Where does the link end - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Where does the link end

I've recently been permanently suspended from Paypal. For reason I'm not entirely sure of. They won't tell me why. It must be because of my payment reversal percentage (Roughly 15%). My appeal failed. So that's that.

I had two items of stock left over when I got closed down, so firstly I used a friends Paypal account and my eBay account to sell the one. THAT GOT LINKED and permanently suspended. (One angry friend)

For the second item of stock I used my brothers eBay and Paypal account over his house. THAT GOT LINKED and permanently suspended. (One angry brother)

I want to know will my brother be able to open a new account or use his wife account without if being linked again? Because this time I won't be involved at all. He genuinely wants an eBay/Paypal account to sell things from around his house. But know I'm scared the linking will carry on. I would hate for his wife's account to be suspended also.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

All of the victims you mentioned in this situation can easily get back on ebay and not have to worry about being linked again. Purchase eBay Stealth and if you follow it to a T, all will have new ebay identities and you can avoid making the same mistakes twice.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a non-paid endorser of eBay Stealth. My advice telling you to purchase eBay Stealth is completely unbiased.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
DISCLAIMER: I'm a non-paid endorser of eBay Stealth. My advice telling you to purchase ebay stealth is completely unbiased.
I LIKE that!

You should put that in your signature.
Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Mistakes have already been made twice....

OP, do you intend to use ebay/paypal again yourself?

If you do, your 1st step will be to have a business plan that excludes a high rate of reversals.

At this point I would recommend concentrating on yourself & new accounts.
Old 11-05-2012
Threadstarter  

I don't plan on using ebay/paypal again in a hurry. Only because I'm opening my own website store soon.

I can't see how ebay/paypal can continue closing accounts down if they have nothing to do with me. Granted my brothers was (I sold an iPhone on it), but surely his wifes account will be safe otherwise this could go on forever.

They obviously live at the same address and use the same internet connections.

Surely the link has to come from the original offender.

What do you think, will his wifes be linked too?
Old 11-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

By default, there is every chance of that account being penalized because of your actions of using their accounts.

ebay is known to restrict the innocent frequently.

paypal does the same.

Old 11-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Whats the simplest thing she could do to minimize detection?

Could it be simply changing you IP address.

It is worth calling paypal and explaining the situation?
Old 11-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

It's probably too late as the damage has already been done.

Where does the link end?

Who knows, it's like the domino effect, one gets hit and that leads to another and another and so on.

In all likelihood calling them will make no difference. e/b can and do suspend any accounts that they feel are linked to offenders.

They do not care about collateral damage, it suits them as it diminishes their risk as far as you or your friend/brother using any other accounts that would appear to offer relatively easy access to.

This is why it is never recommended to use family and friends genuine accounts or there details for stealth accounts. It always ends in tears

The only safe way forward for all involved is to go truly stealth

Last edited by NoneOther; 11-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2012
Threadstarter  

I thought you guys might have known the answer about where does the link end.

I've read the mini guide. Thats looks like a lot of work in itself let alone what the full guide is like.

They will not go through it. They haven't got the time nor effort to do that.

If they keep blindly closing down accounts, eventually there won't be anyone left.
Old 11-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanmufc View Post

I've read the mini guide. Thats looks like a lot of work in itself let alone what the full guide is like.

If they keep blindly closing down accounts, eventually there won't be anyone left.
They are not 'blindly closing down' accounts. You are linking one account to another which makes it easy for them to shut you down. If you are not willing to follow the steps of the guide you will not find a solution
Old 11-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

What's this "mini guide" then?

I thought there was only one guide
Old 11-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, you have probably burned your family info quite a bit but all the best with the fresh start - time to go stealth and understand it best.
Old 11-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
What's this "mini guide" then?

I thought there was only one guide
The mini guide is a teaser. It just wets your chops to give you a taste of all the info you will get if you buy the full guide that most of us have.
Old 11-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

The link will end when your contributions no longer matter to paypal/ebay.

That's not a given in any case.

The blindness is not that of ebay/paypal in any case. It was your choosing to use others' accounts to bypass your problems.

Hindsight is not much use now. To go forward, linking of accounts must be prevented

Old 11-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, PP works on RISK principles. When they find an account risky, it gets axed. You getting linked is quite a bit risk - and logical to force you out.

Read the guide or around the forums or both and come up with the re-up plan.
Old 11-06-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all your help guys. You've opened my eyes.

So there's no real way of knowing that answer, just preventing it from happening with use of the guide.
Old 11-06-2012

Longevity: 67%
Default Totally Agree

Quote:
Thanks for all your help guys. You've opened my eyes.

So there's no real way of knowing that answer, just preventing it from happening with use of the guide.
I linked two accounts and got axed linked a friends Paypal to my own Ebay account - Same story as yours more than 15% refunds on a bad product = Permanent suspension from Paypal but not Ebay which is interesting - Ebay still keep telling me to do better with my sales to stop selling limits which makes me laugh - Follow these guys Ebay & Paypal dont listen
Old 11-07-2012
Threadstarter  

So unfortunately your friends account got axed too. Is there anyone else living at your friends address who uses ebay/paypal.

Have they had any problems, cause of using same IP and home address as your friend etc?

Its so unfair if they axe someone innocent like that. Just because the address and IP is the same. Account activity will be completely different mind.

It seems the general consensus on here is I don't know, or as long as there no risk to eBay/paypal there won't be a problem. As it should be ebay/paypal should judge every case on its own merits, and not blindly close down accounts just because there's a slight link to an offender.

This is what I need to know.
Old 11-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

They do not judge accounts on their own merits, that is not part of their risk strategy. If it was then many members of this forum would not be here in the first place. They would still be happily using their original accounts.

It is well documented on these pages as to how family,friends and colleagues have lost innocent accounts purely by association to an e/b "rule" breaker.

They may not lose them immediately but when the bots catch up with them they will. I may take weeks or even months but e/b has all the time in the world. e/b may be run by humans but it is controlled by algorithms that are designed to seek and destroy any and every potential risk to their precious business.

Anything that links an offender's account to another makes it fair game for e/b and p/p to close them down. It's even been known for everyone in a college hall of residence to be booted because of one offending account.

You can complain about the injustices of e/b and p/p's actions in terminating accounts until your blue in the face but they have never listened and never will. It's their ball game and their rules and if they allow you to play make the best of it while you can or better still, stack the odds in your favour and go stealth.

Stealth is the only safe way to distance yourself from those around you. If your account goes down no one else gets hurt and if your operating stealth as it should be you will always have another account waiting in the wings to fill the breach.

How do I know this?

It's how I ended up here, I lost an 8 year old TRS business account with over 8k feedback by being associated to someones banned account.

Did e/b care about my appeals?

NO

Last edited by NoneOther; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.