my parcels without having to do it via the Paypal website - in the UK you can use the Royal Mail website to print out the same postage labels that you can do on the Paypal website, plus I can save a bit of money as it lets you use second class post, which the Paypal website doesnt.

Also I'm just going to make a one off payment of my Ebay fees using the virtual debit card I have registered with EBay / Paypal which works as I've done it before. But I'll make sure my Paypal account doesnt run close to zero again... Phew, I thought I was going under for a minute...
Old 10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Thanks for the advice MeVebay! You were correct, the second withdrawal I tried did eventually go through so obviously the withdrawal that was rejected plus the email I received from Paypal saying the fault was with my bank account not existing, and that they'd removed my account was a glitch! Pretty irresponsible of Paypal though... I was totally panicking thinking I'd come unstuck.

As for the trying to add funds back to my Paypal account I've decided against it, the overall consensus seems to be it would be a bad idea as it could reveal my bank details, i.e, name to Paypal.

And I've discovered another way I can send my parcels without having to do it via the Paypal website - in the UK you can use the Royal Mail website to print out the same postage labels that you can do on the Paypal website, plus I can save a bit of money as it lets you use second class post, which the Paypal website doesnt.

Also I'm just going to make a one off payment of my Ebay fees using the virtual debit card I have registered with EBay / Paypal which works as I've done it before. But I'll make sure my Paypal account doesnt run close to zero again... Phew, I thought I was going under for a minute...

Its a no no from bnk to pp so you made the right choice there

And breath.

Glad to hear its worked out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-23-2012), johnnyleeds (10-26-2012)