Adding funds to Paypal account - is this ok to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Adding funds to Paypal account - is this ok to do?

Hi folks!

Is it ok for me to add funds to my Paypal account from the bank account that I usually use to withdraw funds to?

I've had a problem in that when I recently tried to withdraw some funds they have gone and said there will be 21 hours 'review', so I used my Paypal Access card to take the money out of an ATM instead, however I'd like to transfer the money I withdrew, thats still 'pending' back into my Paypal account when it finaly reaches my bank account at some time tomorrow as I need it to pay postage.

I've never actually 'added funds' to my Paypal account from my bank account and before I tried doing it I just wanted to know if it might cause a problem.

cheers!

Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Is your account stealth? Does the bank account exist in your name but the pp name is different?

Not really the best idea if so - why not get a prepaid card to cover the postage?
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Edited out - typo.

Last edited by rsot; 10-23-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Of course its a stealth account! Otherwise why would I be bothered to ask if it would be a problem? What do you mean a pre-paid card to pay the postage? I'm talking about putting some money back into my Paypal account from my bank account, but if its going to give Paypal my 'details' them obviously I dont want to...How will putting money onto a virtual credit card form my bank account help me get it back into my Paypal account?

Actually I was thinking I might just try sending the items by taking them to the post office like I used to do ages ago, I usually send stuff first class using the Paypal / Royal Mail postage label printing system, but that doesnt let me use second class postage. However I've noticed that the times when I've taken items to the post office to pay the postage in cash it seems to cost a lot more than if I'd paid for it at home??? I do use proper digital postage scales that are very accurate so its not like I've been underestimating the weights or anything. Maybe the woman at the post office counter doesnt like me? Or maybe she is overcharging me and pocketing the difference? Or maybe I'm living in cloud cuckoo land?
Old 10-23-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Of course its a stealth account! Otherwise why would I be bothered to ask if it would be a problem?
bit harsh when you asking for help

Quote:
Or maybe I'm living in cloud cuckoo land?
yes

you will get a reciept from the post office so check it when you get home

back in the day we used to drop 100s of items off with the postmaster, and leave him a blank cheque (yes yes i know)

he used to process them all for us saved hours a day

turned out he was sending things at the next weight bracket u, refunding at the end of the day and pocketing about £30 a day for himself

until he had that accident with the steps
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

If you dont have money to buy the postage on pp, sure do the old-fashioned way - go to the post office and mail with tracking - upload the tracking for funds to be released.
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Hi folks!

I've never actually 'added funds' to my Paypal account from my bank account and before I tried doing it I just wanted to know if it might cause a problem.

cheers!
There is a remote chance the real name could be picked up on such a transfer.

Then this could also be the 20 quid your Great Aunt Thelma is transferring as a present....nudge nudge wink wink

Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Well the money I was hoping to re-transfer back into my Paypal account is still pending after over 24 hours!! What the hell is going on, I thought they were supposed to have sorted this out...

Also I've just had a notice from Paypal saying they are putting a 21 day 'Hold' on my daily payments - FFS! I havent even done anything wrong except a few weeks ago Ebay pulled a sale of an item I was selling as it contained a minute amount of alcohol... Why would that mean they have to put a 21 day hold on my payments?

Now it means that the money I have coming into my account which would have paid my Ebay fees at the end of this month will be 'held'! Great... What happens when my fees arent paid? I cant believe the strife that Paypal cause sellers with their ridiculous games...
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

You can buy a vcc to pay your fees but
In my opnion, you should leave enough in your account always to cover fees AND possible refunds. If you ship quick with confirmation, you can get your money released quicker.
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

And just about all accounts get 21 day hold, even when they are removed they can come back. If you didn't have the hold, this was more of an exception than a rule
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi SlimJim! Oh I've experienced the 21 day holds several times before, they dont really faze me at all, I know the hold doesnt last 21 days, its usually until the buyer leaves positive feedback, I tend to post my items by first class (thats usually next day in the UK) delivery the next working day after the auction ends.

They usually remove the 21 day hold after a month or so. What confuses me is there never seems to be any rhyme or reason as to why they put these holds on my account, sometimes I get them when my feedback is at its best and my DSR's are all doing great...

I secretly think that Paypal loathe having to give us our money and they want to keep hold of it for as long as they possibly can - its all money in their bank earning millions of pounds in interest for them isnt it?
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

/quote

its all money in their bank earning millions of pounds in interest for them isnt it?

Technically they do have a statement out that they are not profitting from keeping money in hold - it's in their policy.