eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   need help for entropay verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/5444-need-help-entropay-verification.html)

ebay007 06-25-2008 05:49 PM

need help for entropay verification

Hi guys,
I just opened an entropay account today, and I succeeded to register a sell account. But when I wanted to verify the paypal account, I've got a problem. Ebay needs the branch loaction, sort code, account number.....those kinds of information. I found 16 digits on my entropay virtual card, but I really don't know which 6 digits are sort code and which 8 digits are account number. Do you have any idea about that?

BTW, I only heared about this forum 2 days ago, apart from eating and sleeping time, I spent all my time on this forum. This is the most useful websit I've ever seen. Cheers aspkin, cheers modee,cheers for all my ebay colleagues.

greg2414 06-25-2008 08:39 PM

Entropay is a creditcard (Virtual) it is not a bank account.

A bank account is somewhere like Barclays, Halifax, Lloyds TSB etc etc where you keep your money!!

If you have a bank account on your bank card the sort code will be XX-XX-XX (X) Being a number and account number is usualy 6 digits next to the sort code.

Credit card is a card with credit on (Banks Lending you money)

Entropay is a virtual creditcard which you can load and use online for saftey, hiding your details from sellers. Hope this helps. Any more probs give us a tinkle.

ebay007 06-26-2008 10:50 AM

Thank you very much for such detailed replys,Greg2414,Nokia6600.
I've already got an bank account from HSBC and added it to my paypal account. But I was considering to get another paypal account to sell some quite high risk goods. you gays must know this;) It seems I have to apply another bank account. Is there any other solutions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg2414 (Post 47440)
Entropay is a creditcard (Virtual) it is not a bank account.

A bank account is somewhere like Barclays, Halifax, Lloyds TSB etc etc where you keep your money!!

If you have a bank account on your bank card the sort code will be XX-XX-XX (X) Being a number and account number is usualy 6 digits next to the sort code.

Credit card is a card with credit on (Banks Lending you money)

Entropay is a virtual creditcard which you can load and use online for saftey, hiding your details from sellers. Hope this helps. Any more probs give us a tinkle.

itruk 06-26-2008 10:51 AM

Im in the same boat as the oringial poster now.

Is it safe to put my bank details in the verification form as thats surely linked to my banned account?

itruk 06-26-2008 11:03 AM

Thats what i thought!
Done all the other steps, I've just opened up a Entropay account and added it to my Paypal but as i want it verified they ask me for the branch name, sort code etc... Im stuck again!

ebay007 06-26-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itruk (Post 47557)
Thats what i thought!
Done all the other steps, I've just opened up a Entropay account and added it to my Paypal but as i want it verified they ask me for the branch name, sort code etc... Im stuck again!

itruk, my mate, sounds we stucked in the same step. haha.

greg2414 06-26-2008 11:28 AM

itruk u need to get a bank acount, read my reply above!

greg2414 06-26-2008 11:29 AM

The SOLUTION is get another bank account, very easy to do and get. If you have online banking with hsbc apply for a savings account easy!.

ebay007 06-26-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg2414 (Post 47562)
The SOLUTION is get another bank account, very easy to do and get. If you have online banking with hsbc apply for a savings account easy!.

Thank you greg2414. I have a hsbc saving account.

greg2414 06-26-2008 11:39 AM

open another then!"

ebay007 06-26-2008 01:02 PM

Got It, Thanks.

itruk 06-26-2008 01:14 PM

ebay007 - Which savings account did you go for?

I'm also with HSBC and currently don't have a savings account and couldn't figure out which was a decent one to go for (cash isa, e-ISA) etc....

It will just be used for the money from ebay sales and then transfered accross to my main HSBC account. So i can't have any transfer limits on it etc.

Cheers

mattcafc 06-26-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg2414 (Post 47562)

Though if you keep opening bank accounts dont even think of ever getting a decent mortgage and a new house

greg2414 06-26-2008 03:06 PM

Matt, i think you need to get facts straight. Savings account's do not go against anything on your credit report.

mattcafc 06-27-2008 02:46 PM

I think it is you who needs to read what is posted more.

I quote

Originally Posted by greg2414
"The SOLUTION is get another bank account"

Yes thats a bank account, not a savings account suggest, effects credit ratings.

To which I said

"Though if you keep opening bank aco****s"

Again no mention of the subsequence savings accounts that will be open once the initial bank account is opened.

supersenwins 07-02-2009 06:31 AM

Hi all,

Whats the latest status on using Entropay card to verify Paypal account?? Does it work. Please give definitive answers and no guessworks...Or is there any better alternative?

coz I dont want my PP to be limited/banned....

Eagerly looking for your answers.

GreenBean 07-02-2009 06:55 AM

Welcome! entropay is still fine for paypal. Works OK. I deleted your other post as it is a duplicate. :peace:

supersenwins 07-02-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 93857)
Welcome! entropay is still fine for paypal. Works OK. I deleted your other post as it is a duplicate. :peace:

Sorry abt the double post. I'm holding an Indian PP acc and have linked my bank acc and successfully withdrew some $$ but to lift limitations I need to add a CC.

I am thinking which 1 wud be a better VCC for a Indian PP acc? I hear entropay VCC has 1 year expiry period Or shud I use HDFC Netsafe VCC?

Plz answer lukin for ur answer...

GreenBean 07-02-2009 10:33 PM

Can give you no bad answer about HDFC netsafe except it is 'messy' to use. You have to download stuff to get the expuse numbers. May be OK since it is very popular in India. I prefer entropay. :cheer:

supersenwins 07-03-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 93943)
Can give you no bad answer about HDFC netsafe except it is 'messy' to use. You have to download stuff to get the expuse numbers. May be OK since it is very popular in India. I prefer entropay. :cheer:

Hi GreenBean tnx for answering my qn so quick. Much appreciated. Cud u b kind enough to answer these qns as well?

It seems entropay wud suit me best as it has a 1 yr expiry period. wud shortly get my entropay acc. So can I generate any number of VCCs from 1 Entropay acc paying 20$ once. Or shud I pay 20$ each time to generate a VCC?

Also can you tell when HDFC Netsafe cards expire?

oompaloompa 07-03-2009 05:47 AM

entropay you initially load $20 minimum, then make as many as you can from that amount, always load at least $6 per card initally, you can transfer balances over $2 from card to card within account, if you have left-overs

GreenBean 07-03-2009 05:18 PM

Ouch & Rats

Checked with entropay about amount of funds for second and subsequent cards
Here's part of their reply dated 6/3/2009:

You may fund your second EntroPay card the same as you do the default card.
Just select the card from the drop down list.
The minimum payment USD20 on all cards.
If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
Michelle
EntroPay Support

Gone are the days of the minium amounts to load :pout: